Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 3:55 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Co-op
    • 28th Jan 13, 3:55 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Co-op 28th Jan 13 at 3:55 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Co-op

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part.
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 2:01 PM.
Page 32
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 13th Aug 16, 3:35 PM
    • 4,449 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    Consumerist
    . . . As an aside, I have to declare that I was reassured that I had done the right thing in leaving Co-op Energy by the fact that Consumerist, whose past postings I had read, and whose subsequent postings I have also read, was recommending people to stay put. . . .
    Originally posted by Sosumi
    So what is your point in the deliberately offensive aside?

Edit
    Already answered. I see from some of your other posts that you are just an objectionable malcontent. I guess it takes all sorts.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 13-08-2016 at 3:47 PM.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 14th Aug 16, 11:19 AM
    • 242 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Sosumi

So what is your point in the deliberately offensive aside?
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    Veracity. (Not one of your own strong points, it must be said.)

As stated, I read your postings and they spoke for themselves.

Edit
    Already answered. I see from some of your other posts that you are just an objectionable malcontent. I guess it takes all sorts.
    Malcontent? Moi ?

Hardly:-

E.ON's been brilliant.
    I’m rich, retired, relaxed and currently one month into a new 2 Year collective fix with E.ON at a pre-Referendum tariff.

With what would I be malcontented?

I’l leave the objectionability, factual inaccuracies and libels to you. You excel at them.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 14th Aug 16, 11:41 AM
    • 4,449 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    Consumerist
    I really do hope you feel better now you have got that off your chest.

I don't know what I may have said to upset you but you really need to grow up and get get over it. Better, get over yourself.
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 14th Aug 16, 1:43 PM
    • 242 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Sosumi
    Co-op Energy online account print-outs.

As a matter of interest, is anyone yet able to print out (directly) the pages of their account that Co-op Energy displays (visibly and readably) online but in some weird format?

If so, how?

After Co-op Energy introduced its new "improved" system in March 2015, I had to resort to taking screen-dumps and printing out those.

It still defeats Mac OS X and all my Canon laser and inkjet printer drivers (including Postscript drivers).

No problems at all with E.ON.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 14th Aug 16, 5:10 PM
    • 30,031 Posts
    • 15,965 Thanks
    kingstreet
    I've been with Co-op Energy since August 2011 and have changed tariff several times during that period.

I've reported my issues when they took place (once attempted to charge me £60 for switching) but have been otherwise unscathed by the issues affecting many others.

Understandably, I am in a minority as many who have come later have experienced many problems and there are far too many of them for them all to be wrong.

I would not expect members to accept my view as being representative and to suggest any other member's are somehow more or less valid or should be relied on in any way is obviously flawed. An opinion is exactly that, after all.

Therefore an attack on an individual member who may have suggested leaving a particular supplier is a complete waste of time.

Sosumi - I have pdfs of my 19 invoices and all of them reflect the meter readings I have taken every month on 21st of that month. As you're "rich and retired" I guess your money saving objectives are somewhat different to the rest of us.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 15th Aug 16, 11:35 AM
    • 242 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Sosumi

Sosumi - I have pdfs of my 19 invoices and all of them reflect the meter readings I have taken every month on 21st of that month. As you're "rich and retired" I guess your money saving objectives are somewhat different to the rest of us.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    Thanks for your reply to me, kingstreet.

In the event, I wasn’t too greatly inconvenienced, personally. Jumping ship promptly from the People’s Republic of Incompetence to the safety of Efficient.ON was accomplished in a mere three weeks after Ben Reid, OBE managed to detonate the magazine of his company’s boat.

So, all I really needed was a final invoice.

That arrived by email a lightning six months later and a cheque (for too much money ) duly followed in the post.

My posting comment to which you refer wasn’t intended to be any sort of a boast or gloat. I just wanted to put a patronising Consumerist firmly back in his box. (It was/is true, though.)

Actually, I think all our money saving objectives are pretty much the same, here. Electricity and gas are just bare, unembellished products; there is no luxury, Super nor High Octane version of them. What each of us wants is the cheapest tariff possible for our needs, from the most reliable and efficient provider possible. And, if you follow the market and use collective fixes, the latter is achievable at very little cost greater than saddling yourself with a rogue supplier from whom you will get an exasperating and expensive amount of grief that costs you more in the long run anyway.

