Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:38 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Ovo Energy Reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:38 PM
    Ovo Energy Reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 4:38 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Ovo

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 1:07 PM.
Page 26
    • victor2
    • By victor2 7th Oct 17, 3:11 PM
    • 4,703 Posts
    • 3,137 Thanks
    victor2
    Had to phone OVO today (7/10/17) as not heard anything about switch over to them since I set things in motion in the middle of September. Apparently it somehow got 'stuck'. Having spoken to them they have set up an account and I received email confirming this straight away. However they have set me up on is a different unit price to that quoted on MSE Energy site which is not as good as the deal I transferred on but have promised to honour the Tariffs I was quoted on the MSE Energy site. I should have transferred to OVO at or around the time my present energy deal was due to end on 3rd October, however, this has now left me with paying British Gas standard rate for the next 3 weeks when I should have transferred to OVO at or around the time my present energy deal with British Gas was due to end i.e. 3rd October - not happy about that. Anybody else experiencing this sort of problem?:
    Originally posted by sambrookeluned
    BG should adjust your final bill to effectively charge you on the fixed tariff you are on, even though you went past the end of contract date. They are required to do so if they receive notice you are transferring away within 20 days after the contract end date.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 7th Oct 17, 3:26 PM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 1,463 Thanks
    footyguy
    Had to phone OVO today (7/10/17) as not heard anything about switch over to them since I set things in motion in the middle of September. Apparently it somehow got 'stuck'. Having spoken to them they have set up an account and I received email confirming this straight away. However they have set me up on is a different unit price to that quoted on MSE Energy site which is not as good as the deal I transferred on but have promised to honour the Tariffs I was quoted on the MSE Energy site. I should have transferred to OVO at or around the time my present energy deal was due to end on 3rd October, however, this has now left me with paying British Gas standard rate for the next 3 weeks when I should have transferred to OVO at or around the time my present energy deal with British Gas was due to end i.e. 3rd October - not happy about that. Anybody else experiencing this sort of problem?:
    Originally posted by sambrookeluned
    Don't worry, be happy!

Hopefully no one else has experienced this sort of problem, because according to BG terms (7.2) as long as the new supplier tells BG within 20 working days (about a month) of the end of your previous price agreement with them, then no change in price should occur (providing Ovo then actually switch you in a reasonable timeframe)
    https://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/gas-and-electricity/our-energy-tariffs/standard/terms.html#content7

If Ovo have now got the ball rolling again, and your last agreement with BG ended 03-Oct-2017, then I see no reason for either BG not being notified (if not already done) within the 20 working days permitted, nor for OVO to not switch you in a reasonable time.

So if Ovo do now act appropriately, and BG do charge you increased prices as you say, here is the BG complaints procedure
    https://www.britishgas.co.uk/complaints.html

In the unlikley event that Ovo continue to cause unreasonable delays, here is their complaints procedure
    https://www.ovoenergy.com/binaries/content/assets/documents/help/complaints/complaints-procedure-copy_march.pdf
    Last edited by footyguy; 07-10-2017 at 3:29 PM.
    • buzzard
    • By buzzard 9th Oct 17, 9:19 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 3,017 Thanks
    buzzard
    After I left Ovo - because of its poor customer service - they sent me requests for meter readings, then bills for energy used after I left, then a threatening letter. The Energy Ombudsman has now ordered them to pay compensation for that.

As a bonus I am now paying less than I would have been paying with Ovo. No need to pay over the odds for your energy AND get rubbish service with it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

1,294Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin