Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Financial help for New Boiler???
    • 23rd Jan 13, 10:33 AM
    Financial help for New Boiler??? 23rd Jan 13 at 10:33 AM
    Not sure if I am posting this in right place or if anyone can help but I have a problem. We bought this house 4 years ago not knowing ithat the heating didn't work. We were 1st time buyers that were duped by a estate agent.

We managed to get by this long because the boiler still heated the water and the gas fire in the lounge worked. So for the last 4 winters we have used the gas fire to heat downstairs and all slept in one bed with an electric heater. But now we have had a 2nd baby this is impossible. Me & my baby (I'm still on maternity leave) are confided to our lounge all day as its the only room I can adequately heat. And at night I share the double bed with my baby to keep him warm while my husband has to share a single bed with our 5 yr old to keep him warm. Yesterday the gas boiler has broken and stopped heating the water. So all I have is the gas fire in lounge and a power shower for hot water. It's all got too much now.

No one will give us a loan to put in new system as its old back boiler and canyon be repaired & radiatoRSVP have never worked and need replacing too. I've been quoted a min of 3000.

So no one will give us a loan and we are desperate. My husband has a ok job and I'm on maternity pay but we have no savings& can't afford a high interest loan.

Is there any help for us in a situation like this? Im not asking for a handout by any means just wandering if anyone knows of a government or charity scheme that we can pay back a loan for it or something like that.

Anyone have information or advice is greatly appreciated.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,148Posts Today

7,531Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Poor sophie from @itvMLshow hadn't realised what our show t shirts backs say when collecting me from Tory conference

• RT @hselftax: .@MartinSLewis now talking (engagingly) about the need for trust in the energy market. Fiery tone! #CPC15

• Going to my energy debate at Tory conference, protestor outside as I go in heckles "don't do it martin, you'll come out dirty"

• Follow Martin