Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    benjus
    Royal Mail Fee2Pay
    • 21st Feb 13, 11:54 AM
    Royal Mail Fee2Pay 21st Feb 13 at 11:54 AM
    Not sure where to post this, so put it here.

My partner was sent a package by her mother, from Canada. Last week a slip came through the door saying that a customs charge was due, for 21.14. She originally planned to pick it up from the local office, but after not getting around to it for several days she decided to pay online.

After going through the payment process, the website came up with a very confusing message. At the top of the page it said something like "Error - this fee has already been paid", while further down the page it gave a payment reference number and confirmation that payment had been received. She did not receive any email.

Checking on her online banking, there is no transaction yet on the statement, but the difference between "Current Balance" and "Available Balance" is 21.14.

She has tried calling Royal Mail, but they cannot trace the payment and basically just shrug their shoulders. Apparently they cannot trade the package using the package tracking number, but they can see that there is nothing scheduled for delivery to her address. They told her that if she wants to go and look for it at the collection office she'd have to take a copy of the confirmation email to prove that she's paid.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any advice? Is it possible to actually speak to someone competent at Royal Mail? Or should she just go to the collection office, pay again, then dispute the original payment with her bank?
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

386Posts Today

3,079Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On my way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week slot inc £4 champagne, Ehic warning, free Yoga, train delay rights & more

• Staggered to hear will Hutton scare mongering over uni fees based on opinion poll on @bbc5live rather than explaining the reality

• RT @boobaaloulabell: In your FACE e.on - i just saved £308 for leaving you!!! Thank you @MoneySavingExp @MartinSLewis

• Follow Martin