Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeaLea89
    • By LeaLea89 5th Feb 13, 12:43 PM
    • 338Posts
    • 1,862Thanks
    LeaLea89
    0 WOW
    Wilkinsons Reductions thread
    • 5th Feb 13, 12:43 PM
    0 WOW
    Wilkinsons Reductions thread 5th Feb 13 at 12:43 PM
    Hi all, haven't seen this anywhere else and don't think it belongs in the Christmas one so here goes!

Just been to my local store and they have 2 trollies full of discounted items, plenty of each including:

Dog misfit biscuits 69p various different ones
    Lucozade 1L both original and Orange 50p!!!
    Ribena small bottles 39p
    Ambipur 3volution £3.99 - including the plug in and a freshener
    Single ambi pur plug ins £2.00
    Small red pan - £2.99
    Curtain tie backs £1.50 - single tie back with beads
    Small pink photo frames £1.00
    Regina Kitchen Roll - didnt see the price as someone was just taking the last 3!

needless to say i stocked up on the bits we go through in my house

Don't know if its nationwide or local but worth trying

HTH someone
    Last edited by LeaLea89; 05-02-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: added extra
    SPC6 #116 £652.75
    SPC7 #116 £674.50
    SPC8 #116 £1010
Page 28
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 13th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    • 4,039 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    My local is still only on half price, however I was pleased with the items I picked up. Got some copper slug stop tape for £1.25 and some green sticks for 25p. Everything in the gardening section appeared to be half price, from tools, chemicals, gloves, pots, seeds, BBQs and so on.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,602.53
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,240
    • seasideDreamer
    • By seasideDreamer 13th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    • 1,357 Posts
    • 10,329 Thanks
    seasideDreamer
    I think the sticks are normally £1 so it was 75% off. Ours was still all marked half price but everything went through at 75% off.
    Debt free and busy treating myself

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
    • mrsinvisible
    • By mrsinvisible 14th Sep 17, 10:35 AM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 12,581 Thanks
    mrsinvisible
    thanks for the info. got all my next year seeds and weedkiller at 25% of the original price.
    • Apple-shaped
    • By Apple-shaped 14th Sep 17, 12:00 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    Apple-shaped
    Kingsize throws reduced from £16 to £10. 200x240. Have bought some for the winter they are huge and super soft ☺☺
    http://www.wilko.com/bedspreads+throws/wilko-waffle-throw-mink-200-x-240cm/invt/0417738
    • BargainGalore
    • By BargainGalore 14th Sep 17, 1:31 PM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 2,738 Thanks
    BargainGalore
    Picked up some roundup weedkiller gel tough, £3 normally around £7-£8. They had some limited fence paint ducksback for £3 as well only 2 colours unfortunately not colours I use. 4 Regina toliet rolls 95p
    • lily117
    • By lily117 14th Sep 17, 8:14 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 635 Thanks
    lily117
    In the camping section they had BBQ firelighters 25p, stocked up for the winter. Safety matches same price. Dutch hoe for £1.50 and all Wilko seeds 75% off/
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 14th Sep 17, 9:05 PM
    • 4,039 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    I think the sticks are normally £1 so it was 75% off. Ours was still all marked half price but everything went through at 75% off.
    Originally posted by seasideDreamer
    Nope, it was definitely 50% off in my store. Green sticks were shelf marked at 50p a pack and the slug tape £2.50, so I got 50% off. It's alright for things you need though. It is nice when they sell it all off for 10p though, that's what I got last year and the year before.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,602.53
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,240
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 14th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    • 5,597 Posts
    • 7,031 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    Anyone else heard these rumours they are going down ?
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
    • char18
    • By char18 14th Sep 17, 10:56 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 846 Thanks
    char18
    http://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/thousands-jobs-wilko-risk-after-332434
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 15th Sep 17, 7:34 AM
    • 1,761 Posts
    • 6,387 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Oh, I hope not. It's one of my favourite stores and the only decent size one in my local shopping centre. I always think of it as a replacement for the sadly missed Woolworths. We have to use our local stores more.
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 15th Sep 17, 8:54 AM
    • 29,779 Posts
    • 17,805 Thanks
    getmore4less
    Nope, it was definitely 50% off in my store. Green sticks were shelf marked at 50p a pack and the slug tape £2.50, so I got 50% off. It's alright for things you need though. It is nice when they sell it all off for 10p though, that's what I got last year and the year before.
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    Sometime the SEL are not marked with clearance/reduced they are just a white SEL with the reduced prices(say 50%) then you get the extra reductions from that.

They have something at the bottom of the SEL that is the give away.

edit: not on layout

got some twine in a tin 90p next shelf along they had the new stock(different barcode) £4.
    Last edited by getmore4less; 16-09-2017 at 8:07 AM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 17th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 23,209 Posts
    • 48,447 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I got some great bargains today in the clearance aisle:

- packets of sunflower seeds probably annuals for between 10-25p (the 75-80% discount only became apparent at the till).
    - other seeds for 35p, labelled suitable for KS2. I bought pumpkin and nasturnium
    - a 10m hose and reel, reduced to £4
    - a 2-way hose tap for 75p
    - a single hose tap for 25p
    - a twin pack of ant bait traps for 60p
    - 20m rolls of steel wire (intended for the garden, but I'll use it for crafting) for 40p each.

My little niece has really enjoyed growing and tending to the sunflowers and tomatoes this year. Next year I predict a sea of sunflowers, nasturnium and pumpkins for Halloween. She'll sow them with me after her 3rd birthday in March, and then it will be her responsibility to keep them watered with her own hose
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,201Posts Today

7,255Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin