Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeaLea89
    • By LeaLea89 5th Feb 13, 12:43 PM
    • 354Posts
    • 1,852Thanks
    LeaLea89
    0 WOW
    Wilkinsons Reductions thread
    • 5th Feb 13, 12:43 PM
    0 WOW
    Wilkinsons Reductions thread 5th Feb 13 at 12:43 PM
    Hi all, haven't seen this anywhere else and don't think it belongs in the Christmas one so here goes!

Just been to my local store and they have 2 trollies full of discounted items, plenty of each including:

Dog misfit biscuits 69p various different ones
    Lucozade 1L both original and Orange 50p!!!
    Ribena small bottles 39p
    Ambipur 3volution £3.99 - including the plug in and a freshener
    Single ambi pur plug ins £2.00
    Small red pan - £2.99
    Curtain tie backs £1.50 - single tie back with beads
    Small pink photo frames £1.00
    Regina Kitchen Roll - didnt see the price as someone was just taking the last 3!

needless to say i stocked up on the bits we go through in my house

Don't know if its nationwide or local but worth trying

HTH someone
    Last edited by LeaLea89; 05-02-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: added extra
    SPC6 #116 £652.75
    SPC7 #116 £674.50
    SPC8 #116 £1010
Page 25
    • seasideDreamer
    • By seasideDreamer 5th Sep 16, 9:27 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 9,909 Thanks
    seasideDreamer
    My store has had this for a week or so now too
    Debt free and busy treating myself

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 5th Sep 16, 9:59 PM
    • 6,943 Posts
    • 109,560 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    My dd picked up a canister set ,sugar,tea,coffee,biscuits and a breadbin for 2.50 todayx
    • kippers
    • By kippers 6th Sep 16, 12:43 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 5,775 Thanks
    kippers
    Hi I nipped into my local Wilkinsons this morning and noticed that along side the 50p seeds they had Wilko Timber care fence paint - 5 litre tins for £2.50.....bargain!....this will be used to paint our shed
    • London_Girl
    • By London_Girl 6th Sep 16, 9:35 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 583 Thanks
    London_Girl
    My local said they're not reducing the seeds off anymore to 10p...1p this year, as they'll be putting it all out again in a few months time.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 7th Sep 16, 12:04 AM
    • 3,867 Posts
    • 8,000 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Seeds are 50p a pack on Wilko own brand only, everything else is still £1. There's no point them reducing them much, since they have such long dates that some of them are good until 2019!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £30,329.29
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1608.50
    • mrsinvisible
    • By mrsinvisible 16th Sep 16, 11:15 AM
    • 1,155 Posts
    • 11,804 Thanks
    mrsinvisible
    the seeds are 10p pack now for wilko brands, others 50p. lots of gardening stuff at 25p 50p 75p fill your boots!
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 16th Sep 16, 11:39 AM
    • 2,493 Posts
    • 3,295 Thanks
    Nick_C
    I bought Wilko's own brand decking oil yesterday. £5 instead of £9. And it's very good. I ran out last year and used Cuprinol to finish - twice the price and not as good.
    • lily117
    • By lily117 16th Sep 16, 11:44 AM
    • 488 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    lily117
    Some toys reduced in Swansea branch. I had a Crayola Play 'n' fold art studio for £6. Some teddies, backpacks, Transformers, bubbles, windmills all reduced.
    • lucywillow
    • By lucywillow 15th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    lucywillow
    1p reductions
    managed to get some bargains today
    . Wilko City Slate 2.5l garden paint 1p (normally £7.50)
    30 m heavy duty garden wire 1p ( normally 90p)
    Rose clear treatment 1p (normally £7.50)
    Bronze metal jug 20p
    Rose food 50p
    Lots of ant killer, weed killer & plant food all 20-50p each but I didn't buy them as I didn't need these.
    • manila
    • By manila 16th Oct 16, 10:35 AM
    • 860 Posts
    • 4,051 Thanks
    manila
    I usually buy John Frieda colour foam.
    The other day i picked some 2 different colours (6N and 6 something).
    One of them was going through the till as £5 and the other one- £1.25!
    Happy me
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 16th Oct 16, 3:12 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    managed to get some bargains today
    . Wilko City Slate 2.5l garden paint 1p (normally £7.50)
    30 m heavy duty garden wire 1p ( normally 90p)
    Rose clear treatment 1p (normally £7.50)
    Bronze metal jug 20p
    Rose food 50p
    Lots of ant killer, weed killer & plant food all 20-50p each but I didn't buy them as I didn't need these.
    Originally posted by lucywillow

