Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    retrogamer666
    Financial Help For Blind Person
    • 20th Feb 13, 8:28 PM
    Financial Help For Blind Person 20th Feb 13 at 8:28 PM
    Hi there,

first off i apoligize if i have put this in the wrong section.

i am in desperate need of help and advice.

i am newly registered blind and have been told i will have to wait at the very least 6 months to get a support worker to help me get all the benefits i deserve, as it stands i only receive the lower rate of DLA which is roughly 165 per month ,my wife earns roughly about 800 per month making that an annual pay of around 9600.

We have only been married a year, and i stopped geting income support because my wife works more than 24 hours a week. So as it stands i feel as if she is the only 1 bringing in any money.

I just wondered if there was some other kind of benefit i could get to boost my "income" because i am only getting my DLA this is around 41.00 a week to live off of.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,673Posts Today

6,582Users online

Martin's Twitter