Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 30
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 13th Feb 17, 10:10 AM
    • 3,552 Posts
    • 1,436 Thanks
    111KAB
    Eurowings owe you €250 - how you decide to pursue them is up to you - Vauban's Guide is your friend - DIY or NWNF
    • frosty12345
    • By frosty12345 13th Feb 17, 10:34 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    frosty12345
    Thanks for the clarification. I just didn't want to turn down a €50 voucher if that was as good as it gets. I'll respond and raise the complaint via resolver.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Feb 17, 10:36 AM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    JPears
    In summary, burst tyre is probably not an EC but inherent in running of the ariline. Wether it is a rare occurance or not is irrelevant.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • ASR060165
    • By ASR060165 13th Feb 17, 11:08 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ASR060165
    Monarch Flight ZB 517 from 5/7/14
    hi

have received the following reply from Monarch in regards to my claim for delayed flight

opinions please......

thanks
    ===============================
    Our records show that the aircraft operating your flight suffered an Air Traffic Control (ATC) delay. ATC imposed restrictions on all flights arriving and departing in Barcelona due severe thunderstorms which had caused damaged to radar equipment. Therefore, and despite our best efforts, this did lead to the unavoidable delay to the departure of your flight.
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 13th Feb 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3,552 Posts
    • 1,436 Thanks
    111KAB
    ASR060165 - post should be on dedicated Monarch thread - read Vauban's Guide - links on VG to flightstats so that you can check other flights / Monarch truth.
    • frosty12345
    • By frosty12345 13th Feb 17, 3:08 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    frosty12345
    Hi. I declined the eurowings €50 voucher and got the reply below.

"We regret that we cannot meet your expectations regarding financial compensation this time.

Should you wish to use Alternative Dispute Resolution, please be advised that SÖP, Schlichtungsstelle für den öffentlichen Personenverkehr e.V. (https://soep-online.de/welcome.html) is competent to deal with your complaint and provide an independent review. Eurowings/Germanwings is prepared to submit to an ADR procedure operated by SÖP.

Should you wish to use the European commission’s online dispute resolution platform to submit your complaint, this can be done by completing the electronic form available via this link: http://ec.europa.eu/odr"

I will wait until Resolver allows me to escalate the complaint.
    • DomTre
    • By DomTre 5th Mar 17, 6:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DomTre
    Iberia compensation
    So I put in a complaint with Iberia to get compensation for a 12 hour delay and they sent a standard "we're very sorry but you're not getting any money" reply. I sent all correspondence to the Spanish regulator who found I have a case and contacted Iberia on my behalf. Iberia have now sent me an email saying that they are willing to pay up. They've asked me for power of attorney as well as my bank details - is this normal? If it is normal, how do I go about getting power of attorney? (All information I've read for the UK says about lasting power of attorney which I don't think I want). Many thanks! (I did searches of the forum and couldn't find any info but sorry if this has already been answered all the same!)
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 5th Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    • 3,552 Posts
    • 1,436 Thanks
    111KAB
    DomTre - did you apply for someone else in addition to your own claim?
    • DomTre
    • By DomTre 5th Mar 17, 8:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DomTre
    No, I'm the only passenger.
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 6th Mar 17, 5:23 AM
    • 3,552 Posts
    • 1,436 Thanks
    111KAB
    Electronic bank transfer is one of the accepted methods of payment (so bank details will be required) however Power of Attorney has nothing to do with your claim - insofar as I understand.
    • Just1n
    • By Just1n 20th Mar 17, 1:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just1n
    SAS flight SK542 11/9/16
    My flight to Copenhaegan was delayed over 2 hours due to a refueling truck mechanical failure on our air craft.

Initially they claimed it was ATC delay but have now admitted it was due to the refueling truck. They are however still claiming that it was outside their control.

Would a delay by their contractors resulting in a delay be considered an exceptional circumstance?
    Would this be worth raising to ARN?

Best regards
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    JPears
    My flight to Copenhaegan was delayed over 2 hours due to a refueling truck mechanical failure on our air craft.

Initially they claimed it was ATC delay but have now admitted it was due to the refueling truck. They are however still claiming that it was outside their control.

Would a delay by their contractors resulting in a delay be considered an exceptional circumstance?
    Would this be worth raising to ARN?

Best regards
    Originally posted by Just1n
    Probably not an EC.
    Scuse ignorance - what is ARN?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Just1n
    • By Just1n 20th Mar 17, 2:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just1n
    It's the independent(?) consumer disputes that SAS have digned into.

www .arn.se/other-languages/english-what-is-arn/
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 20th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 2,779 Posts
    • 1,390 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    In any event, the arrival must be more than 3 hours late to make a claim which may not have been the case here.
    • redjamie
    • By redjamie 27th Mar 17, 2:55 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    redjamie
    hi all
    who can we contact regarding a Jet2 flight in 2011
    where can i find all the details i would need to do this
    thanks in advance
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 27th Mar 17, 3:39 PM
    • 10,237 Posts
    • 6,692 Thanks
    Caz3121
    hi all
    who can we contact regarding a Jet2 flight in 2011
    where can i find all the details i would need to do this
    thanks in advance
    Originally posted by redjamie
    with my Jet2 claim they asked for boarding passes / booking reference. Do you still have these?
    Do you know that your flight was delayed more than 3 hours and what the reason was or is that what you are trying to find out?
    If you have the flight number and date you could try checking on the NWNF sites to see whether they believe there is a claim (although they are unlikely to handle it as I assume you are close to the 6 year deadline)
    Have a search for "Vauban's Guide" you may need to send £10 to Jet2 as a SAR to see what details they hold

You also need to consider how long you have to commence court proceedings (6 years from date of flight) If you are close to that then Jet2 may mess you about until you are out of time. (if you are past that you may as well forget it)

Jet2 thread is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384707&highlight=jet2
    Last edited by Caz3121; 27-03-2017 at 3:41 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,563Posts Today

7,677Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @jaihy: @MartinSLewis thank you! Like so many, I hadn't claimed ppi. During the last series I filled in the form...£2,700 cheque in the?

• Check if you're owed, totally free tool to help here... https://t.co/2Oto4B86tq https://t.co/vOpsYU6b3g

• Today's twitter poll: If they made a rule to standardise chips in the UK - which of these four (I only get 4 options) would u want it to be?

• Follow Martin