Lucky you getting stuff for 1p. I was buying some party stuff (prize ribbons for kids) and they came up as 1p. The cashier wouldn't sell them for to me as she said that means they have been discontinued and they should have taken them off the shelves.
    • lucywillow
    • By lucywillow 16th Oct 16, 4:46 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    lucywillow
    Re the 1p bargains, I've also experienced it in the past when they have refused to sell it for that price. It varies from store to store although I find this time of year when they have Xmas temporary staff they just tend to sell it for whatever it scans for.
    hope others find some bargains too.
    • Payless
    • By Payless 16th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 8,391 Thanks
    Payless
    I usually buy John Frieda colour foam.
    The other day i picked some 2 different colours (6N and 6 something).
    One of them was going through the till as £5 and the other one- £1.25!
    Happy me
    Originally posted by manila
    Mine went through at £5 but the price on the shelf said £1.25 so cashier sold me it for the cheaper price. She said they were being discontinued
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 16th Oct 16, 9:53 PM
    • 3,867 Posts
    • 8,000 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Lucky you getting stuff for 1p. I was buying some party stuff (prize ribbons for kids) and they came up as 1p. The cashier wouldn't sell them for to me as she said that means they have been discontinued and they should have taken them off the shelves.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    I understood that the law states that a shop HAS to sell the item to you at the advertised price. I've had items for free when I've stated that to them and there's been a problem re: scanning.

Loads of hair accessories reduced in a big bin today, Whiskas cat food sachets and Felix chicken cat food sachets. Saw the John Freda colour mousses too. Some kind of sponge washing up type cloths in a 3 pack. Tonnes of other stuff too, but store was near closing and items weren't for me. Sorry didn't have time to check prices.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £30,329.29
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1608.50
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 17th Oct 16, 1:28 PM
    • 10,630 Posts
    • 10,211 Thanks
    Chris25
    I understood that the law states that a shop HAS to sell the item to you at the advertised price.

Originally posted by Wizzbang
    I don't think that's the case. I think that if something has a price tag on it, the store isn't under any obligation to sell it, however frustrating it can be for the customer.

Also, If something has been mis-priced I think you have to prove that store did that deliberately to get people interested.

I don't know why some of these shops use that method of pricing down to 1p - there must be another way of highlighting that this stock has to be taken off the shelves.
    • Tealblue
    • By Tealblue 17th Oct 16, 5:42 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 821 Thanks
    Tealblue
    I understood that the law states that a shop HAS to sell the item to you at the advertised price.
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    No; not in a self-service store. The goods on display are an 'invitation to treat', rather than an 'offer for sale'. As the shopper, you are the one offering to buy - and it is up to the shop to decide whether or not to accept your offer.
    • caroc
    • By caroc 20th Oct 16, 10:15 AM
    • 888 Posts
    • 3,074 Thanks
    caroc
    Thanks Tipsters.
    In my store were:
    Fence varnish dark oak 50p - that will do for the side we can't see !
    other colours £2. So I bought a total of 2 of each for £5.
    All seeds 10p
    rigger gloves 10p
    large green plastic wine glasses 10p
    indoor white ceramic pot 50p
    plastic drinking jars with handles 50p
    various large rolls of wire/sets of green plastic rods etc £2
    Kneelers-thick 2 inch pads with a pretty cover and handle, too good for the garden so I plan to use indoors or could be used for seat pads etc £1
    Other plastic pots, tying wire, etc 10p
    Alcohol free since 4/1/15.
    "Not drinking at a party is like having a hangover in reverse. You feel really miserable the night before and really good the next morning "
    • andymandy
    • By andymandy 23rd Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 995 Thanks
    andymandy
    I saw a box marked all seeds 10p but when I took some to the counter they were only half price. The assistant said it was because they were not own branded seed although they were all in the same box. I hate it when they advertise like this as you feel a fool when you go to counter to pay and other customers can hear what is being said.
    • Denpercy1
    • By Denpercy1 24th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Denpercy1
    Fantastic I love Wilkinsons
    • lucywillow
    • By lucywillow 1st Nov 16, 4:30 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    lucywillow
    Halloween 75% sale
    All Halloween goods 75% off in my local store today
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

812Posts Today

5,797Users online

Martin's Twitter