Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • peewhyeff
    • By peewhyeff 18th Mar 13, 7:21 PM
    • 488Posts
    • 800Thanks
    peewhyeff
    0 WOW
    Farmfoods, more bargains.
    • 18th Mar 13, 7:21 PM
    0 WOW
    Farmfoods, more bargains. 18th Mar 13 at 7:21 PM
    As well as 2x 1kg bags of sugar for £1.50 ,as previously posted, they are now selling the 1kg tub of Kerrymaid Buttery Spread for £1.00 and tinned chopped plum tomatoes in natural juice 800g price marked 59p OR 2x tins for only 80p. Grab some quick.
Page 26
    • Lugh_Chronain
    • By Lugh_Chronain 14th Sep 16, 10:22 PM
    • 6,744 Posts
    • 15,044 Thanks
    Lugh_Chronain
    Just out of curiosity as people were recently discussing cheddar, what's ASDA's cheese like nowadays? I used to buy their cheese quite some time ago though never really liked it.

Their currently selling British Cheddar 800g for £3 (£3.75/Kg). Offer includes mature, extra mature and mild

https://groceries.asda.com/product/mature-cheese/asda-mature-cheddar/910001792866

https://groceries.asda.com/product/extra-mature-vintage-cheese/asda-extra-mature-cheddar/910001793231

https://groceries.asda.com/product/mild-medium-cheese/asda-mild-cheddar/910001792861
    • CAZBEAR
    • By CAZBEAR 21st Sep 16, 12:58 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    CAZBEAR
    Coupons appeared in the Sun and my local paper yesterday...£2.50 off £25 spend and £5.00 off £50.00 spend!!!! Hurrah !!!
    Best headline ever on local paper??

"Weight loss group doubles in size"
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 21st Sep 16, 10:11 PM
    • 633 Posts
    • 675 Thanks
    treboeth
    Coupons appeared in the Sun and my local paper yesterday...£2.50 off £25 spend and £5.00 off £50.00 spend!!!! Hurrah !!!
    Originally posted by CAZBEAR
    As posted previously

https://www.farmfoods.co.uk/Vouchers.php

print off here, if you don`t have a printer Local libraries charge about 12p per sheet.

No need to but therag
    and cheaper
    • Sparhawke
    • By Sparhawke 22nd Sep 16, 4:19 AM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    Sparhawke
    Same here. Been a supermarket tart most of my adult life, even before it became hip!

Aldi for the basics.

For everything else, where it's the cheapest or where it's the only place I can only get it.
    Originally posted by robin58
    Sainsburys I avoid like the proverbial plague, though in Darwen I have to walk an extra half mile to lidl, what is it with sainsburys??! 50-100% more expensive on virtually every item than anywhere else, give me lidl and also any day of the week.
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
    • Sparhawke
    • By Sparhawke 22nd Sep 16, 4:27 AM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    Sparhawke
    As posted previously

https://www.farmfoods.co.uk/Vouchers.php

print off here, if you don`t have a printer Local libraries charge about 12p per sheet.

No need to but therag
    and cheaper
    Originally posted by treboeth
    If you have a resource centre in your town/city it can be cheaper to print off, in my town it is 5p per sheet
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
    • robin58
    • By robin58 22nd Sep 16, 10:54 PM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 1,111 Thanks
    robin58
    Sainsburys I avoid like the proverbial plague, though in Darwen I have to walk an extra half mile to lidl, what is it with sainsburys??! 50-100% more expensive on virtually every item than anywhere else, give me lidl and also any day of the week.
    Originally posted by Sparhawke
    Be interesting what the prices and lines that will be available in my Sainsburys soon.

Going through a long over due £5 million refit after abandoning a new Mega store.

I always laugh at their tag line 'Live well for less'. Is that because of the higher prices stopping you buying more?

Even Waitrose near me is cheaper on some things and I get a free paper and tea thrown in.
    Doubt they will ever beat Aldi! or Lidl. Thank god I have 2 of each in my town.

I find FarmFoods where I live a bit down market now. Used to be great once. I never seem to get the bargains written on here. Bad to say Poundland is better for the non frozen stuff now.
    Last edited by robin58; 22-09-2016 at 11:08 PM.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,067Posts Today

6,050Users online

Martin's Twitter