Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:04 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Npower
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:04 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Npower 28th Jan 13 at 4:04 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Npower

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Page 18
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 8th Sep 16, 1:25 PM
    • 321 Posts
    • 239 Thanks
    mattk_180
    Found out the house I'm buying is currently supplied by Scottish Power. Read terrible things about them on here so did some rough quotes so I had a rough idea of what I'm doing when I move in and switch and Npower seemed to be the best deal. Now reading on here, that may not be the best choice either!

Are there any really decent companies out there or is it just all individual experiences and I'm just going to have to chance it and hope I have a good one?
    • stevegrass777
    • By stevegrass777 8th Sep 16, 2:08 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    stevegrass777
    Found out the house I'm buying is currently supplied by Scottish Power. Read terrible things about them on here so did some rough quotes so I had a rough idea of what I'm doing when I move in and switch and Npower seemed to be the best deal. Now reading on here, that may not be the best choice either!

Are there any really decent companies out there or is it just all individual experiences and I'm just going to have to chance it and hope I have a good one?
    Originally posted by mattk_180
    Well I can shed some light on the problems with both sp and npower,from my investigation they seem to use the same useless software and it will take quite some years to iron out its problems as admitted by npower many times.
    So I would look at the other big firms or choose a good small company,look out for good customer service as well as price.
    • SueB8831
    • By SueB8831 12th Oct 16, 3:32 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SueB8831
    NPower no longer deal with Economy 7 meters
    Applied to switch last month and have JUST received a letter saying they can't do it. I rang to find out why and they said they no longer deal with Economy 7 meters
    • stevegrass777
    • By stevegrass777 12th Oct 16, 7:47 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    stevegrass777
    They have done you the biggest favour ever!
    They get economy 7 meter readings the wrong way round 9 out of ten times in my experience.
    Have a glass of wine and find a decent company!
    • dianadoors
    • By dianadoors 15th Dec 16, 12:18 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dianadoors
    Npower
    NEVER,NEVER use this company.
    It is the most dishonourable and dishonest company out there.
    I went to court against NPower and whilst I did not win the case the Judge remarked how badly I had been treated as a customer.The new CEO is as bad as the last.

USE at your peril.
    I am one of thousands!
    • angelin77
    • By angelin77 15th Dec 16, 4:23 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    angelin77
    I have never come across a company as bad as Npower. They messed up transferring a dual fuel account to a tenant which took several months to sort out. They then created an account in a false name when the tenant moved out which then resulted in the gas supply being cut off. All my efforts to get them to change the account to one in my name were met with sorry we cannot discuss as you're not the named account holder. Just an absolutely pathetic company that has caused distress to so many people. I'm in the process of dealing with the Information Commissioner's Office due to Npower's breaches of the data protection act. They have admitted emailing a third party giving them my personal information and they substituted my name on an existing named account and tried to get me to pay the charges on this account. I have never received an accurate bill from them and they say my bills which show the readings as being their estimates are really accurate readings because I supplied the reads even though I did not.. Truly appalling customer service. Avoid like the plague if you value your sanity.
    • kilowhat?
    • By kilowhat? 15th Dec 16, 7:39 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kilowhat?
    Should be put out of business!!!
    By far npower have got to be the worst company in existence! How on earth they are still trading beggars belief. When will something finally get done regarding these cowboys? It's blatantly obvious that fining them hasn't deterred them from still co**ing up bills, reading, personal details and messing with peoples lives! Disgraceful!

My issue still remains unresolved and in a bigger mess from when it first happened. Transposed readings =fu**ed up bill =debits of hundreds =credit of thousands =debits of hundreds =back billing =no back billing =stress =more stress =total incompetence. ALL their fault! They do not know their asses from their elbows and I am sick to death of them. I will be taking it further, as far as I can, as I am not prepared to accept that npower are getting away with treating normal folk like us on here who ALL have issues, with utter contempt.

I should imagine the big cheeses of npower and the powers that be will be sat in their mansions at Christmas counting their bonuses laughing at us. The cheeky, incompetent useless sons of you know whats!

