Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    learningaboutinsurance
    Go Skippy Car insurance
    • 14th Feb 13, 2:05 PM
    Go Skippy Car insurance 14th Feb 13 at 2:05 PM
    Official MSE Insert:

If you've arrived from Google, our fully researched Car Insurance guide may be helpful.

Back to the original post...

Anyone heard of the above Car insurance company and had any experience with them. its renewal time and they have been the cheapest

a quick Google on them showed the below. but would love to hear peoples thoughts and experience on them

GoSkippy.com is a trading style of Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Commission in Gibraltar. This insurance is administered in the UK on behalf of Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, by Eldon Insurance Services Ltd. Eldon Insurance Services Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Firm reference number 477112.

also added a couple extra's like which my current insurer has not added in the renewal

Included:
    Legal Assistance
    Courtesy Car Personal accident
    Benefits
    • Up to £100,000 Legal Expenses Cover
    • 90 Day European Cover included in your policy to ensure you remain protected whilst outside the UK
    • Up to £150 Personal Belongings Cover
    Last edited by Former MSE Zorica; 07-02-2014 at 1:23 PM.
Page 5
  • MarieGoSkippyHell
    this is a board with information about the Directors of GoSkippy and complaints

dontgoskippy.com

dontgoskippy dot com
    • splitinfinity
    • By splitinfinity 11th Aug 15, 10:10 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    splitinfinity
    http://dontgoskippy.com/ right on point
    They truly are bottom feeders. They'll entice customers in by showing them the cheapest quotes on the market. Ask for a little change or a cancellation, and they'll make their monies worth with hidden fees and disgusting tactics.
    • Tragen
    • By Tragen 4th Apr 16, 2:06 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Tragen
    Does anyone know how early they take payment for auto renewal? My policy runs till middle of may, but today I had an ominous text from them saying "thanks for choosing goskippy, we have some fantastic rates on our home insurance ..."

I also had a missed call from a bolton number 01204 232 022 5 mins prior. The number is constantly engaged.

By choosing, I hope they are not referring to auto renewal!
    Last edited by Tragen; 04-04-2016 at 2:08 PM.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 4th Apr 16, 4:48 PM
    • 5,244 Posts
    • 2,436 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Just renewed my car insurance the last week. Got quotes off the usual compare sites, GoSkippy and their other bottom feeding pals, A-Choice, where some of the cheapest quotes. Needless to say I skipped past them.
    Lee's No More Takeaways Club No.1
    • Drivermum
    • By Drivermum 16th Oct 16, 10:47 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Drivermum
    Go Skippy cancelled my policy for no reason after a month. I had sent scans of all requested documents to them in an email but they denied receiving them!!
    • rudekid48
    • By rudekid48 16th Oct 16, 12:36 PM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 3,283 Thanks
    rudekid48
    Go Skippy cancelled my policy for no reason after a month. I had sent scans of all requested documents to them in an email but they denied receiving them!!
    Originally posted by Drivermum
    So there was a reason then.....
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,408Posts Today

7,012Users online

Martin's Twitter