Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:26 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:26 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power 28th Jan 13 at 4:26 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Scottish Power

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Page 29
    • than
    • By than 30th May 17, 9:23 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    than
    I've had nothing short of abysmal customer service from Scottish Power and cannot recommend enough to try ANY other supplier before going near them. I understand everyone has a different experience, but for me, sadly despite whatever prices they may offer (I'm not sure if they are good or bad) customer service for me is key and their complete disregard for me and so many others, from reading these threads, means I cannot give them any more than 0 out of 10.
    • Rosrj1
    • By Rosrj1 2nd Jun 17, 11:06 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rosrj1
    we entered our online meter readings on 28th May and we were £1 in credit, paid our DD on 29th May which mad us £110 in credit .. it is our review so we asked for the refund and they told us we are not in credit. I have discovered that my account updates instantly when meter readings and payments are made but apparently scottish power take 5 working days to update your DD payment .. they have no explanation for why this is and are not concerned that this causes confusion for customers.
    • PhilBB
    • By PhilBB 2nd Jun 17, 11:54 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    PhilBB
    A guess about DDs
    Rosrj1 - I've observed that SPs systems seem to be based on users doing what they expect, not doing anything at any time in the online account. I'm learning that it is bad to change anything in the run up to a DD date (I think I'd hold off at least a week before DD). Also wait until the DD is fully complete.

Refer to my post #558 - I now think that my tariff change at expiry of previous tariff did not happen automatically because I went and submitted readings the day before (my idea being to have an accurate and fair billing at tariff change rather than based on an estimate). I think this tripped up their systems as it put a bill pending when they should have run a tariff change bill.

As a follow up from my post #558 of thread -
    I decided I would start submitting monthly readings (and hence getting monthly bills) just after the DD is taken. Yesterday I checked my bank account and the DD was showing so I submitted my readings. The bill generated from yesterday (already available today!) was not aware of the DD yet it now shows in the account. This bill happened to show there was a cheaper tariff so I went and switched, carefully checking their calculations, the calc for new tariff was correct but the saving was heavily exaggerated.

All the tariffs worth considering at the moment do not have online discount. I thought this was a mistake previously, then I thought it was an increase by stealth but one of the more expensive tariffs October 2018 still has the discount. I'm now inclined to think they just don't know or take care in what they are doing.
    Last edited by PhilBB; 02-06-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typo
    • Hotspur
    • By Hotspur 2nd Jun 17, 6:16 PM
    • 515 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Hotspur
    Have been with SP for a number of years and been happy with the service and price BUT decided to switch my elderly mother's supplier to SP and then things went downhill.

Firstly, they decided to add my mother's property to my existing account even though it had been made clear that the accounts should be separate and in different names. They assumed that I was a landlord although it was clear that I wasn't. Then, they cancelled my direct debit and sent me several messages about it. Then after reinstating my DD they cancelled it again! Computer error they said. In the meantime they set up a separate account for my mother but on a different tariff to the one signed up for! Several calls to customer service without sorting things out I decide to make a formal complaint. Right away put through to someone who had the authority to override the systems and make things right. Well it took a while after that but we ended up with two accounts for the two properties, in the right names and correct tariffs but it took a while.

The result of the experience is that I am now switching away from SP and will do the same for my mother when her fixed period contract ends.
    • hybernia
    • By hybernia 3rd Jun 17, 9:13 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    hybernia
    Have been with SP for a number of years and been happy with the service and price BUT decided to switch my elderly mother's supplier to SP and then things went downhill.

Firstly, they decided to add my mother's property to my existing account even though it had been made clear that the accounts should be separate and in different names. They assumed that I was a landlord although it was clear that I wasn't. Then, they cancelled my direct debit and sent me several messages about it. Then after reinstating my DD they cancelled it again! Computer error they said. . .

The result of the experience is that I am now switching away from SP and will do the same for my mother when her fixed period contract ends.
    Originally posted by Hotspur
    Ah! Spanish Power's famous "computer error", the one that keeps recurring as a result of the "new" IT system installed all of THREE years ago but which the company continues to tell a witless Ombudsman Service that a "few" unfortunate teething troubles are responsible for a, er, "few" problems.

Computer error. The gift that keeps on giving . . . though only to Spanish Power.
    • barkat
    • By barkat 4th Jul 17, 11:14 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    barkat
    Help Beat Cancer Fix n Save July 2019 v2 Online Ts n Cs
    The terms and conditions for this tariff state that the tariff is fixed until April 2019 only! Not July 2019!
    • hybernia
    • By hybernia 4th Jul 17, 12:27 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    hybernia
    The terms and conditions for this tariff state that the tariff is fixed until April 2019 only! Not July 2019!
    Originally posted by barkat
    For accuracy's sake, Scottish Power's actual offer details are here:

https://www.ukpower.co.uk/gas_electricity_suppliers/scottishpower/help-beat-cancer-fix-and-save-july-2019-v2

There is a separate April 2019 scheme.

Both schemes involve Scottish Power donating a maximum of £10 per dual fuel customer per year to a cancer charity.

Both are the latest examples of this manipulative company's attempt to cash in on the good name of a charity, and the good will of people, to rescue its own reputation from the ruins in which it so deservedly finds itself.

Anyone wishing to help a charitable cause can do so by donating the £10 (and more) that may be saved in terms of hassle and frustration by pledging their custom to any energy supplier other than Scottish Power.
    • Scotlands_Lite
    • By Scotlands_Lite 12th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Scotlands_Lite
    Anyone else having issues with SP online accounts? (latest payments, readings and bill from this month all late / missing) after their latest system update...

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/account/login.process?execution=e1s2

...which looks as if it may have gone as well as the last one!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,353Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin