Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:26 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:26 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power 28th Jan 13 at 4:26 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Scottish Power

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Page 27
    • hybernia
    • By hybernia 14th Oct 16, 10:23 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    Scottish Power - it's a NO from me.

Have been in credit every month since joining but they still doubled my direct debit last month. Customer service was rude, and full of bull. Offered me two estimated consumption figures " we use two systems".
    Originally posted by Bob Bridges
    You were misinformed. Spanish Power doesn't use two systems but half a dozen:

1) Systematic billing of customers for energy they never used;

2) Systematic denial that any such mis-billing ever occurred;

3) Systematic lying to the customer about the issue + systematic lying about how it deals / how it has dealt with the customer's complaint;

4) Systematic harassment for payment of miscalculated bills up to and including appointing debt collectors to demand money to which no legal entitlement actually exists;

5) Systematic acknowledgement via the Ombudsman Energy Service that the bill was indeed wrong coupled with the calling off of its debt collecting hounds and the provision of a miserly "goodwill" payment to the customer so as to keep the Ombudsman sweet;

6) Systematic exploitation of its charitable donations to cancer research via self-celebrating national Press advertising intended to rehabilitate its public image that -- fortunately -- serve only to make that image all the more deserving of contempt.

Quite why the individual you spoke to didn't mention those systems is a mystery.
    • Susan1942
    • By Susan1942 14th Oct 16, 12:16 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Reading this forum has answered the question I was about to ask I am with Eon currently on the MSECollective 2015 September so about to change
    On price comparison Scottish Power comes out as the cheapest For me it is not just about price but service From what I have read I will avoid them like the plague
    The next best price is with SSE with whom I have been with previously under Atlantic and M&S energy I would rather pay a little more and have less hassle Sue
    • roj
    • By roj 17th Oct 16, 7:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cheap Energy Club Switch failed
    Mr EON energy deal recently came to an end so I applied to switch to Scottish Power through the MSE cheap energy club. A few days later I received a welcome pack from Scottish Power on which my address was printed incorrectly. I rang them to correct this and they accidentally cancelled my account. I then had to be transferred to the sales line where I spent about half an hour on the phone whilst they manually set up the account again. About a week later I had an email requesting my meter readings so I logged into the website and tried to do this. The website allowed me to submit my electricity meter reading but not the gas so I rang them again to do this over the phone. A few days later I logged into the website where I saw that my monthly direct debit had been set as £14. This was wrong as it should have been around £35. I rang to query this and was told that my application to Scottish Power had been rejected by their system and I was still being supplied by EON. They could give no reason for this other than a system error. As a result I asked them to cancel my switch.

The only good thing I would say about Scottish Power is that they were easy to get through to on the phone and all the staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful. I suspect they are experiencing Major IT problems though.

I would like to try to switch to another supplier through the Cheap Energy club but I can't as the website says i currently have a switch in process
    • Susan1942
    • By Susan1942 19th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 924 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    Thank you for your post. This confirms my thoughts about Scottish Power. I am going to switch to SSE as it is a bit more expensive than Scottish Power but I am hoping it will be less problematic. Sue
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

82Posts Today

3,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Superb and chilling piece on #newsnight right now, animated reading from someone under ISIS rule in Mosul

• In my view that's a usually a mistake see my

• Does anyone know when we get US election results - ie is it a watch it overnight on morning of 9nov or watch the next day, or is it days?

• Follow Martin