Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eon
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eon 28th Jan 13 at 4:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Page 49
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Direct Debits
    Welcome to the forum.

Without knowing any details of your case, the above quote needs comment.

The Direct Debit we sign with any utility company gives them authority to vary the sum they take from your account PROVIDED you are informed of any increase in advance. This can be by letter or on a bill, and can be a sum to clear an outstanding debt.

If they had not given you notice of 'hiving off' money from your account, you could have got it repaid from your bank under the Direct Debit Guarantee with your bank. You don't need to justify your case with your bank as you are the bank's customer and they will act on your instructions.
    Originally posted by Cardew
    Spot on Cardew. Whenever we set up or change a Direct Debit, customers are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee offered by banks and building societies.

We let customers know of any changes to the amount, date or frequency of the arrangement 10 working days before the change happens. We do this by letter or email (where they've consented to contact this way). Where the amount changes, we'll put a message on the front page of the next bill advising the new amount and when this payment starts.

If a mistake is made with the arrangement, customers are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from the bank or building society. The relevant bank or building society will arrange this.

Totally appreciate you probably already know this Cardew but thought it might be of use to others reading this thread.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 15th Jun 17, 9:35 AM
    • 599 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    Completed my move away from E.ON (due to non competitive prices at the end of a collective deal). Final bill has been produced 14 days after the leaving date so small credit due back within 10 days.
    Quick turn around and the final bill was exactly as expected.

Over the two and a quarter years of being a customer, the only minor complaint has been the direct debit being moved upwards when not necessary. But you can adjust that online yourself.

@Malc/Helen E.ON Reps
    Seeing all the changes being done to the look of the website, I'm glad to leave as the new look makes for more mouse clicking to get where you want to be. Not a fan of this new look at all.
    If you get price competitive I would return in the future though but I'd still hate the website look .

Quick update to say that the credit balance was repaid into bank account 7 days after the final bill was produced.
    Last edited by gsmlnx; 23-06-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Add date of refund
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Switching from E.ON
    Completed my move away from E.ON (due to non competitive prices at the end of a collective deal). Final bill has been produced 14 days after the leaving date so small credit due back within 10 days.
    Quick turn around and the final bill was exactly as expected.

Over the two and a quarter years of being a customer, the only minor complaint has been the direct debit being moved upwards when not necessary. But you can adjust that online yourself.

@Malc/Helen E.ON Reps
    Seeing all the changes being done to the look of the website, I'm glad to leave as the new look makes for more mouse clicking to get where you want to be. Not a fan of this new look at all.
    If you get price competitive I would return in the future though but I'd still hate the website look .
    Originally posted by gsmlnx
    Sorry to lose you gsmlnx and that you're not impressed with the new website layout. Happy to feed this back.

Glad the switch went as it should and that we looked after you during your time with us (Direct Debit apart that is).

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • GVW
    • By GVW 27th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GVW
    EON Rubbish
    I tried to switch to them over a month ago. Nothing much happening - except they keep trying to take over my neighbors supply. They obviously refuse - so I can't switch???
    Contacting E.ON is a nightmare. E.mails take 5 days to get a useless bland reply. Live chat waste of time -they know nothing. Telephone - over 30 mins to get an answer. Then he was useless.
    Now can't switch to another supplier because "switch is in progress".
    Who said switching supplies was easy?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,689Posts Today

9,229Users online

Martin's Twitter