Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    HtM
    completesave.co.uk
    • 21st Mar 13, 3:15 PM
    completesave.co.uk 21st Mar 13 at 3:15 PM
    Hi

Just wanted to warn people about completesave.co.uk.
    Last February I made a purchase from play.com using my credit card. After completing the purchase, another screen popped up saying something about vouchers with a certain percentage off the next purchase. I did not take much notice and just closed the page. It seems that completesave.co.uk signed me up for monthly voucher, which I never received, charging me 10.00 GBP per months. I should have checked my credit card bills more vigorously!! This has gone on for about a year! If they had actually sent me any vouchers, I would have known and cancelled the subscription!!

I think it is really awful the way they have taken my credit card details and just charged my card. They claim that they get costumers to register with them and it is all clear. However it is really sneaky. I just wanted to share this story with everyone here so that you are more careful especially when using play.com

If anyone knows of a way to get my money back I would be grateful.

thanks
Page 3
    • LauchlanMac
    • By LauchlanMac 17th Jan 17, 3:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LauchlanMac
    Completesaving scam
    I have also been caught out by this. I just noticed that £15 has been taken out of my account by Completesave.co.uk and I had no idea who they were. But doing a quick google search led me to this thread.

After reading all the posts, I do recall filling my details in at the end of a booking I made at trainline.com few weeks ago, to claim what I thought was a "free" £20 voucher towards the next booking.

The fact that I was actually signing up for something with a monthly fee must have been well hidden or in very very small print. Because I'm one of those saddo who do read all the small prints before confirming anything. Therefore I am very surprised and annoyed at myself to have fallen foul of this because I'm usually very careful with this kind of things.

I will have to contact them and the bank in the morning.
    Originally posted by AAB
    This is exactly what happened to me. Quite simply, it looked like an offer from Trainline to give me discount off next rail ticket, no mention of charges or, it was well hidden. Can't believe I also fell for this. Called Tesco bank to cancel direct debit and the guy actually finished the company name before I did. He has had this lots of times and said If I shout loud enough I should get some of the money back. I have emailed trainline, got a response but they don't seem to care and actually tried to defend completesave! . Wont be using trainline again.
    • Bugalter
    • By Bugalter 21st Jan 17, 9:45 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bugalter
    Mislead after using National Express
    Hi,
    I bought tickets to National Express and as the result end up signed up to completesave.
    I gave them a call and didn't press any buttons just waited until they speak to me. I said I just noticed DD from my account to completesave and ask to explain what is it. They asked me some security questions and confirmed I was signed to it through National Express web site, also they told me about cashback you can get when you purchase online.... I said I don't really buy online, just sometimes get tickets. She said then it probably not for you and offered me to cancel the subscription. After cancellation she asked if she can help with anything else? I said yes and ask what's going to happen with money I've paid? She said we will refund it. Total 3 mins conversation. I hope it helps.
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 22nd Jan 17, 12:51 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    Aren't these the same lot that pop up at Papa Johns when you checkout.... and 'The train line'

Sorry, but in my experience it's extremely clear you are signing up to something by inputting your card details AGAIN after you've completed checkout for whatever you were buying.

Anyone that has been 'duped' by them needs to take a lot more care online - if you are as careless with your online banking details you won't get a penny back!!!

IMO they've done nothing wrong, and what the company rep posted still holds true from the box I saw last week......
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/2015
    Cap1 Platinum - Jul 2016, £3,500.... Consolidation game!
    Aqua Reward (0.5% Cashback) - Nov 2016 - £1,950
    Drafty (Reports as a credit card!) - £300
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
    • LauchlanMac
    • By LauchlanMac 23rd Jan 17, 7:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LauchlanMac
    That's the thing though, I didn't put my card details in for a second time!!!
    • AnnieCooper
    • By AnnieCooper 21st Mar 17, 4:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AnnieCooper
    wly*completesave.co.uk refund
    I have always checked my bank statements regularly until March last year when I had a complete change of circumstances, which I won't go into, but suffice to say that checking statements in detail became less of a priority. I have recently noticed £15.00 being deducted form my account from Wly*Completesave.uk I have no recollection of having signed up to anything and it's not something I would do so I cancelled the payment with my bank. I called the company on 0800 389 6960 today and apparently I had signed up to the 'service' when I purchased a washing machine from Argos. I requested a refund and they have said they will refund the last 3 months payments in the next 3-5 working days and will send me a claim form for the other 7 payments. I was very pleasantly surprised by their response and attitude. But I was polite to them and I think people respond accordingly. I'll report back if things don't work out but am hopeful...
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 21st Mar 17, 7:01 PM
    • 2,148 Posts
    • 3,266 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    It's normally at the end of an Argos purchase and says something like.....your purchase has made you eligible for a prize draw.

