Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Sussex_gal
    EGG PPI Claim - Certified documents!!!!
    • 23rd Mar 13, 11:21 AM
    EGG PPI Claim - Certified documents!!!! 23rd Mar 13 at 11:21 AM
    Hi to all,

I am a new user to the site but am in need of some info please!!!.

I was sent a claim pack in January 2013 from Canada Square Operations ( not requested) and was slightly puzzled as to what it was for so gave them a call they told me I had a case for reclaiming PPI which they believed was mis sold to me when I took the loan out.... So I though what do I have to lose completed the claim form and returned... about 4 weeks later recieved a letter telling me that form recived and was being looked into.. Then on the 5th March 2013 I recieved a offer letter informing me I was mis sold and that a cheque would be sent within 20 working days of the acknowlegement slip is sent back.. to confirm this I called them on an 0800 number with some questions.
    I informed them that I had married since I took out the loan in 2003 and what information would they need to show this. I was told that a copy of my marriage certificate, and evidence of both my maiden name signature and my married signature.. I did tell them I have been married for over 9 years and didnt have anything with that signature on.. the chap on the phone checked this with a manager and came back telling me to sign the forms with what was my maiden signature and my married signature... along with a copy of birth certifate and marriage certificate... I sent these off on the 13th March 2013..

So I wait in anticipation for the cheque to land on the doormat.... No cheque arrives but a letter dated 18th March asking for the following " Thank you for returning the acceptance form - However in order for us to arrange your refund to be paid to you, we require the following:

• Documents evidencing your change of name, suh as a certified copy of marriage certifcate ( which I had sent on 2 previuous occasions) or deed poll , along with your old and new signatures ( which I provided on the acceptance form).
    • Please be aware that without this documention will will not be able to process your refund. However this does not affect your right to refer this to the FOS..
    I am very confused and frustated by all of this - I didnt contact them!!!!.
    Is a marriage certifacte not certified - or do I need to get someone to certify this - How do I get this done.
    And id there someone I can contact within Canada Square operations to deal with this promptly.

All advice greatfully recieved.
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 23rd Mar 13, 12:12 PM
    • 7,061 Posts
    • 4,476 Thanks
    -taff
    • 23rd Mar 13, 12:12 PM
    • 23rd Mar 13, 12:12 PM
    There'll be crossed wires somewhere. Are the letters you've been receiving from the same department? Wait till the weekends done than give them a ring,
  • Maxers
    • 23rd Mar 13, 12:17 PM
    • 23rd Mar 13, 12:17 PM
    If you've sent a photocopy of the marriage certificate they may need a certified copy. If you take your original marriage certificate to your bank/building society they will copy it and stamp the copy as certified.

I've had to do it a couple of times as banks generally won't accept a regular copy without it being certified x
  • SDMPB
    • 26th Mar 13, 9:09 AM
    • 26th Mar 13, 9:09 AM
    Hi I'm just waiting on receiving 2 cheques from Canada Square re Egg card and loan.
    The customer relations email is;
    crt.pleaseassist@citibank.com or ian.paul.clark@citi.com
    Canada Square are run by Citi Bank.If you email them they will phone you back. It is as an unknown/blocked number.
    I have spoken to them a number of times over the past month and to be honest the guy I spoke to was very helpful.
    Although I only had to send in my proof of change of address there are a few points to take into account before receiving a cheque.
    The 20 days is working days and only from the date of the confirmation letter. I was told it can take a few days for the dept who issue the cheques to be informed and then it can take upto 7 days for the cheque to be printed and then has to go through the system to be posted.
    My first cheque should be here any day now from what I've been told :-)
    Hope all this helps. Good luck
  • seriouslackofpounds
    • 26th Mar 13, 10:46 AM
    • 26th Mar 13, 10:46 AM
    I have had a letter from canada Sq Operations dated the 14th March - It says 20 days from the confirmation of their receipt of my confirmation that I will get my cheque for the refund. What if they never acknowledge my receipt? I will never get my cheque? This all sounds a bit fishy to me and I bet I will have to take them to the small claims court to get my money.
    Has anyone who has spoken to them or had a cheque - can you give me some advise. I cannot find a phone number for them anywhere. The Citibank email address above no longer works. I doubt the chief exec will respond to my email.
    I would like to get it sorted as it will pay off my existing loan and will help me pay off other debts.

Any help appreciated and yes I am panicking a bit about it.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 26th Mar 13, 11:16 AM
    • 7,061 Posts
    • 4,476 Thanks
    -taff
    • 26th Mar 13, 11:16 AM
    • 26th Mar 13, 11:16 AM
    You will get your cheque but it may take longer than 20 days.
  • seriouslackofpounds
    • 26th Mar 13, 12:36 PM
    • 26th Mar 13, 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply Taff. Just called them and they said 20 days from today. Not so bad.