The people for whom I have the greatest sympathy in the wole long-running Co-op Energy disaster saga are the lovely, friendly, helpful Customer Services staff who were told, when the accounting system disintegrated through no fault of their own, to start lying to customers (led, from the front, by Ben Reid, OBE) if they wanted to keep a roof over their head and food on the table for their children. They were the type of people whom you knew, from past experience, must have hated having to do that and I fear for what the whole experience did for their personal senses of honesty, integrity and morality.

Thank you again for replying to me: I appreciate it.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 15th Aug 16, 12:24 PM
    • 4,449 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    Consumerist
    . . . My posting comment to which you refer wasn’t intended to be any sort of a boast or gloat. I just wanted to put a patronising Consumerist firmly back in his box. (It was/is true, though.). . .
    But if you want lessons on patronisation then look through posts by Sosumi - some are a masterclass in the subject.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 15-08-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 15th Aug 16, 12:31 PM
    • 242 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Sosumi

But if you want lessons on patronisation then look through posts by Sosumi - some are a masterclass in the subject.
    I blush. Praise from a natural (if not quite a master) of the genre.
    • Toniswadling
    • By Toniswadling 18th Aug 16, 9:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Toniswadling
    I moved into my 3 bed bungalow in January 2015, the energy supplier was already Co-operative Energy after ready an article on MSE recommending them I decided I would stay with them, I rang but they couldn't find me on their system, at the time of joining they were moving over to a new computer system and apparently I was on the old system and they had problems migrating me to the new one. I rang every other week for 6 months, after waiting to connect between 20 & 40 minutes only to be told every time that they couldn't find the property or any record of me, they said they couldn't even take meter readings as I didn't exist on the system, I was promised I'd be called back - it didn't happen, it took me 6 months to get a bill from them which was £1100 at that point, when I called again using the account number on the invoice, they still could not find me as the account number was on the old system which they couldn't access. I could not arrange any tariff, make any payments or give any readings. Through the Ombudsman I managed to get a deal to leave them as long as I had a payment plan in place, this was arranged and I have moved over to Ovo and have had no problems, I received my final bill from Co-op in June (6 months after leaving them!) It turns out my electricity charges for a period of 1 year is £2800, I spoke to them and argued that as they could not locate me on their system and I made every attempt to try and get my account in order it was unfair that they have billed me on their highest tariff & that they should re-calculate my usage at their best tariff. They said no as I did not have a direct debit in place. WTF! How could I arrange a direct debit when I couldn't even pass on my readings. Absolutely disgusting! This has caused me so much stress! I have in effect been forced to pay a extortionate tariff by the Co-operative Energy due to their incompetence, this surely cannot be allowed!
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 18th Aug 16, 10:44 PM
    • 4,449 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    Consumerist
    . . . This has caused me so much stress! I have in effect been forced to pay a extortionate tariff by the Co-operative Energy due to their incompetence, this surely cannot be allowed!
    Originally posted by Toniswadling
    Unfortunately, speaking to anyone over the phone at Co-op, these days, is a waste of time.

I suggest you put your case in a written complaint and send it by Recorded Delivery post. Head you letter with the word Complaint in bold so therre is no question of it being merely an enquiry.

An alternative approach, is to send the complaint by email via <Resolver> who will send it to the appropriate department, log your email correspodence and will also forward the file to the Ombudsman at your request.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 18-08-2016 at 10:57 PM. Reason: typo
    • sensibleshoes
    • By sensibleshoes 7th Sep 16, 1:10 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    sensibleshoes
    IT still useless
    I decided to stick with Co Op in May when my tariff ended. I opted for a fix till September 2017 as I wanted to avoid the hassle of moving & the rate was ok. However the price increase email received at the end of August highlighted Co Op hadn't put me on the fix tariff but i was on their more expensive standard tariff.

I emailed them pointing this out & they were quick to sort it out (within 1 day). However the bill I received the next week for the period June to September was very confusing & included from March which I had already paid.

I had to send a flurry of emails asking them to correct it as I thought I had been charged twice. In fact after considerable time studying bills with a notepad & calculator I have now worked out how they have charged me with a credit for previous bill.

