This Board Is For Help Not Judgement

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Money Saving Expert
Dear MoneySavers....

This is a difficult board - many think bankruptcy too easy - and I dare say in some cases it is. Yet others have been through hell, seen family and home torn apart, and its a welcome and deserved release.

I didn't set up MSE to be personally judgemental, but to help people whatever their circumstances. If you have problems with the Bankruptcy laws then the 'Discussion Time' forum is the appropriate place.

This is to help people who are bankrupt rehabilitate their finances - and I personally wish them all the best - whatever their circumstances.

Many people who have gone bankrupt, have had serious debts, have hidden them for a time, been scared to confront them, suffered depression or have even had suicidal thoughts because of them.

So may I caution MoneySavers to err on the side of kindness. The fact bankrupts are here means they're looking for help, guidance and to take charge of their finances - and that in itself is admirable

Please use your knowledge and kindness to help rather than to berate.

If you feel it’s important to point something out that the poster may find negative but needs to understand, then it's not a problem, but do think carefully about your phrasing - people can be very sensitive and nuances may mislead when it’s in an online Forum.

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport