Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:14 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Edf energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:14 PM
    Edf energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 4:14 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Edf Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-09-2017 at 1:10 PM.
Page 9
    • TheMidnightSkulker
    • By TheMidnightSkulker 27th Aug 17, 4:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TheMidnightSkulker
    EDF almost tripled our electricity bill from £116 to £295

Speaking of enormous increases in bills, my elderly mother, who I live with, showed me that EDF have in the last 3 months increased the electricity bill from £116 per month to £295. (We have dual fuel and that doesn't include the gas bill. I won't be talking about gas here.)

The letter said she'd recently contacted them asking for her direct debit to be switched and as a result they'd be charging her £295 per month from then on.

WTF. She didn't contact them.

And no, we haven't done anything in the last three months that would jack our electricity usage up to industrial levels.

We also just got our meter read a couple of days ago, and then a card in the post to fill in with a new reading because they say they've just had a reading inconsistent with our recorded history.

I hope this means they've made a big mistake and are about to discover it, because if not, it means they're going to charge over £4K per year for energy from now on.

I hope this means they've made a mistake and are about to discover it? If they dispute that we didn't actually ask them to change the direct debit, does that mean we'll be locked in for a certain period of time? (The letter does say direct debit, not tariff.)

Basically WTF? Has anyone else experienced this?

Worst case, we'll switch, but I just. WHAT.
    • rebgershon
    • By rebgershon 15th Sep 17, 3:32 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rebgershon
    Current EDF tariff not on you energy saving club list
    Hi, as per the above title, I tried to do an energy comparison with my current plan with EDF but couldn't find it listed.

I'm on EDF Blue+Price Protection Jun18v2. Perhaps this is too new to be listed.

I wanted to do the comparison before your energy club offer expired.

Any thoughts anyone?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 15th Sep 17, 3:36 PM
    • 4,202 Posts
    • 2,448 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hi, as per the above title, I tried to do an energy comparison with my current plan with EDF but couldn't find it listed.

I'm on EDF Blue+Price Protection Jun18v2. Perhaps this is too new to be listed.

I wanted to do the comparison before your energy club offer expired.

Any thoughts anyone?
    Originally posted by rebgershon
    If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Sep 17, 3:37 PM
    • 17,013 Posts
    • 11,190 Thanks
    molerat
    It shows for me, directly below the Price Protection Jun18
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • rebgershon
    • By rebgershon 15th Sep 17, 4:38 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rebgershon
    I don't see anything except Standard Variable and a number of 'Simply Fixed' tariffs with months and year on them
    • rebgershon
    • By rebgershon 15th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rebgershon
    Silly me, just found it when trying to scroll up the list
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin