Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning > Best Place To Park For Wembley Stadium ? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Best Place To Park For Wembley Stadium ?
Closed Thread
Views: 16,035
# 1
WOW Factor 0
smevs
Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Question Best Place To Park For Wembley Stadium ?

I've been lucky enough to bag some tickets for the England v Brazil game at the new Wembley Stadium on 1st June but don't know where to park !

We'll be travelling up the M4 and plan to park up somewhere convenient and get the tube in but has anybody got any recommendations about places to park on the West side of London, near to a suitable tube station for Wembley, that will still be open when we get back late in the evening ??

Cheers all.
# 2
Raspberry Swirl
Old 01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

for 15 you can park next to the stadium. or for prices around 10 you can park in one of the 'not recommended' car parks in the industrial estate next to the stadium also.

by the time you've paid for parking elsewhere, paid for the tube and then spent an hour trying to force your way into the tube station when 70,000+ people are all doing the same after the match, i'd pay 15 and park at the stadium.

usually, you can pre-book your 15 parking on the wembley website.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raspberry Swirl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Graham Lee
Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Cant help you on the car parking but it may be advisable to sell the car before the match if your planning on having a couple of burgers during the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Graham Lee For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
master of puppets
Old 31-01-2009, 10:22 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry Swirl View Post
for 15 you can park next to the stadium. or for prices around 10 you can park in one of the 'not recommended' car parks in the industrial estate next to the stadium also.

by the time you've paid for parking elsewhere, paid for the tube and then spent an hour trying to force your way into the tube station when 70,000+ people are all doing the same after the match, i'd pay 15 and park at the stadium.

usually, you can pre-book your 15 parking on the wembley website.
a friend done this at the foo fighter gig. we didn't . OH and i parked at Stanmore tube and tubed into wembly, we got home at 12.45am (80mile trip), just as our mate left the car park at wembly. so better park a way away and get the tube with the hoards!!
# 5
vivatifosi
Old 31-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

If you're coming up the M4, you could come round the M25 and take the Metropolitan line in. Plenty of choices. I always use Chorleywood. The parking is cheap, the fare is 1 each way with an Oyster card and most people are packed into the trains going just about everywhere else, which means that I generally get a seat, and I've done this tons of times to both the arena and the stadium. You do however need to check that there are no engineering works on the line that weekend though.
Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma:
A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivatifosi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
M4RKM
Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

the only place i'd recommend is for the M1 coming in at J1, st johns wood tube has a pay car park directly opposite...

M
# 7
debsjc
Old 01-02-2009, 6:45 AM

As you come along the north circular, you will see Wembley Stadium signposted down a small road next to a Mcdonalds (just before Ikea) - we parked in a church hall car park just past that Mcdonalds. It was 10 and a half hour walk, but we did escape at the end without sitting in any traffic.

As we walked there were lots of private companies offering their car parks for a fee, so we probably could have parked even closer - they were mostly about 10-15
# 8
PaulA
Old 01-02-2009, 8:46 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymoo View Post
the only place i'd recommend is for the M1 coming in at J1, st johns wood tube has a pay car park directly opposite...

M

Why on earth would you go to St Johns Wood from the M1 to get to Wembley?:confused:

Much better off parking near Dollis Hill or Kingsbury, or getting off at J4 and parking near Cannons Park.
# 9
M4RKM
Old 01-02-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulA View Post
Why on earth would you go to St Johns Wood from the M1 to get to Wembley?:confused:

Much better off parking near Dollis Hill or Kingsbury, or getting off at J4 and parking near Cannons Park.
i was confused last night myself and didn't consult a tube map.
# 10
glenandemm
Old 01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
MoneySaving Convert

ive stopped at watford junction and got on the tube there then on the way back i didnt get one bit of traffic getting onto the motorway.
ive also heard albert square isnt to great for parking especially if theres a market on so stay away from walford!
# 11
Incapuppy
Old 13-05-2009, 11:45 PM

Another 'lets resurrect an old and meaningless thread' - the OP wanted advice two years ago!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Incapuppy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Incapuppy
Old 13-05-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incapuppy View Post
Another 'lets resurrect an old and meaningless thread' - the OP wanted advice two years ago!!!!
Noted that the latest resurrection is due to spam which has been reported
# 13
inspector monkfish
Old 14-05-2009, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incapuppy View Post
actually, i'm quite glad it got resurrected, as i need to find somewhere to park for wembley stadium on july 5th for take that with the missus and kids

was thinking of paying up and parking in the official wembley stadium car park, as it'll be easier than getting tube and walking etc with the kids when we come out, but someone above says its a nightmare to get out of!!

not sure what to do now, so if anyone else has good or bad experiences of this car park, do let me know please.....
# 14
Raspberry Swirl
Old 14-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I have parked there before as mentioned earlier in this thread and didn't have any trouble getting out of the car park. there was slow-moving traffic to get out onto the main road in Wembley but we were on our way within 10 minutes.

I've also got the coach there before and that took about 45 minutes to get out of the car park and on it's way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raspberry Swirl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
inspector monkfish
Old 14-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry Swirl View Post
I have parked there before as mentioned earlier in this thread and didn't have any trouble getting out of the car park. there was slow-moving traffic to get out onto the main road in Wembley but we were on our way within 10 minutes.

I've also got the coach there before and that took about 45 minutes to get out of the car park and on it's way.
thank-you very much
# 16
Moonchild
Old 14-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Everyone I know uses Stanmore Tube Station, it's perfect. A few stops on the tube, heading in the different direction from most of the crowds, great motorway access from there, and 450-ish parking spaces.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moonchild For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
omelette451
Old 14-05-2009, 5:40 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Don't forget that the Chiltern railway line also calls at Wembley, so for many people it may be easier to park at one of their stations and get the train rather than use the tube with everyone else. This applies for pretty much anyone using any part of the M40, which runs parallel to the railway.
# 18
susancs
Old 14-05-2009, 8:02 PM

I agree with moonchild that Stanmore is the best station to park at. 3.20 a day Mon-Fri and only 1 per day weekends. Wembley Park station has a car park at similar rates, but it is a lot smaller and as others had said the traffic is bad after events. Only 4 stops from Wembley Park to Stanmore after the event.
Closed Thread