Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Comments

• I cancelled my DD when they took £96 from my account the day before my fuels switched over. I started switching 12th July. I pushed for my account to be finalised and today they say My £300 credit will be another 2 weeks which will be nearly 3 months since I initiated the change. Their bills are impossible to follow.
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I totally agree with you Polar Bill.........they are disgraceful, its impossible to get a straight answer out of them. I cancelled mine 2 weeks before the changeover as I was in credit and KNEW they would pocket my money. They can send me a bill IF I owe them anything
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • Would never, ever, ever use Scottish Power. They tried to switch me after I made it clear I didn't want to switch over the phone with them - this was around 2 years ago - I got the grand sum of £7 compensation for all the hassle involved (even the ombudsman remarked on their lack of apology and the 'brusque manner' of the manager).
  • saver861
    saver861 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    ChilliKwok wrote: »
    A word of advice when switching away from Scottish Power : When you receive notification from your new supplier that the transfer is complete you should cancel your Scottish Power direct debit immediately via your bank. Scottish power continued taking payments from my account until I noticed and stopped it via my bank. Scottish Power now say they will take at least a month to investigate the issue and sometime after that I may receive a refund.

To be fair this is standard advice for all Direct Debits. The advice is always to cancel your existing DD with your bank when moving suppliers, changing bank accounts, ceasing a service, whether it is Energy, TV, Mobile Phones etc etc.

Never rely on the organisation to cancel a DD at their end!!
  • Whatever could go wrong went wrong. They ignored my transfer request,never ever replied,not to telephone calls,not to emails.Long last I managed to transfer both gas an electricity to a new supplier and thought that was end of the matter.But no,they suddenly woke up and without telling me about it transferred back my account from my new supplier to them a month after I managed (or so I thought) get rid of Scottish Power.The way I learned about this account grabbing was from a "sorry to see you leaving us" letter from my new supplier.Apology?Explanation? You must be joking.All they did was sending me a bill,with figures which has nothing to do with reality and with maths that made their primary school teacher cry:paid in £413,used £0,so I owe them £413.

There is no amount of money saving that would make me go back to them.
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 25 September 2014 at 12:09PM
    Logged in to SP to give my monthly meter readings, and saw they had my elec previous read as this month's date. Also it was a estimate, and i had already had a bill with my customer readings. So phoned up and lo and behold it was answered within 2 min's and my meter readings were entered by a nice man and the bill was on my account, with the right bill amount before my very eyes. The bill will be ready to see in 3 day's. HAVE TO SAY WELL DONE. Long may it last.
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Yes the last 2 phone calls I made were answered almost immediately.Plus my request for a partial refund was given without argument and the monthly amount rounded up to a more memorable figure. Perhaps they are finally getting on top of things.I have had a few niggles in the past,but nothing major and I got the warm home discount last year with no problems, so have applied again.
  • Switching from SP to COOP after using the MSE energy club alerts and comparison

HOWEVER I used the annual consumption figures from my SP bills, but SP advise they have my annual consumption as different figures !! and low and behold as soon as I update the energy club annual consumption (to the figures SP provided on the phone) the supplier I'm switching to is only a few quid savings DAMN as other suppliers are better due to the standing daily charge.

Why would SP quote differing figures to their bills?

Why doesn't the energy club take into account daily standing charges as part of the your current supplier details ?
  • I switched to Scottish Power on 28th August and have yet to be able to see my account progress online. They received my final meter readings to switch from EON and these then mysteriously disappeared from the screen and were replaced by different amounts which were much higher, leading to my being charged £100 by EON for 3 months gas usage, which is highly unlikely to be correct as I only use a gas hob and oven once a day.
    The email response to queries is a joke - I have repeatedly asked them to find out why my meter readings have not been accepted and so far have been told how to submit readings online and then told that they have already answered the query by telling me that I resolve not being able to submit meter readings by submitting a meter reading!
    I get a different answer each time I ring up to ask what's happening so that I can find out what my bill is going to be, but none of the answers have so far included dealing with the actual problem. My cashback has not made it to my account, despite an email telling me it has been paid. I have been saddled with a closing meter read that is considerably higher than the meter read today, a whole month later...
    I am feeling very anxious and down about the whole thing, especially since I have been put on hold and cut off several times now while trying to get some sort of resolution to the issue.

Really really disappointed with both EON and Scottish Power as neither companies staff seem to have any idea whats going on there!
  • The cheap energy club does take into account daily charges. You can work out your usage from your bills so long as you have put in regular meter readings. This will give the cheap energy club the correct information for comparing tariffs. I didn't have any problem getting my £30 paid into my bank account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback