Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dutchism1958
    How to calculate your deferred pension?
    • 15th Feb 13, 3:04 PM
    How to calculate your deferred pension? 15th Feb 13 at 3:04 PM
    Dear All,

Wonder whether anyone has a formula for calculating the value of deferred pensions.I appreciate any calculation will be "rough" because we don't know what level of inflation there will be when I retire in 2023.

I have asked a similar question previously,but at that time i was hopeful of returning to work-unfortunately my wife will not be improving to enable me to do this.

I have my state pension which will generate approx 5800 and possibly 7280 when the new plans come into being for flate rate pensions.I have my 30 years NI contributions.
    I also have 2 deferred final salary pensions(both closed now).

The first pension is valued at 6600 a year.(Final pensionable salary 54,000).The pre 2009 excess pension of 4770 will rise with inflation to a max of 5% pa until my retirment age. The post 2009 excess pension of 1830 will rise at 2.5% a year.

The 2nd pension is valued at 9757 a year,GMP 1026 & Excess over GMP 8730.(Final pensionable salary of 46,000)+ an AVC fund of 13,000.
    At 65 I have 2 options with this pension-either
    1.Estimated main plan pension of 16,500 a year + AVC of 13K or
    2.estimated reduced main pension plan of 12342 + pension commencement lump sum of 69000 + AVC of 13K.

My GMP is revalued at a fixed rate of 4.5% A YEAR(COMPOUND)between my date of leaving in 2003 and my 65th birthday in 2023.
    My excess pension is revalued in line with scheme rules,broadly mirroring inflation up to a maximum of 5% per year.

What would my approximate pensionable value be or how would I calculate it?.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Gary.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,560Posts Today

6,207Users online

Martin's Twitter