Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 4:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 1:59 PM.
Page 51
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching from E.ON
    Just received my final bill, Iresa have obviously pushed the numbers through as my meter details have appeared on their site after almost 7 months, but it is an estimated final bill. Why ? The figure is only 6kWh out from my submitted read but why "estimated" or is that how you classify the validated reading ? Or have you just given up and guessed ?
    Originally posted by molerat
    Hello molerat.

If the meter readings have come from Iresa via the third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past usage, they'll be shown as estimated on our final bill. This is because they're not your readings or from a meter reader. Do they match Iresa's opening readings?

Sorry to lose you molerat and hope this helps explain.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • vlg
    • By vlg 29th Aug 17, 12:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    vlg
    It's a very disappointing day Malc when the outcome of a credit check means more to a company than 5.5 years of loyalty from a customer, and 5.5 years of impeccable payment history with credit meters fitted. Ah well, apart from the better level of service I'll also make a substantial saving by switching as well. I guess it's true that loyalty really doesn't count for anything these days.

What's even more disappointing is that you'd not "led me to believe that all was ok", but had actually carried out the credit check whilst I was on the line with you, and had very clearly and unambiguously stated that the fitting of a credit meter had been approved - that's not leading me to believe something, it's an outright lie.

The story also changed as I was transferred between departments, as initially it was made quite clear that the only issue was the small debit balance on the gas account (a natural occurrence with a credit account, and less than a months payment - in fact, now the DD has been taken the account will actually be in credit again at this point), yet the very rude and arrogant resolution manager was adamant that in no circumstances would a credit meter be offered...despite the conversation of less than 10 minutes earlier. More lies?

Deadlock letter eagerly awaited so that this can be followed up, as if nothing else the derisory goodwill gesture offered would not even come close to covering my call costs, never mind my time nor anything to compensate for the blatant lies and misinformation.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 29th Aug 17, 12:12 PM
    • 17,002 Posts
    • 11,182 Thanks
    molerat
    Do they match Iresa's opening readings?
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Now that is a question to which there is no answer at present

edit: They have answered my support ticket and have used the same starting read. Getting there slowly.
    Last edited by molerat; 30-08-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    Switching from E.ON
    Now that is a question to which there is no answer at present

edit: They have answered my support ticket and have used the same starting read. Getting there slowly.
    Better news molerat. Hope this comes to an end for you quickly now.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • molerat
    • By molerat 4th Sep 17, 3:23 PM
    • 17,002 Posts
    • 11,182 Thanks
    molerat
    Better news molerat. Hope this comes to an end for you quickly now.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    And you have now issued a revised bill. I assume that Iresa have given you a revised reading as they have opened to a different read to what they told me, one that was taken by a meter reader 6 days before they took my supply. At least you are still both working to the same read.
    Switching from E.ON
    And you have now issued a revised bill. I assume that Iresa have given you a revised reading as they have opened to a different read to what they told me, one that was taken by a meter reader 6 days before they took my supply. At least you are still both working to the same read.
    Have to say, this is messy molerat. As you know, provided we're both working to the same opening/closing readings, you'll only be charged once for the same energy. It's just that you'll be charged for more kWhs than expected by one of us but this will be balanced out by being charged for fewer kWhs by the other.

Hope this comes to an end for you soon molerat.

Malc
    • molerat
    • By molerat 5th Sep 17, 2:25 PM
    • 17,002 Posts
    • 11,182 Thanks
    molerat
    They have now contacted me to state they will dispute the reading if I wish to which I have replied don't and they should be aware that it is within the tolerance that it cannot be disputed anyway. After months of doing nothing they now seem intent on making extra work for themselves probably in an effort to show the ombudsman that they are doing something to resolve the complaint and not have to pay more money out !
    Switching from E.ON
    They have now contacted me to state they will dispute the reading if I wish to which I have replied don't and they should be aware that it is within the tolerance that it cannot be disputed anyway. After months of doing nothing they now seem intent on making extra work for themselves probably in an effort to show the ombudsman that they are doing something to resolve the complaint and not have to pay more money out !
    Morning molerat and you're right, if below industry thresholds (250 units for electricity and 45/125 units for a 4 dial imperial/5 dial metric meter) then the readings can't be challenged. We'll reject this approach straightaway.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,364Posts Today

7,847Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin