Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 33
    • Rowan2510
    • By Rowan2510 6th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rowan2510
    Their response is:

"Finnair flight AY0090 on the 10th of January 2017 delayed on arrival to Helsinki for 1 hour and 28 minutes. The fuel tank 1 main pump showed an indication fault on departure from Helsinki. The defected part was replaced. The aircraft manufacturer is now investigating the part.

In this case no standard compensation will be paid."
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 6th Oct 17, 3:50 PM
    • 768 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    legal magpie
    This is the connecting flight issue which, I believe is going through the courts. Current thinking is that if you book both flights on one ticket with the same airline it is the total delay that counts.
    There is a link here
    https://www.flightright.co.uk/your-rights/connecting-flights
    Last edited by legal magpie; 06-10-2017 at 3:53 PM.
    • Rowan2510
    • By Rowan2510 6th Oct 17, 4:21 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rowan2510
    Finnair Flight Delay Compensation
    Thanks for the information.

Yes the flights were all booked on one ticket and this is what i believe that it is the total delay once you reach your final destination which was 5 1/2 hours in total.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 6th Oct 17, 5:07 PM
    • 1,183 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Their response is:

"Finnair flight AY0090 on the 10th of January 2017 delayed on arrival to Helsinki for 1 hour and 28 minutes. The fuel tank 1 main pump showed an indication fault on departure from Helsinki. The defected part was replaced. The aircraft manufacturer is now investigating the part.

In this case no standard compensation will be paid."
    Originally posted by Rowan2510
    They can dress it up any way they like, but it's still not an EC. Parts wearing out or breaking before expected is an inherent part of running an airline. It happens regularly.

For it to be an EC the maker of the part must establish that a fault or weakness was mistakenly built into those parts, resulting in an urgent part recall. This would normally require the grounding of all aircraft with those parts already fitted or an urgent replacement program. This would be very unusual and only happens occasionally. For example, the batteries on the Boeing 787.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • tonydata
    • By tonydata 10th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonydata
    Enter Air 455 - ENT455 - Gatwick > Heraklion
    Hi all,

Got heavily delayed on this flight at the end of August (29th) scheduled for 10am take off, left at 16.45pm! I've done my research, written my letter, included copies of boarding passes and calculations for compensation etc... The issue was technical, they had to fly a whole new plane over from Poland! Overall it was a horrible experience, two kids in tow, up at 5am, arrived at hotel at midnight, instead of about 16.00pm, totally impacted the following day or two... absolute pants!

The company only deals with compensation via letter, won't even respond to me via email to even acknowledge receipt of my letter, just keep sending generic "Compensation" standard response.

They say they take complaints seriously and respond within 28 days, it's been longer than that now since I sent them the complaint, I've not not heard anything.

Any advice on next steps? Anyone also going through the same process? I was thinking I may resend the letter again before progressing through the normal process...

Thought I'd document my experience here for anyone else having similar issues.

Any thoughts greatly received
    • Karenmaybin
    • By Karenmaybin 11th Oct 17, 2:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Karenmaybin
    SATA Azores Airlines
    I've submitted a claim using the template and have had an automated response to the effect it may take some time to review claim but no timeframe is given.
    In the template letter it said 14 days so I've emailed again now with their reference number asking for a time frame. What is a reasonable period for them to review my claim?
    If they reject it can I take the matter to the CAA.
    We were delayed 15 hours Lisbon to Toronto.
    Thanks.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 11th Oct 17, 3:28 PM
    • 3,343 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    JPears
    If they have not had they decency to give a time frame then you keep to yours. Their reply is a generic in the hope you will forget/go away.
    Send another letter stating it is an NBA which allows you to escalate to a small claims in court, probably via ESCP.
    CAA pointless as not a UK airline and not leaving the UK.
    SATA possibly, but unlikely, signed up to an ADR?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tinks19700
    • By Tinks19700 20th Oct 17, 3:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tinks19700
    Ent456
    Hi I was also on this flight , with my daughter son and his friend , we had no joy contacting enter air , have now put in for compensation with flight delays.co.uk , hopefully we will get a result with them , after the 7 hour delay , apparently it was a technical fault , on flight delay also saw ent455 from London had claimed , as this would of been our flight home , good luck all
    • Mr Nibz
    • By Mr Nibz 24th Oct 17, 1:52 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mr Nibz
    Enter Air 455 delay
    Ah, first sight of others having experienced the delays to the Enter Air flights. The wife and I were on 455 out of Gatwick to Heraklion which was delayed well over 6 hours. I contacted Enter Air and was advised that all claims have to be submitted in writing and addressed to their Warsaw head office. I used the MSE template and sent the letter off on 9th Sept. This morning I have a reply from Enter Air. They explain the flight was delayed due to "unexpected technical problem which caused a threat to the safety of passengers". They go on to explain their obligations under 261/2004 and then state that because Enter Air provided passengers with assistance under Article 9 (1) (a) and 9 (2) [this refers to the provision of food vouchers I think] they are proposing the following.
    Enter Air proposes compensation of £150 per person on completion of a signed copy of a compromise and non-disclosure agreement!!
    I'm not sure but I think this is a thinly veiled attempt by them to mitigate their costs of compensation as the actual value should be €400 each.

