Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 33
    • buffer2212
    • By buffer2212 17th Jun 17, 12:05 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    buffer2212
    Losing the will to fight!
    I have had numerous posts on here since June 2015 and lots of people have said I have a claim.In fact one lady had exactly the same situation and got compensation. I used all the example letters on this site and followed all the proper procedure. I have read the whole Regulations and case law and I am confident I have a case. I have never heard of Botts but I will look it up.

Thank you
    Originally posted by buffer2212
    Well to continue with my saga, my solicitor has been sending emails to United Airlines since my last post. They came back in January to offer $100 each travel voucher. We refused, since UA have now pulled out of N. Ireland. My solicitor then emailed them back refusing this offer and advising them we are about to take legal action. Since then they have not replied, despite the solicitor having sent 2 more emails. I have been to see the solicitor and asked him why he needs to email them Instead of just proceeding with court action? He says it's impossible to take court action, as they don't have a UK Base!
    Is this true? Has anyone in the past had a successful claim against United and if so can anyone give me an address please.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 17th Jun 17, 5:16 AM
    • 4,606 Posts
    • 2,039 Thanks
    Vauban
    Have you read Lyndac40's posts in this thread - about #50 onwards? It's perfectly possible to sue United - there's even an address in Lyndac40's thread.

Why are you using your solicitor to chase United? Is this not costing you money each time s/he sends a letter to the airline?
    • buffer2212
    • By buffer2212 17th Jun 17, 7:28 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    buffer2212
    Have you read Lyndac40's posts in this thread - about #50 onwards? It's perfectly possible to sue United - there's even an address in Lyndac40's thread.

Why are you using your solicitor to chase United? Is this not costing you money each time s/he sends a letter to the airline?
    Originally posted by Vauban
    I have tried already myself and they are refusing to pay out, so I went to the solicitor to proceed to court
    I will fins the address, thank you.
    • lyndac40
    • By lyndac40 17th Jun 17, 9:46 PM
    • 459 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    lyndac40
    Hi Buffer, This is the address i used to send the court papers to United.
    United Airlines
    United House Building 451, Southern Perimeter Road, London Heathrow Airport
    Hounslow
    TW6 3LP
    Telephone: 0845-844 4777

Dont give up

Lynda xxx
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 25th Jun 17, 1:45 PM
    • 1,715 Posts
    • 960 Thanks
    Ian011
    United Airlines ... Telephone: 0845-844 4777
    Originally posted by lyndac40
    This transaction is covered by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which were published by BIS on 13 December 2013 and came into force on 13 June 2014.

Regulation 41 bans the use of premium rate numbers starting 084, 087 or 09 for after-sales enquiries and issues.

In cases of non-compliance, Regulation 41(2) gives callers the right to a refund of call costs incurred over and above whatever an equivalent call to an 01, 02 or 03 number would have cost that caller.

Finally, promotion of a premium rate number starting 084, 087, 09 or 118 must be accompanied by a declaration of the call costs alongside. This regulation was published by Ofcom on 12 December 2013 and came into force on 1 July 2015.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

1,276Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin