Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Options

Comments

• David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    beti1984 wrote: »
    his there anything else i can do to get my compensation or do I just have to keep on harassing CS.

Read the FAQs and take legal action, if the facts support a claim, either by yourself or use a no win no fee firm. Sending them repeat letters will achieve nothing.

Please don't start new threads. If there are unaswered questions after you have read the FAQs - or poster Vauban's excellent thread on the whole legal position - please post on teh relevant existing thread.
  • YDK84
    YDK84 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Sounds like you will need to take them to court, and you will need to provide proof that you were there at the desk within their stipulated timeframe.

As an aside, you clearly left it far too late to check in. Any number of small incidents could have caused you a delay. Common sense argues for getting there with more time than you gave it.

Thanks for the condescending reply but you're not my dad so yeah :money:

whiteblack3, I've not replied to them yet following the last reply from them, was hoping for some actual advice before proceeding if anyone can help.
  • loveka
    loveka Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello again. This is a reposting of this query. Just wondered if anyone had had any success with Greek strike related claims?

I would just like to know a bit about others experience before launching legal proceedings. Thanks.
  • David_e
    Options
    loveka wrote: »
    Hello again. This is a reposting of this query. Just wondered if anyone had had any success with Greek strike related claims?

I would just like to know a bit about others experience before launching legal proceedings. Thanks.

richardw advised you to start proceedings. What other people may or may not have achieved is likely to be of very limited help - if any.

If you don't want to bring a claim yourself, speak to a no win no fee firm.
  • loveka
    loveka Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My thinking was that there may have been some precedent set from around this time, when thousands of people were impacted. I have looked in the internet and can't find a single thing about it, not even anyone having lodged a claim!

I am not a great compensation seeker, but we actually lost 2 full days of our holiday due to missing connections etc, Then it rained without cease for the 5 days we did have! Shame there's no compensation for that!

On the way back we sat on the plane at Heathrow for over an hour while armed police arrested an air rage man. We had had another 5 hour delay and I think the guy was tired and emotional from his time stuck at Heraklion airport. But I digress.
  • David_e
    Options
    My thinking was that there may have been some precedent set from around this time, when thousands of people were impacted. I have looked in the internet and can't find a single thing about it, not even anyone having lodged a claim!

As all cases are likely to be subtlely different, it's unlikely a precedent would apply. As it happens, there has been no binding precedent in relation to your issue - at least, no one I have seen reported on this forum or anywhere else.
    I am not a great compensation seeker, but we actually lost 2 full days of our holiday due to missing connections etc, Then it rained without cease for the 5 days we did have! Shame there's no compensation for that!

You don't need to apologise for seeking the compensation due to you. All the resources you need are on this forum if you want to make the claim yourself.
  • sorrento1
    Options
    Hi,
    Need some guidance as to whether I can claim for a delayed Emirates flight from Manchester (1 hour +) A380 flight to Dubai 21/7/14 resulting in a missed connection to the Seychelles - arriving a full 25 hours late for our 10 night holiday?!
    Emirates put us in an airport hotel with meal vouchers for the delay, however I wrote to them asking for compensation for the lost day +night of our holiday & they have offered 20.000 skywards airmiles each, this was a special anniversary & birthday holiday & we don't travel long haul that frequently so unhappy they haven't attempted to compensate us properly!
    Is there any recompense for our experience as our holiday insurer says they don't cover for arrival delays either?
  • David_e
    Options
    sorrento1 wrote: »
    Is there any recompense for our experience as our holiday insurer says they don't cover for arrival delays either?

Please read the FAQs where all the information you require is set out in detail.

If you don't fancy that, speak to a no win no fee firm who will do the work for you.

Please post any unanswered questions on the approproate thread.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    David_e wrote: »
    Please read the FAQs where all the information you require is set out in detail.

If you don't fancy that, speak to a no win no fee firm who will do the work for you.

Please post any unanswered questions on the approproate thread.

It also needs to be taken into consideration that it's a non-EU airline, and neither flight both originates and terminates in the EU.

There is nothing in EU law that can be done here, and travel insurance will be the only option.

We had problems in August 2008 getting back to London, due to an outbreak of war; it was left to our insurance company to get us back via Istanbul, rather than the planned route via Moscow.
    💙💛 💔
  • David_e
    edited 27 August 2014 at 1:02PM
    Options
    CKhalvashi wrote: »
    It also needs to be taken into consideration that it's a non-EU airline, and neither flight both originates and terminates in the EU.

I'm not an expert on connection delay matters but the OP said "a delayed Emirates flight from Manchester". I thought I had seen similar posts wher compensation was potentially in point.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback