Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 36
    • JPears
    • By JPears 30th Nov 17, 2:51 PM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    google.
    were not allowed to put links in sigs - a silly MSE rule!
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Faldinio
    • By Faldinio 1st Dec 17, 3:39 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Faldinio
    Qatar compensation
    I had similar fobbing off from Qatar for a delay MAN to DOH missing connection to Male and had to stay overnight in Doha. Eventually wrote to CAA who upheld my complaint and a week later Qatar u-turned and offered full compensation. Definitely write to the CAA.
    • Carol B
    • By Carol B 1st Dec 17, 2:54 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carol B
    I have this same issue with Virgin. I bought a through ticket from Manchester to Miami in January but the 1 stop was in Atlanta ( Delta codeshare with Virgin) we were delayed 7 and a half hours in Atlanta and told that we weren’t entitled to compensation because our delay was in the USA-and by Delta so the EU law didn’t apply. I argued with them that I had a through ticket bought in the UK and I had no control over who Virgin shared with but I had bought a Ticket from them, not Delta . Both air.ines blamed each other and insisted I was not entitled to anything. However since Emirates lost this case I don’t know whether to resurrect this,claim and go via the CAA. Any advice anyone please ?
    • Carol B
    • By Carol B 1st Dec 17, 2:57 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carol B
    Does anyone have any details of the Case that Emirates have just lost in the court of appeal please ?
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 1st Dec 17, 3:16 PM
    • 1,177 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Does anyone have any details of the Case that Emirates have just lost in the court of appeal please ?
    Originally posted by Carol B
    http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2017/1530.html

Not seen anything about any further appeal result yet.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 1st Dec 17, 3:49 PM
    • 10,864 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I have this same issue with Virgin. I bought a through ticket from Manchester to Miami in January but the 1 stop was in Atlanta ( Delta codeshare with Virgin) we were delayed 7 and a half hours in Atlanta and told that we werenít entitled to compensation because our delay was in the USA-and by Delta so the EU law didnít apply. I argued with them that I had a through ticket bought in the UK and I had no control over who Virgin shared with but I had bought a Ticket from them, not Delta . Both air.ines blamed each other and insisted I was not entitled to anything. However since Emirates lost this case I donít know whether to resurrect this,claim and go via the CAA. Any advice anyone please ?
    Originally posted by Carol B
    The Emirates cases deal with delays on the first flight causing a missed connection where Emirates were only counting the time of the delay until Dubai.
    Your post is not clear whether you were delayed arriving in Atlanta, how late you were and more importantly what the reason for that delay was. I you arrived on time in Atlanta and it was the Delta flight that was delayed only then I doubt the Emirates case will help
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

115Posts Today

3,451Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin