Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eon
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eon 28th Jan 13 at 4:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Page 32
    • abooaaishaa
    • By abooaaishaa 15th Sep 16, 3:29 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    abooaaishaa
    They could've let us change directly on the EON website, without having to pay anyone commission.
    Originally posted by perky_v

Instead the eon website misleadingly lists best deals without any mention that there is a much cheaper offer available to new customers. Ofgem really needs to look into this misleading practice.
    • perky_v
    • By perky_v 15th Sep 16, 5:08 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    perky_v
    Instead the eon website misleadingly lists best deals without any mention that there is a much cheaper offer available to new customers. Ofgem really needs to look into this misleading practice.
    Originally posted by abooaaishaa

Misleading indeed
    • Daimo18
    • By Daimo18 19th Sep 16, 11:36 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Daimo18
    Many good points made within previous posts. I to will be moving from Eon after a number of years because I can never understand why best deals are kept for new customers and nothing extra for remaining loyal. It's all in the marketing I guess but I will certainly be looking at British Gas as my next supplier. I can move immediately as not tied in to Eon as just finished last collective fix. Come on Eon - look after your current customers!
    • Wolf3
    • By Wolf3 19th Sep 16, 9:27 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    Wolf3
    Anybody hazard a guess at which is the greatest:

Amount of profit loss from existing customers leaving

versus

Amount of profit from customers moving to variable without realising
    (or too apathetic to do anything).
    From what Ofgem, Ann Robinson from U-Switch and good old keep telling us that far too many customers don't switch often enough, plus the marketing of these new tariffs. We should presume the profits of the inert customers are the greatest
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 20th Sep 16, 8:42 AM
    • 2,264 Posts
    • 873 Thanks
    footyguy
    Many good points made within previous posts. I to will be moving from Eon after a number of years because I can never understand why best deals are kept for new customers and nothing extra for remaining loyal. It's all in the marketing I guess but I will certainly be looking at British Gas as my next supplier. I can move immediately as not tied in to Eon as just finished last collective fix. Come on Eon - look after your current customers!
    Originally posted by Daimo18
    I very much doubt you've been on the best deals if you have been with the same supplier for years.

But suppliers love 'sticky' customers like you - you can work out for yourself why

Consult a comparison site regularly to find the best deal(s) for you.

Unfortunately, alert sites like the CEC don't actually alert you currently to better deals from individual fuel suppliers, which often are much more cost effective than dual fuel tariffs.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 21st Sep 16, 4:38 PM
    • 14,625 Posts
    • 9,010 Thanks
    molerat
    A+ for CS today. Had a brain fart this morning and entered a wrong meter read, transposed 2 numbers and used over 3 months worth of electric !. Phoned them up, answered in under a minute, took reading, asked to hold whilst she spoke to another department who could force the correct read, came back and said job done. Looked at my account about 15 minutes later and corrected read was showing as customer read and a correct bill appeared on line this afternoon.

Why can't they all make it that easy.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • knmnhsun
    • By knmnhsun 21st Sep 16, 7:12 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 255 Thanks
    knmnhsun
    my mom has had a bill for £425 gas and electric she phoned them they just said she has under paid the last 2 years so they have added it to this bill she is 81 years old so she went to age concern they phoned and they just said the same, she looked after someone and never even stayed there for 2 years and has only one tv, a cooker, hot water and lights and for gas one fire she hasnt got a washing machine or central heating just what ive said and she is going to pay it as she says there is nothing she can do
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    my mom has had a bill for £425 gas and electric she phoned them they just said she has under paid the last 2 years so they have added it to this bill she is 81 years old so she went to age concern they phoned and they just said the same, she looked after someone and never even stayed there for 2 years and has only one tv, a cooker, hot water and lights and for gas one fire she hasnt got a washing machine or central heating just what ive said and she is going to pay it as she says there is nothing she can do
    Originally posted by knmnhsun
    Good morning knmnhsun.

It sounds like the bills have been underestimated and now we've received an accurate up to date read, we've produced what we call a 'catch up' bill.

We should really be able to help a bit more than this, does she pay by a Direct Debit?

If so we can look at the accurate usage and set the payments to cover this and pay back any debit balance over a number of months, we'd need to look in to the details to see if we can arrange a longer period to pay this back.

As your mum is 81, we need to look at maybe putting her on the priority services register, as there a few features on here that may help.

We can also have a look to see if she is on the best tariff.

Let me know if you need me

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • aubergine
    • By aubergine 22nd Sep 16, 12:13 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    aubergine
    Switched to E.on last year from NPower via the cheap energy club. Mostly OK, app not as good as NPower's.

Did have a bit of a gripe when I couldn't find my meter key when they wanted a reading, contacted them and they told me to go and buy one. Told them I wouldn't be able to do that imminently so I wouldn't be able to read the meter. Next thing they agreed to send me a new key.

Now, 1 day before end of cheap fixed tariff I get an email saying they are reducing my Direct Debit by £11 despite me owing them £30 and my tariff about to go up, depending on who you believe, around £30 - £40 / month.

Anybody would think they either don't know what they are doing or are trying to lull me into a false sense of security.

Phoned them up, after a long wait they did agree the Direct Debit department doesn't seem to be talking to the Tariff department, told me whatever tariff I went on to it would be much more and offered to give me my usage to shop around!

Happy to be leaving for a non Big 6 renewables deal without the automatic kick back to an expensive tariff (which I had unwittingly ended up on with NPower for years).
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 22nd Sep 16, 12:45 PM
    • 3,278 Posts
    • 12,118 Thanks
    indesisiv
    EON itself has been fine for the last year that I was with them. Like others I have actually just left them (Not because of bad service) but because their tariffs that are available to me are not the cheapest.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

401Posts Today

3,563Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. On way to @gmb for 7:40 slot, this week warning to parents about student finance, get paid to cut debt costs, free cafe nero & more

• RT @purplemel75: @MartinSLewis Thanks for the #BigSwitch I've saved £424 by switching tariff!

• Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• Follow Martin