Should I accept this (now) or go back to insist on the full amount and have to wait another 6 weeks for a reply?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 24th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    • 3,343 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    JPears
    Your suspicions are almost certainly correct.
    They would offer nothing if they knew they had no liability.
    They do so press forward.

• mcragg0607
    • By mcragg0607 25th Oct 17, 10:35 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mcragg0607
    Just wondering did any of you get a response from Enter Air? They told me they needed the complaint in the form of a letter which I did and now 4 weeks have passed no response I used Martin Lewis template to claim the money back. I have now tried emailing the company to see if we are any closer and still got no response.
    • Mr Nibz
    • By Mr Nibz 25th Oct 17, 12:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mr Nibz
    Enter Air 455 delay
    Hi Mcragg0607, yes I did get a reply from Enter Air, see post from me (Mr Nibz) above. The reply took a full 6 weeks from the date I posted my letter to them! I am minded to reject their proposal and insist on the full €400 per person, will be interesting to see what you get back though, to see if the same as I had.
    • mcragg0607
    • By mcragg0607 25th Oct 17, 12:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mcragg0607
    thank you and yes shall keep you posted!
    • Mr Nibz
    • By Mr Nibz 2nd Nov 17, 10:33 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mr Nibz
    Just in case you've missed it, the thread titled "Olympic Holidays - Crete ENT456" has a post from myself relating to the outbound flight from Gatwick. I've had a reply from EnterAir (took over 4 weeks) offering £150 per person if I sign a "Compromise" agreement!! I'm sure this is a tactic used to reduce their costs as some will take it rather than bide their time and hold out for the correct amount of compensation. I'm going to send my reply later today, I'm not going to take their offer of reduced compensation.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 2nd Nov 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3,343 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    JPears
    It is a tactic.
    You should press home.
    You should also write/make a complaint to the CAA about the airlines disregard for the law. And let enterair know you've made the complaint.

• tonydata
    • By tonydata 2nd Nov 17, 11:35 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonydata
    Thanks @MrNibz

I have resent my letter to them (recorded delivery this time) as they never responded to my first one, I emailed them a few times to get some sort of recognition I had complained/had they received my letter and they just kept sending me the standard response by email... "you need to send complaints by letter..." - I think they responded this way to every email I sent, at least 8/9 times...

I will make sure I refuse any offer and push on with the complaint, I am claiming for 4 passengers at maximum compensation.

I am going to send the CAA information this week too.

I'll keep an eye on the other thread

Matt
    • tonydata
    • By tonydata 2nd Nov 17, 11:39 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonydata
    Just wondering did any of you get a response from Enter Air? They told me they needed the complaint in the form of a letter which I did and now 4 weeks have passed no response I used Martin Lewis template to claim the money back. I have now tried emailing the company to see if we are any closer and still got no response.
    Originally posted by mcragg0607
    They ignored my first letter too so I have sent a second and will be off to the CAA this week as well...
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Nov 17, 5:51 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Don't waste your time the CAA are useless.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Nov 17, 5:53 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Don't waste your time the CAA is as useless as a chocolate teapot.
    • tonydata
    • By tonydata 3rd Nov 17, 12:20 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonydata
    Received same response...
    Hi Mcragg0607, yes I did get a reply from Enter Air, see post from me (Mr Nibz) above. The reply took a full 6 weeks from the date I posted my letter to them! I am minded to reject their proposal and insist on the full €400 per person, will be interesting to see what you get back though, to see if the same as I had.
    Originally posted by Mr Nibz
    Got my letter today too, exactly the same... I will also refuse their offer... there were four of us so this is significantly below their obligation - extreme technical difficulties need to be proved, and I believe quite often have to be solely down to a manufacturing fault... I don't think they have a leg to stand on really, hence the £150 offer...

Anyone reading/watching this thread have any advice on what to write back? I've drafted something which I'll share at some point if it will help others, but I'd like to see if someone more in the know has any advice.

One thing I'm wondering is if I should hand to CAA to carry forward now? My next steps involve requesting proof of the issue with the plane etc, should I carry this forward myself? Or now it's been offered, and they have given a reason, should I hand it over? I have put in a online complaint to the CAA but am yet to hear...

I really think we should push this as best we can, the more people involved, the better
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,902Posts Today

8,612Users online

Martin's Twitter