Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9 (Page 2)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9
Views: 198,635
# 21
dmp2013
Old 09-02-2013, 12:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thank you again Jubilee14, I will see what happens over the next few weeks, but if problems still occur I will send formal letters, I think I saw Time to Face the Music's template on page 246ish, looked great! Ah ok so they can charge interest at the end then? As most of ours are showing 0% interest on statement- how can u tell if they may do that? HBOS- are HSBC are they? (Sorry for all the probably 'silly' questions). I have loan, overdraft and credit card with HSBC, which is a shame because as I have previously moaned they have been rubbish to deal with. Good for you getting refund for phonecalls x
DMP started Jan 2013.
Due to end 2018.
Happy to be sorting out our debt
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmp2013 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 22
fermi
Old 09-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Hi everyone.

I've started the new Part 9 thread, but moved the last page or two of the previous thread over to this one, so that it's easier for people to keep up and reply to recent posts on this thread. (hope that makes sense).

Anyway, good luck with the DMPs and keep supporting each other so well.
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fermi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 23
Mossop01
Old 09-02-2013, 1:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi all, well the letters have started to come in thick and fast! Barclaycard are saying they have had correspondance from me but not stepchange, bit worried about that one, until they hear from them with a plan then interest and charges are frozen, however just got my statement snd interest and charges have been added?! Left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing i presume? Still hate the postman coming, knew the calm before the storm was too good to be true. Just wish we could skip a few months ahead when things are mote settled. Good luck everyone!
LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 dmp started March 2013 DFD Jan 2021
Nov 2013- 27,124 going in the right direction!!
Onwards n upwards!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mossop01 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 24
NaughtySpot
Old 09-02-2013, 1:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Subscribing

Onwards and upwards!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NaughtySpot For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 25
Hopelessly Hopeful
Old 09-02-2013, 1:18 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermi View Post
Hi everyone.

I've started the new Part 9 thread, but moved the last page or two of the previous thread over to this one, so that it's easier for people to keep up and reply to recent posts on this thread. (hope that makes sense).

Anyway, good luck with the DMPs and keep supporting each other so well.

Thanks Fermi, much appreciated

HHx
Started DMP 1st June 2010. DFD aim end of July 2014. 48 months down, 3 months left 96.09% of DMP paid. DMP mutual support thread # 381, Paddle # 27.

Proud to be dealing with my debt
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hopelessly Hopeful For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 26
Hopelessly Hopeful
Old 09-02-2013, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossop01 View Post
Hi all, well the letters have started to come in thick and fast! Barclaycard are saying they have had correspondance from me but not stepchange, bit worried about that one, until they hear from them with a plan then interest and charges are frozen, however just got my statement snd interest and charges have been added?! Left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing i presume? Still hate the postman coming, knew the calm before the storm was too good to be true. Just wish we could skip a few months ahead when things are mote settled. Good luck everyone!

Keep strong. It really does settle, just keep a good log of everything and try to do contact in writing so if you do have cause to look back or complain the information is clear and usable.

HHx
Started DMP 1st June 2010. DFD aim end of July 2014. 48 months down, 3 months left 96.09% of DMP paid. DMP mutual support thread # 381, Paddle # 27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopelessly Hopeful For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 27
Hopelessly Hopeful
Old 09-02-2013, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtySpot View Post
Subscribing

Onwards and upwards!
Welcome t the thread.

Interesting user name! Mrs TTFTM has been known to be sent to sit on the naughty step.

HHx

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopelessly Hopeful For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 28
Hopelessly Hopeful
Old 09-02-2013, 1:33 PM

I had Hellifax statement and no extra interest applied since small DMP reduction so static at 14.9%. Not ideal, could be worse, could be at M&S level.

Always look on the bright side of life, lalalalala!

HHx

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hopelessly Hopeful For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 29
RonniesMummy
Old 09-02-2013, 2:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hello All,
Currently ebaying, free to list this weekend if anyone is interested in selling stuff to help with the DFD!

I have a load of books that are brand new, do you think I can find them? Nope!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

x
DFD 1st January 2016
Total Debt 4600 01/01/2013
4100 15/11/2013
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RonniesMummy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 30
patator
Old 09-02-2013, 3:00 PM
MoneySaving Convert

*subscribed*

I just had my first letter today - MBNA accepting the offer from StepChange and agreeing to freeze my interest. Oh, MBNA, I do love you (for the first time in a couple of years). Now, if everybody else would just do the same...

