Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvystudent
    • By savvystudent 22nd Jan 13, 9:30 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 470Thanks
    savvystudent
    Qmee - making money searching the web
    • 22nd Jan 13, 9:30 AM
    Qmee - making money searching the web 22nd Jan 13 at 9:30 AM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

You might also like to read our fully researched Top Cashback Sites guide.

Back to savvystudent's original post...

Has anyone used Qmee.com? I signed up last week via an invite and so far have cashed out £4.30 to my Paypal, and everything looks legit.

The idea is that you install an app in your browser which when you search using Google, Bing, Amazon or eBay sometimes text ads will appear next to the results along with an amount you get for clicking on them. Tends to be around 7-15p depending on the search.

It's still in beta and invite-only but I know there's a few codes around. This is the one I used and still seems to be working https://www.qmee.com/?invite=C9D41FA5
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-07-2016 at 4:03 PM.
Page 28
    • Tinman
    • By Tinman 20th Sep 16, 12:59 PM
    • 646 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    Tinman
    Wilko.........
    • Raspberry Queen
    • By Raspberry Queen 21st Sep 16, 6:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Raspberry Queen
    I nearly joined Qmee today but am concerned about privacy. They basically earn money by collecting data on all your searches and search history and selling it. It's bad enough with the government spying on us. The part that worried me is that on their privacy policy it says: "the right to ask us to close your user account and remove all of the personal data that we hold about you, other than data that we are required to hold under statute;" - what information are they required to hold?
    • Flyonthewall
    • By Flyonthewall 21st Sep 16, 6:40 PM
    • 3,926 Posts
    • 2,689 Thanks
    Flyonthewall
    I nearly joined Qmee today but am concerned about privacy. They basically earn money by collecting data on all your searches and search history and selling it. It's bad enough with the government spying on us. The part that worried me is that on their privacy policy it says: "the right to ask us to close your user account and remove all of the personal data that we hold about you, other than data that we are required to hold under statute;" - what information are they required to hold?
    Originally posted by Raspberry Queen
    No, they don't.

"Brands pay to appear in Qmee's search results. This income is split between you, the shopper, and Qmee. This is an innovative model and at Qmee we want to put you back at the heart of the internet."

"Qmee does not share shoppers' data with third parties, without shoppers' permission. "

From their FAQ. They're not selling anything.

They have to follow the data protection act so any information they did keep would have to be held securely and can only be kept so long. They may keep it in case you contact them after closing the account with a query or legal reasons (e.g. tax purposes).
    • roxy7699
    • By roxy7699 22nd Sep 16, 9:25 AM
    • 1,018 Posts
    • 8,810 Thanks
    roxy7699
    Google: Boots 9p and 7p
    £2016 in 2016 = £144.64 (Apr-£38.41, May-£67.55, Aug-£21.39, Sept-£17.29)
    • MeriCaska
    • By MeriCaska 22nd Sep 16, 2:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MeriCaska
    Thanks for sharing this resource, I used it and get benefits of it.
    • Jada90
    • By Jada90 23rd Sep 16, 4:39 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 3,881 Thanks
    Jada90
    I've had £3.45 in four days just for surveys on Qmee, that's excluding the amount I've made from searches, nice little pocket money earner!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,124Posts Today

8,289Users online

Martin's Twitter