Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 34
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 16th May 17, 3:30 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Personally, wouldn't bother with the CAA toothless tigers. I would google download and read Vaubans guide then send a Letter before action (explained in the guide) to them giving them 14 days to pay or it's off to the small claims court.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 16th May 17, 4:30 PM
    • 2,776 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    JPears
    Like he said. Court action can be the only way to stop them messing you around.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Eponym
    • By Eponym 17th May 17, 4:13 PM
    • 300 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    Eponym
    Thank you both. I will look up the guide.
    • Faldinio
    • By Faldinio 18th May 17, 6:01 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Faldinio
    How long do they have to pay?
    Following CAA intervention, Qatar Airways said they'd pay 600EUR for me and my gf. They requested our bank details in a subsequent mail.

It's been nearly a month and no payment. Is there a rule on how long I should wait? What do people suggest I do next?

Thanks.
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 18th May 17, 6:14 AM
    • 3,579 Posts
    • 1,455 Thanks
    111KAB
    Faldinio - exactly what you would do in any other situation when someone owes you 1,000. Remind them strongly and give them 7 days to pay .... if no payment write saying you will take them to court after 14 days have elapsed (NBA) ...... if no payment after 14 days complete money claim on-line and await court date although I doubt you will ever need to go to court. Remember to keep copies of everything and remember to add any court costs to demands/settlements if incurred.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

23Posts Today

3,377Users online

Martin's Twitter