0800 358 2101 is the number for Canada Square Operations incase anyone needs it. Took me a while to track it down as no phone number on the letter.
  • Sussex_gal
    • 6th Apr 13, 8:45 AM
    • 6th Apr 13, 8:45 AM
    If you've sent a photocopy of the marriage certificate they may need a certified copy. If you take your original marriage certificate to your bank/building society they will copy it and stamp the copy as certified.

I've had to do it a couple of times as banks generally won't accept a regular copy without it being certified x
    Originally posted by Maxers
    ]#

Hi I have done this now - and sent back to them with my old and new signatures just waiting for the cheque to land on the door mat :-)
  • Sussex_gal
    • 6th Apr 13, 8:50 AM
    • 6th Apr 13, 8:50 AM
    I got my marriage certificate certified by my bank last week and returned to them on the 27th March along with my maiden / married signatures, so am I likely to receive the cheque soon or is it likely to take 20 working days from when they receive the documents from me...
  • Sussex_gal
    Hi I'm just waiting on receiving 2 cheques from Canada Square re Egg card and loan.
    The customer relations email is;
    crt.pleaseassist@citibank.com or ian.paul.clark@citi.com
    Canada Square are run by Citi Bank.If you email them they will phone you back. It is as an unknown/blocked number.
    I have spoken to them a number of times over the past month and to be honest the guy I spoke to was very helpful.
    Although I only had to send in my proof of change of address there are a few points to take into account before receiving a cheque.
    The 20 days is working days and only from the date of the confirmation letter. I was told it can take a few days for the dept who issue the cheques to be informed and then it can take upto 7 days for the cheque to be printed and then has to go through the system to be posted.
    My first cheque should be here any day now from what I've been told :-)
    Hope all this helps. Good luck
    Originally posted by SDMPB
    Thanks for the information I will certainly try the emails this week if nothing received... I am amazed by it all as they were the ones who contacted me in the first place and so far this has taken over two months to resolve... I hope you receive your cheque soon :-)
  • Sussex_gal
    Well the saga continues I have received a letter from Canada Square operations today a letter dated the 4th of April confirming that they are happy with the information provided as requested and that the letter is confirmation that we are now in the process of preparing your cheque that will be issued within the next 20 working days..... so watch this space :-P
  • Popples1
    Hi,

On the same theme, I have also been asked by Egg to provide a certified copy of marriage certificate. A solicitor certified this as a true copy and I sent but they have said it is not certified???

I am not sure what they are looking for and I can't get my bank to do it as its First Direct so don't think that's an option.

There are no contact details on the letter I have received either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    • Mrsmauler
    • By Mrsmauler 18th Mar 17, 7:54 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsmauler
    Hi , just after a bit of advice ! My husband sent a ppi claim into the claims guys for a loan he had 20+ years ago, he has received a letter back saying Yorkshire Bank require a certified proof of id before they will respond.

Do you think this means he is due some money back ?

Thank you for reading x
    • waamo
    • By waamo 18th Mar 17, 9:42 AM
    • 1,318 Posts
    • 1,422 Thanks
    waamo
    It's most likely for data protection. They can't respond in any way to him unless they can be certain they are responding to the correct person.
    This space for hire.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 18th Mar 17, 10:15 AM
    • 18,539 Posts
    • 8,757 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    My husband sent a ppi claim into the claims guys for a loan he had 20+ years ago, he has received a letter back saying Yorkshire Bank require a certified proof of id before they will respond.

Do you think this means he is due some money back ?
    Originally posted by Mrsmauler
    Not at all.

If he no longer banks with them, they need proof of who he says he is before they even look at the "complaint".

Does he know if he had PPI or has he let the Claims Company send a speculative complaint whether he had it or not?
    • Mrsmauler
    • By Mrsmauler 18th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsmauler
    This makes sense thank you! He can't remember if he had ppi or not and he hasn't banked with them for a few years !

Oh well I will keep my fingers crossed ha ha
    • Lsk123alarm
    • By Lsk123alarm 29th Apr 17, 3:11 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lsk123alarm
    Hi I have also been asked for evidence of former names from egg when requesting a dsar. What makes me laugh is they were quick enough to write and tell me I had no PPI on loans and credit cards when I wrote to them and give me the account and card numbers. When I ask them for dsar so I can see for myself they then don't want to give the info without proof of who I am!! Does your own bank charge a fee to certify documents for other companies?
    • Mrsmauler
    • By Mrsmauler 15th May 17, 6:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsmauler
    We had to get the I.d signed at a crown post office think it cost 10.50 , we still haven't heard anything from bank and we sent it off ages ago x
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 18,539 Posts
    • 8,757 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    The Bank have eight weeks to respond. You first posted about requiring ID in mid March so I expect confirmation (or denial) that there was PPI will arrive shortly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,398Posts Today

8,608Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Beware the hidden £1,000s parents aren't told they must pay for University fees. My new FT column https://t.co/gDOyZDMCr9 (free to read) RT

• Who do you think came out best in the Corbyn v May battle tonight?

• Clever by Paxman; subtly testing out "strong & stable" by focusing on u-turns on Brexit view, social care, self employed tax & election date

• Follow Martin