Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
    • HappyMJ
    • By HappyMJ 28th Jan 13, 5:03 PM
    • 16,909 Posts
    • 13,816 Thanks
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:03 PM
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:03 PM
    I have several packs of Tosco Soup and Broth Mix - sealed but OOD by a long while....March 2011.

Id be loathed to chuck them, any harm using them up or anything I should look out for?

Thank you
    Originally posted by barksavingmad

Use them up. It's just a best before date. It doesn't mean anything.
  • barksavingmad
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:07 PM
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:07 PM
    Spot on. Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out and answer me. I'll put it in the slow cooker now with some ham. Thank you again!
    DS 17 years DD 16 years DS 5 years
    Busy working mum spinning plates!
    With an Itch to Glitch
    Proud to be part of MSE life!
    Grocery Challenge

• Popperwell
    • By Popperwell 28th Jan 13, 5:21 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 48,352 Thanks
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:21 PM
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:21 PM
    I'm using a lot of food near/past their dates otherwise a lot would be thrown out which I cannot afford and often you have to buy more than you need especially if living on a limited budget and on your own.

Most food is fine and if stored/cooked properly it is fine...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 28th Jan 13, 6:32 PM
    • 33,168 Posts
    • 446,801 Thanks
    • 28th Jan 13, 6:32 PM
    • 28th Jan 13, 6:32 PM
    lol.. that is new compared to mine.. it was on offer so I bought lots, them remembered why I don't buy it lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    20/11/2015 £60020.41 (5.45% int.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

428Posts Today

2,913Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • While I oft bemoan Xmas being a retail festival. It's strange today many are bitter that shops are REDUCING prices, usually its the opposite

• And leave people held hostage to high Xmas prices? Our tradition was Xmas discounts spread in Nov/Dec not on one day

• John Lewis website is down - its price matching black friday deals. Maybe its a good day to buy cheap extra servers?

• Follow Martin