Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:26 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:26 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power 28th Jan 13 at 4:26 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Scottish Power

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren!!!8217;t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Page 30
    • By 2010 7th Mar 18, 3:44 PM
    • 4,183 Posts
    • 3,334 Thanks
    I`ve renewed my contract with SP until the end of April next year.

I`ve always been happy with SP and they have the best billing system of all the suppliers I`ve been with over the years.

You put your readings in and get an instant update and the complete bill is visible as a PFD next day.
    • gcdona
    • By gcdona 7th Mar 18, 5:13 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Online system is very good and accessible but beyond that I've found their customer service to be nothing short of terrible. I have worked customer service previously so I always try to be forgiving to call handlers as it is not an easy job. However, it has literally been every occasion I've called SP the issue has been heightened because of their failure to keep promises and general lack of empathy. I might just have been unlucky with the people I have called through to but I certainly found Scottish Hydro to be a much better company to deal with on the phones.
    • tjfs
    • By tjfs 9th Mar 18, 4:35 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Scottish Power
    I see that MSE users give ScottishPower a reasonable rating but other sites such as TrustPilot don't. I wonder if this is because this thread goes back five years?

I have recent experience of ScottishPower and their customer service is remarkably poor, particularly if you switch to their PowerUp tariff.

In 2016 OFGEM said ScottishPower had failed to provide even the basic level of service required, attracting more than one million customer complaints between June 2013 and December 2015.

I'd suggest giving them a miss until they sort themselves out.

• The Green Hornet
    • By The Green Hornet 9th Mar 18, 8:01 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 603 Thanks
    The Green Hornet
    I've been with Scottish Power for my electricity since August 2016 and I haven't had any problems with them, and I would rate their web site as one of the better ones I've used for meter readings / billing.

For me the best customer service I can receive is not having to contact customer service.
    6 x Sharp 220 W panels. 1.32 kWp. SMA Sunny Boy 1200 inverter. South facing 30 degree pitch roof with no shading. Eco-eye SmartPV monitor + energyhive.
    • Elaine44
    • By Elaine44 14th Mar 18, 5:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Incorrect Payment Method re. Super Saver April 19
    I have just instigated a switch to Scottish Power on their Super Saver April 2019 v2 tariff as I wanted to pay Quarterly Cash or Cheque - my MSE account is set to show these tariffs.

However I have received a letter from Scottish Power stating Online by Debit Card payment method. Their website doesn't mention Cash or Cheque payments, everything but. I haven't been able to get through on the phone, so have emailed Scottish Power for clarification. Will update here with any news,

Can anyone at MSE check and confirm what is going on here?
    • In Cider
    • By In Cider 14th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    In Cider
    Just a quick thought but is that tariff just an online only type tariff, if it is then cheque and cash payments would be classed as offline payments.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,857Posts Today

5,466Users online

Martin's Twitter