Glad they are sorting it out for you - true that politeness and manners are the best way to resolve things.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new.
    • shinypenny
    • By shinypenny 28th Mar 17, 12:53 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    shinypenny
    Use 'em then ditch 'em
    I first joined Complete Savings following an online purchase from Argos (a new washing line for £9.99). I read the T&Cs carefully (not many) before signing up. Got my £15 welcome reward from CS plus another £15 monthly bonus. Cheques arrived within weeks. Made an easy £30 because I cancelled my CS membership within the 30 day cooling off period.
    More recently I bought something off eBay for 99p. This time got £16 reward and it's now paid directly into your bank account!
    The T&C state you can't cancel and rejoin within 6 months but it's never been a problem for me - plus I bought a load of Boots, iTunes, B&Q giftcards for 20% off during my free trial month. Just claim your rewards and cancel at the end of the month. Easy!
    • PeterLynas
    • By PeterLynas 29th Apr 17, 11:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PeterLynas
    Getting your money back should be easy. Same happened to me I have just this second found out, in my case it's £15.00/month. My very next call will be to my bank recalling the payments. I've had 3 previous events and on past record my bank Barclays have always refunded me with cleared funds back into my account within 1 hour!! I've used the direct debit guarantee refund twice one of which was £2800+ and my debit card twice, about to be a third time. My concern is how many people don't get their money back and why are these crooks in jail.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 29th Apr 17, 11:13 PM
    • 11,974 Posts
    • 12,115 Thanks
    zx81

why are these crooks in jail.
    Originally posted by PeterLynas
    Committing crimes is the usual reason for people being in jail.
    • Adrian Harvey
    • By Adrian Harvey 13th Jun 17, 10:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Adrian Harvey
    I noticed a charge on friday, and looking at my previous statement saw that that had also been charged, I phoned the automated line and cancelled which was easy enough and then emailed Cust serv to enquire as to how this arose.

I got a reply within a couple of hours(from Mary) informing me that it was registered by my daughter( always check when you give your children your Bank card!!) and that it was taken out in April 2016! However they saw that I had never used the service and Credited me all that I had paid to them(went into my Bank account yesterday), whilst it is annoying to discover this, I need feel the level of customer service I received was exemplary , I would imagine most people sign up by mistake and are guilty of not reading small print or missing emails, from the answers I got from them I would not describe them as scam artists, and hopefully any others with problems will have the same outcome as myself.
    • Mably
    • By Mably 15th Jun 17, 10:21 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mably
    I'm another with a problem with these thieves. Guilty as charged for not noticing them in my bank account earlier (it's not an account I use from month to month). What I'm not guilty of is agreeing to give them my bank details or clicking on anything to agree to them taking £15 a month from my account in order to provide me with savings and vouchers etc which is as much as I can make out of their offers- I wouldn't spend enough even with vouchers to be over the £15 a month they've stolen from my account. I did not give them my details and I did not agree to them removing any money from my account at any time. My bank has been wonderful, I have to say, my account is now secure and their fraud dept is acting for me. I notice the £1 withdrawals people mention, this is a test foray to see if they're challenged, if not, the follow up with a larger amount.
    I see some people have positive things to say about this company.

I can only add to what the majority say. They're thieves they obtain your bank details by deception from reputable sites and subsequently milk it for as long as they can do so unchallenged. You do not need to give them account numbers or tick permissions. Beware.
    • Mably
    • By Mably 15th Jun 17, 10:28 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mably
    Committing crimes is the usual reason for people being in jail.
    Originally posted by zx81

Obtaining my bank details by false pretences and removing money without permission is a crime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

126Posts Today

2,524Users online

Martin's Twitter