Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Advice needed on Compliance Certificate for Freehold property
    • #1
    • 2nd Mar 13, 2:51 PM
    Advice needed on Compliance Certificate for Freehold property 2nd Mar 13 at 2:51 PM
    I am looking at the Ex-MOD houses at Wittering and the EA say that there is a yearly maintence charge for communal areas etc, which is about £200 pa they believe. The management company is Preim and I have found this on their website-

    Property Sales -For freehold
    – property sales we can issue a Compliance Certificate to comply with the restriction at the Land Registry in favour of the management company, and a “B” share in the management company. In order to provide this we require: Deed of Covenant completed and signed by the purchasers and inclusive of the completion date

    Stock Transfer Form completed (Full buyers and sellers names in correct boxes) and signed by the sellers

    The original Share Certificate or a letter (in place of the original share certificate) from the sellers themselves confirming that the share certificate is lost or never received.•

    Service charges and any other debts to the Management Company paid in full

    £120+VAT = £144.00 for our administration fees (Separate to the sellers pack fee)

    Obviously I will be taking advice from a Solicitor if I do proceed, but does anyone have any advice on what this may involve if I buy one of these properties??
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,494Posts Today

6,808Users online

Martin's Twitter