Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    HtM
    completesave.co.uk
    • 21st Mar 13, 3:15 PM
    completesave.co.uk 21st Mar 13 at 3:15 PM
    Hi

Just wanted to warn people about completesave.co.uk.
    Last February I made a purchase from play.com using my credit card. After completing the purchase, another screen popped up saying something about vouchers with a certain percentage off the next purchase. I did not take much notice and just closed the page. It seems that completesave.co.uk signed me up for monthly voucher, which I never received, charging me 10.00 GBP per months. I should have checked my credit card bills more vigorously!! This has gone on for about a year! If they had actually sent me any vouchers, I would have known and cancelled the subscription!!

I think it is really awful the way they have taken my credit card details and just charged my card. They claim that they get costumers to register with them and it is all clear. However it is really sneaky. I just wanted to share this story with everyone here so that you are more careful especially when using play.com

If anyone knows of a way to get my money back I would be grateful.

thanks
Page 4
    • robpw2
    • By robpw2 4th Jan 18, 10:44 AM
    • 12,648 Posts
    • 26,377 Thanks
    robpw2
    i just want to say i joined them after being promised 15£ cashback on trainline - i Had to enter my card details to join and the t&c clearly state if you dont cancel in 30 days YOU will be charged ... well i got my cashback and then rang to cancel ... they confirmed
    no issues

they dont take details withiout your permission

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
    • bakerbird
    • By bakerbird 10th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bakerbird
    My (14yo) daughter ha just fallen foul of this company.

She bought something last September and after payment was confirmed, a pop up appeared telling her about cashback. She clicked on it and when it asked for bank details she closed the screen ("couldn't be bothered"). She didn't tell me anything about this.

On checking her account today to buy something she couldn't work out why the balance was £15 down when she hadn't bought anything. Looking at her transactions and one immediately showed up to WLY*COMPLETESAVE. I googled it and at the same time found several emails in her junk folder. When I logged into her 'account' with this company, her bank account card was completed but not the section for where the cashback goes, so they MUST have taken her bank details from the previous transaction, which Santander confirmed happens. She did not know she was signing up for anything. She is now £60 down (£15 pm) - she only gets £21 pm pocket money.

Yes, she was silly for not noticing until now but she is only just 14 and hasn't had her bank account for long.

I immediately emailed, took screen shots of the 'account' details and demanded a refund. I also rang Santander and spoke to their security team. Apparently it's a well known issue and they have blocked this company from her account. They have given me a number to call and tell the company that she has never used their services and she wasn't aware she was signing up for anything.

I hope I can get the money back for her. I am very cross on her behalf. This needs to be highlighted to other people - could Martin raise it on Facebook or something? They must be raking in money.
    • bakerbird
    • By bakerbird 11th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bakerbird
    Further to the above post, I rang the company this morning (0800 389 6960). They agreed to a full refund for her as she's a minor so she's got her £60 back. I've written to her school so maybe they can put out a warning for other pupils.
    • Pinkypoopz
    • By Pinkypoopz 15th Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pinkypoopz
    National Express
    I just found that £15 was taken out of my account. I contacted my bank who gave me the company and number for CompleteSave.
    I was told by CompleteSave that they had got my details from National Express. I had unwillingly signed up due to ticking a box to save money on my next journey with National Express. I had not signed up to the CompleteSave company. After speaking to CompleteSave the very polite lady has cancelled my membership and a refund has been issued.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,938Posts Today

10,623Users online

Martin's Twitter