Totally unnecessary & time consuming for all concerned all because they altered the charge period of the bill.

It doesn't help that the website to access my account is playing up too.

I would not recommend Co Op energy.
    • boobbby
    • By boobbby 7th Sep 16, 5:30 PM
    • 759 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    boobbby
    useless
    Seems normal for the Co op energy but at least their September tariffs is the cheapist around
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 17th Oct 16, 11:28 AM
    • 4,449 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    Consumerist
    Hi vswitchusave and welcome to the forum.

I think, however, you might be preaching to the converted here.

Edit
    It is usual on this site to try (sometimes without success) to keep to the topic of any thread on which you post. The topic of this thread is feedback on Co-op Energy and your post doesn't seem relevant to that topic.

There are other threads e.g.<Gas & Electricity: Find the cheapest supplier and earn up to £30 cashback> to post general comments.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 17-10-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    • victor2
    • By victor2 17th Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    • 4,507 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    victor2
    Hi vswitchusave and welcome to the forum.

I think, however, you might be preaching to the converted here.

Edit
    It is usual on this site to try (sometimes without success) to keep to the topic of any thread on which you post. The topic of this thread is feedback on Co-op Energy and your post doesn't seem relevant to that topic.

There are other threads e.g.<Gas & Electricity: Find the cheapest supplier and earn up to £30 cashback> to post general comments.
    I just assumed it was a spammer with a name like that and new to the site, but there was no link anywhere - maybe that is/was to come?
    Edit:
    Thought so, just googled the name!
    Last edited by victor2; 17-10-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 17th Oct 16, 12:07 PM
    • 4,449 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    Consumerist
    I just assumed it was a spammer with a name like that and new to the site, but there was no link anywhere - maybe that is/was to come?
    Edit:
    Thought so, just googled the name!
    Originally posted by victor2
    As there was only one post, rather than multiples, I thought it might be genuine. Have now googled it too and see what you mean. Not even Ofgem approved. Money-making only site.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 17-10-2016 at 12:13 PM.
    • Imnoexpert
    • By Imnoexpert 1st Dec 16, 1:32 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Imnoexpert
    I have just arranged to switch to coop because the price advantage seems to make it worthwhile. Does anyone know how long this is taking at present?
    • Johnzee
    • By Johnzee 1st Dec 16, 4:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Johnzee
    Not switching
    The Coop was picked for me as the optimum for a switch from my present FU account but after reading the litany of issues encountered by others on this thread I have decided to stay where I am; Coop CS seems horrendous.... Maybe it'll work out, maybe not, but a cheaper deal simply isn't worth it if, as seems quite likely, things go awry and I have to waste time on the phone. So thanks for the input everyone...
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 1st Dec 16, 5:20 PM
    • 4,449 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    Consumerist
    The Coop was picked for me as the optimum for a switch from my present FU account but after reading the litany of issues encountered by others on this thread I have decided to stay where I am; Coop CS seems horrendous.... Maybe it'll work out, maybe not, but a cheaper deal simply isn't worth it if, as seems quite likely, things go awry and I have to waste time on the phone. So thanks for the input everyone...
    Originally posted by Johnzee
    You have to wonder why Co-op energy was chosen to take on GB Energy customers when it demonstrably can't cope with those it has already.

Ofgem madness.

Someone give us a regulator who considers energy customers for a change.
    • Hubsy
    • By Hubsy 1st Dec 16, 6:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hubsy
    The most useless energy company. Initially didn't transfer me over.
    I.T. is a joke.

Recent got sent letter saying my montly payment going from £73 to £100 a month.

Won't be renewing in March 2017, even if they are cheaper.

They also cannot supply a smart meter.

AVOID...
    • Rubidium
    • By Rubidium 1st Dec 16, 9:10 PM
    • 482 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    Rubidium
    I have just arranged to switch to coop because the price advantage seems to make it worthwhile. Does anyone know how long this is taking at present?
    Originally posted by Imnoexpert
    Co-op Energy have not signed up to faster switching, so six weeks if you are lucky and they don't mess it up.

Cancel and while you can and switch to a real energy supplier that actually gives a f**k about customer service, they are an absolute joke!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

702Posts Today

5,052Users online

Martin's Twitter