Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:04 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Npower
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:04 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Npower 28th Jan 13 at 4:04 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Npower

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Page 19
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 2nd Nov 17, 12:53 PM
    • 3,898 Posts
    • 1,547 Thanks
    footyguy
    as per title, switched company over 2 months ago, but still waiting for my final bill, and refund of overpayment. i contacted them a month ago and was told there was problems sending out final bills, but that it would be soon. another month has gone by, contacted them via online messaging and asked if they were going to give me the interest i would have earned on my money. was told my final bill would be prepared by 31st october and to allow ten days for it to be emailed to me, and for my money to be refunded into my bank account.
    today i received a generic letter thanking me for my complaint and to continue to pay for my ongoing energy use whilst they sort this out.
    unbelievable.
    Originally posted by randm
    I'm afraid you have to be patient in these matters.

All suppliers are permitted up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill, according to their supply licence - this is from the date of them termiinating their supply to you (i.e the actual switch date)

Thereafter, you can raise a complaint, which they are permitted 8 weeks to resolve before you can ask the ombudsman to assist you. It will typically take about 3 months from initial receipt before the ombudsman comes to look at your case and offer a proposed resolution.

The supplier is typically allowed a further 28 days to implement the resolution as proposed by the ombudsman (if you accept it)

The best thing is to try and avoid any large build up of credit in the first instance. This useful MSE article explains how ...
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits
    • J_M_W
    • By J_M_W 1st Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    J_M_W
    Feedback on a year withnPower
    Been with npower for a year from December 2016 till now (December 2017).

Switch to them was easy and no big issues.

Problem came to billing - my 1st bill was issued 5 months after signing up - as apparently they had billing system issues. Received bill only after spending quite along time on phone and their online chat.

After year of fixed fees - moving now to AVRO - lets see how will that go- fingers crossed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

210Posts Today

1,691Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin