Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Bowsyboy
    Deceased spouse's claim on deceased husband's shares
    • 9th Feb 13, 2:57 PM
    Deceased spouse's claim on deceased husband's shares 9th Feb 13 at 2:57 PM
    I am dealing with an aunt's probate as I am her executor.

Her husband died seven years before she did and I have discovered in her paperwork that there are shares still in her dead husband's name.
    It is apparent that she had it in mind to transfer these in to her name as there are half completed application forms, but unfortunately they were never sent off.

I have contacted the share company who have requested sight of the grant of representation, which I don't have. The probate office say that there was never an application for probate made when her husband died.

Legally, is the estate of a deceased entitled to make claim on what would have been her entitlement whilst she was alive?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

321Posts Today

1,450Users online

Martin's Twitter