Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    learningaboutinsurance
    Go Skippy Car insurance
    • 14th Feb 13, 2:05 PM
    Go Skippy Car insurance 14th Feb 13 at 2:05 PM
    Official MSE Insert:

If you've arrived from Google, our fully researched Car Insurance guide may be helpful.

Back to the original post...

Anyone heard of the above Car insurance company and had any experience with them. its renewal time and they have been the cheapest

a quick Google on them showed the below. but would love to hear peoples thoughts and experience on them

GoSkippy.com is a trading style of Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Commission in Gibraltar. This insurance is administered in the UK on behalf of Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, by Eldon Insurance Services Ltd. Eldon Insurance Services Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Firm reference number 477112.

also added a couple extra's like which my current insurer has not added in the renewal

Included:
    Legal Assistance
    Courtesy Car Personal accident
    Benefits
    !!!8226; Up to £100,000 Legal Expenses Cover
    !!!8226; 90 Day European Cover included in your policy to ensure you remain protected whilst outside the UK
    !!!8226; Up to £150 Personal Belongings Cover
    Last edited by Former MSE Zorica; 07-02-2014 at 1:23 PM.
Page 6
    • msull003
    • By msull003 29th Sep 17, 10:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    msull003
    DON'T Go skippy!!!!!
    Anyone thinking of taking a policy with go skippy due to their exceptionally low prices think again! After being advised on spending more on a reputable company, which I knew should have been the sensible option, I went with the low price option. What I happened to miss was the £70 "Brokers Fee" that gets added to your policy as there is a third party involved.
    No mention of this in the quote but it is in the terms and condition which gets sent just before you confirm payment. (even though it's not shown on the final premium cost!) For anyone paying a deposit/Instalments you should expect the "Brokers Fee" to be withdrawn along with your deposit.
    Surprisingly there's nothing they can do once you've made payment and with the charge of the cancellation and cool off period it's not worth the hassle of cancelling.Small print is a bi*ch
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 30th Sep 17, 1:04 AM
    • 26,599 Posts
    • 10,681 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    What 3rd party? Goskippy

WOW!!!
    Terms say.. Annual policy arrangement charges of up to 50% of the insurer!!!8217;s premium

I see they have a Direct Debit arrangement of £50? Is that to pay installments or to change a DD ?

Why didnt you say no thanks in the first place?

If an insurer want to charge me the 2.5% CC fee i say, that makes you dearer than "company" i may as well use them instead. They have always removed the CC fee.
    Last edited by forgotmyname; 30-09-2017 at 1:08 AM.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Keirdre
    • By Keirdre 14th Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    Keirdre
    Just a quick report on admin fees. I called up to change my address as I'm moving house. They tried to charge me £50 admin fee! I quickly asked about how much of a refund I'd get if I cancelled my policy now, and was put on hold for less than 10 seconds before I was told they could waive the admin fee and the charge would only be £11 instead.

I hate this kind of thing! It's just flagrant money grabbing. You lose all trust in a company when they make up charges and force you to fight and question everythign.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 14th Feb 18, 2:21 PM
    • 5,752 Posts
    • 2,642 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Just a quick report on admin fees. I called up to change my address as I'm moving house. They tried to charge me £50 admin fee! I quickly asked about how much of a refund I'd get if I cancelled my policy now, and was put on hold for less than 10 seconds before I was told they could waive the admin fee and the charge would only be £11 instead.

I hate this kind of thing! It's just flagrant money grabbing. You lose all trust in a company when they make up charges and force you to fight and question everythign.
    Originally posted by Keirdre
    That's how the world of insurance works, they are all shysters. I have to loyalty to any company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,229Posts Today

7,850Users online

Martin's Twitter