Second rant on here over..... for now.
    • juliethemuse
    • By juliethemuse 17th Dec 16, 3:40 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 2,851 Thanks
    juliethemuse
    This is an absolute joke of a company!!
    We tried to switch to their company last year to get a cheaper deal - I know, big mistake.
    Anyway, our current energy provider objected because we owed a debt so couldn't switch. Since then we have had endless bills and phone calls demanding money for energy we haven't even had!
    NPOWER why are you saying we owe hundreds of pounds for a so called 'final bill' ?
    I have asked them loads of times but they just respond with more bills. I could paper the walls with them
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 18th Dec 16, 9:37 AM
    • 3,134 Posts
    • 1,639 Thanks
    MABLE
    I have been in and out of N Power over the years and currently get my gas supply from them and can honestly say I have never encountered any problems. Excellent company.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 18th Dec 16, 4:10 PM
    • 6,823 Posts
    • 3,997 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I have been in and out of N Power over the years and currently get my gas supply from them and can honestly say I have never encountered any problems. Excellent company.
    Originally posted by MABLE

Some of us are quite happy, but it's people with problems who tend to post.

They have always sorted my problems and usually give a credit as a sweetener. (Complaining that my bill was not automatically calculated , for the third month running, resulted in an immediate bill and £25 credit)
    • davidjbw
    • By davidjbw 10th Jan 17, 3:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davidjbw
    Direct Debit rise
    I have a fixed contract with nPower and received a notice saying they were going to raise my DD payment from £68 pm to £80 pm.
    What they had done was to estimate my future consumption and cost to the end of 2017 rather than to the end of my contract which is August 31st.
    They had calculated my cost to the end of my contract, then added further months at a much higher tariff and divided the lot by 11 months to give them the figure of £80.
    I rang them up and said that I had calculated my consumption to the end of my contract using their figures and the result was about £63 for the remaining months and I wasn't going to pay more than my original figure of £68.
    They said OK there and then, and cancelled the £80 scam.
    Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else gets a similar demand.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 31st Jan 17, 2:36 PM
    • 2,973 Posts
    • 767 Thanks
    Anthorn
    It was Npower's quote for the variable tariff that I found confusing: Apparently they charge a standing charge per day but if I pay by monthly direct debit they give a discount which is reflected in the standing charge. The quote stated nil standing charge but the amount of the discount was not shown. I assumed that the whole of the standing charge would be discounted but went with Ebico variable where the nil standing charge is stated in the tariff.
    I don't think and I know I don't think so therefore I am. At least I think so. But hold on I don't think ... er ...
    • titanflux
    • By titanflux 9th Feb 17, 4:03 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    titanflux
    Switching away from Npower
    I have recently initiated switches AWAY from Npower dual fuel to separate suppliers. Deal end date is 28 February and I only started the switch process after NPower sent me the formal notification that end of deal was coming (13 January).

They have sent me emails for both energy switches saying that they are charging me an exit fee because it is before the end of the fixed deal. I guess I will check what appears on my final bill and then challenge it, but any pointers on their policy on this?

My electricity switch happened on 6 Feb and gas is still to happen over the coming weeks as Daligas appeared to forget about me altogether until I prompted them!
    I'm a pharmacist, not a psychic.
    • fonesaver
    • By fonesaver 9th Feb 17, 4:19 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    fonesaver
    I have recently initiated switches AWAY from Npower dual fuel to separate suppliers. Deal end date is 28 February and I only started the switch process after NPower sent me the formal notification that end of deal was coming (13 January).

They have sent me emails for both energy switches saying that they are charging me an exit fee because it is before the end of the fixed deal. I guess I will check what appears on my final bill and then challenge it, but any pointers on their policy on this?

My electricity switch happened on 6 Feb and gas is still to happen over the coming weeks as Daligas appeared to forget about me altogether until I prompted them!
    Originally posted by titanflux

Same thing happened to me. I started the switch 5 days ago (my tariff ends 28th Feb) and got an email with 'As you have left your tariff before the end of the fixed term we will be charging you an exit fee.'

I phoned them and they say it's a fault with their system but the guy on the end of the phone sounded like he couldn't care less about the error but did ensure me I wouldn't be charged the fee.

Just another example of this awful company, so glad I found a better deal.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 9th Feb 17, 6:39 PM
    • 6,823 Posts
    • 3,997 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Email Executive Complaints and ask for the statement in writing. They respond very quickly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

1,693Users online

Martin's Twitter