Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Benr83
    • By Benr83 31st Jan 13, 2:33 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Benr83
    Fully remove Experian account (credit expert)
    • 31st Jan 13, 2:33 PM
    Fully remove Experian account (credit expert) 31st Jan 13 at 2:33 PM
    Hi, my first post

Does anyone know if it's possible to fully remove my membership details from the credit expert website. By this I don't mean wipe my credit history (that's not possible, i know!) But remove the fact that I can still log on to the website. I'm guessing you'll understand I'm trying to set up a new account to get a free 30-day trial, is this possible?

Cheers!
Page 1
  • Willing2Learn
    • 31st Jan 13, 2:48 PM
    • 31st Jan 13, 2:48 PM
    Phone CreditExpert and ask them
    0844 481 0800
    0115 935 6662
    0800 5610083

Or Phone Experian at their head office
    0115 941 0888

Edit: I'm pretty sure you can ever have one free trial (they'll know you who are when they do a new id check). It's only 2 for a statutory report and has all the same data.
    Last edited by Willing2Learn; 31-01-2013 at 2:51 PM.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Benr83
    • By Benr83 31st Jan 13, 2:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Benr83
    • 31st Jan 13, 2:52 PM
    • 31st Jan 13, 2:52 PM
    Sorry, I should of said I had phoned them already. Just I wasn't sure if they were 'bs'ing me or it just isn't possible.
    • InsideInsurance
    • By InsideInsurance 31st Jan 13, 2:55 PM
    • 22,236 Posts
    • 11,387 Thanks
    InsideInsurance
    • 31st Jan 13, 2:55 PM
    • 31st Jan 13, 2:55 PM
    The fact you have benefited from a free trial is not just logged on the website and no, you cannot clear it.

What is more productive is to ask how long before you can benefit from a second trial. As far as I am aware the answer is never from Experian but Equifax do allow you more than 1 free trial with a certain period between them
  • CrazyLatvian
    • 31st Jan 13, 9:16 PM
    • 31st Jan 13, 9:16 PM
    InsideInsurance, you are right, I got my second chance after 2 years (Experian), but I do not have any idea what is the minimum time between two demo's.
    • RichL74
    • By RichL74 1st Feb 13, 8:19 AM
    • 751 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    RichL74
    • 1st Feb 13, 8:19 AM
    • 1st Feb 13, 8:19 AM
    Cant you just pay 2 and get your report that way?
  • blitzboy
    • 1st Feb 13, 10:35 AM
    • 1st Feb 13, 10:35 AM
    Cant you just pay 2 and get your report that way?
    Originally posted by RichL74

Yes he could, but 0 is better than 2 so it was worth asking the question. This is a money saving site after all...
  • barbarajon
    • 1st Feb 13, 10:43 AM
    • 1st Feb 13, 10:43 AM
    I’m sure that its not just the website login shows that you have taken the benefit of the free trail. There are more evidence that will prevent you from getting another free trail.
    • stclair
    • By stclair 1st Feb 13, 11:22 AM
    • 6,240 Posts
    • 3,344 Thanks
    stclair
    • 1st Feb 13, 11:22 AM
    • 1st Feb 13, 11:22 AM
    Do you have a fee paying RBS or Natwest account at all?

You can get your experian credit report for free via the benefits available.
    I Work For the RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • sfax
    Do you have a fee paying RBS or Natwest account at all?

You can get your experian credit report for free via the benefits available.
    Originally posted by stclair
    Also included with Smile subscription accounts: unlimited credit reports and alerts for changes
  • shonzyd
    it is possible. Because i have had x2 30day trials. not sure what the time period is but i signed up in 2010 got a free trial. Then signed up again 2012 and got another free trial with exact same details. So its not impossible.
  • sfax
    it is possible. Because i have had x2 30day trials. not sure what the time period is but i signed up in 2010 got a free trial. Then signed up again 2012 and got another free trial with exact same details. So its not impossible.
    Originally posted by shonzyd
    Contrary to this I first signed up about 8 years ago and got a free trial, cancelled after about a year and they wouldn't allow me a "new customer" free trial when I tried it on recently
  • shonzyd
    hmmm i wonder how i did it then. as soon as the free trial was up i cancelled, so didnt have a subscription as such. Have u tried using a diff email account?
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 2nd Feb 13, 3:08 PM
    • 22,082 Posts
    • 8,690 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    It wouldnt let me have another free trial even though i last did one over 6 years ago.

So looks like you can only have one free trial. Unless their terms change.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • woodbine
    • By woodbine 2nd Feb 13, 9:33 PM
    • 18,345 Posts
    • 24,709 Thanks
    woodbine
    why are people still getting so excited about CRAs?what they supply isnt worth zilch,or the hassle of a free trail...........
  • sfax
    "isn't worth zilch" is a nonsense but if you mean the information they supply isn't worth anything then I disagree. It can cost you a lot of money if a CRA holds inaccurate information about you and as a result you can't shift a high interest balance. Paying 4 in advance of a new credit application is a no-brainer and worth every penny
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

1,134Users online

Martin's Twitter