My DFD is 6 years and 4 months (beginning from 1st March 2013)...I'm selling the contents of my house to try to bring that down faster. Still hanging on to that 450 I have set aside to pay off a priority debt, as I'm applying to an energy trust to see if they'll help out. If they can do some and I can clear the rest, fast, it'd mean I can start paying more to creditors MUCH sooner than anticipated. Fingers crossed! I want to start dragging that DFD towards me like Bruce Almighty with the moon . I'll be taking advantage of the free listings on eBay this weekend, that's for sure.

In other news, I've been for the meeting to discuss my vocation (went very well) and I've found that there should be plenty of time in the interim to go back into good ol' paid employment. Dropped off an application for the PERFECT job yesterday. Closing date is Wednesday...more crossed fingers would be appreciated!

Hope you're all having good, happy and relaxed days!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patator For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 31
dmb
Old 09-02-2013, 3:16 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the max allowances are for basic stuff like petrol etc that Stepchange use. I know food is 340 (I think) Are these standard or does it depend on income.

Enjoy the weekend folks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 32
Alice in Welfareland
Old 09-02-2013, 4:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the max allowances are for basic stuff like petrol etc that Stepchange use. I know food is 340 (I think) Are these standard or does it depend on income.

Enjoy the weekend folks
For how many people? All depends on number in the family and not the income.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice in Welfareland For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 33
Mossop01
Old 09-02-2013, 4:55 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi patator, mbna were my first to respond last week too freezing interest, i was over the moon, had a few more less positive letters from others this week, but its early days. Fingers crossed with the job application!
Onwards n upwards!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mossop01 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 34
Mossop01
Old 09-02-2013, 4:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi dmp, our food allowance for 2 adults and 2 children is 280 a month if that helps, but i dont know actual limits
Onwards n upwards!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mossop01 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 35
Mossop01
Old 09-02-2013, 4:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Sorry misread ur name -dmb! Got dmp on the brain!!!
Onwards n upwards!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mossop01 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 36
NaughtySpot
Old 09-02-2013, 5:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb View Post
Hi everyone,

Enjoy the weekend folks
If you do their debt tool on the website I think this automatically puts in their recommended amounts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NaughtySpot For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 37
NaughtySpot
Old 09-02-2013, 5:20 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelessly Hopeful View Post
Welcome t the thread.

Interesting user name! Mrs TTFTM has been known to be sent to sit on the naughty step.

HHx
Does she sit on the naughty spot though?
# 38
Hopelessly Hopeful
Old 09-02-2013, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtySpot View Post
Does she sit on the naughty spot though?

I wouldn't dare comment, I think we thought we may be in danger of getting thrown off when the thread was turning into a book review of the 50 shades of grey era. I wouldn't want to stir all that up again would I?!

HHx

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hopelessly Hopeful For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 39
Hopelessly Hopeful
Old 09-02-2013, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossop01 View Post
Sorry misread ur name -dmb! Got dmp on the brain!!!
That will soon swap to become DFD I can assure you. Still you will be in good company until then.

HHx

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hopelessly Hopeful For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 40
Hopelessly Hopeful
Old 09-02-2013, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patator View Post
*subscribed*

I just had my first letter today - MBNA accepting the offer from StepChange and agreeing to freeze my interest. Oh, MBNA, I do love you (for the first time in a couple of years). Now, if everybody else would just do the same...

My DFD is 6 years and 4 months (beginning from 1st March 2013)...I'm selling the contents of my house to try to bring that down faster. Still hanging on to that 450 I have set aside to pay off a priority debt, as I'm applying to an energy trust to see if they'll help out. If they can do some and I can clear the rest, fast, it'd mean I can start paying more to creditors MUCH sooner than anticipated. Fingers crossed! I want to start dragging that DFD towards me like Bruce Almighty with the moon . I'll be taking advantage of the free listings on eBay this weekend, that's for sure.

In other news, I've been for the meeting to discuss my vocation (went very well) and I've found that there should be plenty of time in the interim to go back into good ol' paid employment. Dropped off an application for the PERFECT job yesterday. Closing date is Wednesday...more crossed fingers would be appreciated!

Hope you're all having good, happy and relaxed days!
Welcome.

Most of us start like that but DMPs wanting DFD as early as possible at any costs but DMPs have to be sustainable. Good way to think about it is a marathan rather than a sprint. Someone used to say they can have my money but not my life etc.

Fingers crossed on the job front for you.

HHx

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hopelessly Hopeful For This Useful Post: Show me >>