Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • Linton
    • By Linton 18th Sep 14, 3:48 PM
    • 8,344 Posts
    • 8,235 Thanks
    Linton
    mmmm

Timoran Capital was the name of a company dissolved in 2008. There appears to be no record of any other Timoran in the UK in the company lists.

There is a web site http://timorancapital.com. Its contact phone number is as given by the OP. The web site is long on gloss but short on content.
    - it refers to their pension scheme having a relationship with HMRC. No mention of any FCA registration. Coincidentally I cant find Timoran Capital on the FCA Register.
    - the web site states that they have been administering pensions since 1994. Strange that their web site URL was only created in 2013.
    - The guy who registered the URL is (text removed by MSE Forum Team). He was a director of Timoran Capital (dissolved 2008). I cant find him on the FCA register.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 11-11-2014 at 1:23 PM. Reason: Quoting edited post / Personal details
    • Linton
    • By Linton 18th Sep 14, 4:45 PM
    • 8,344 Posts
    • 8,235 Thanks
    Linton
    From the timorancapital web site

We can deliver a unique, cost-effective plan for you to achieve optimum ongoing growth for your pension fund

Our charging structure is simple.
    We charge 1.58% per year. We take the first 5 years in advance so that your charges are fixed allowing all the growth in the first 5 years to be added to your fund. Many of the funds that you will have access to, will have no further charges.
    From year 6 onwards, we will charge 1.58% of the fund value per year, and that’s it

Spot the mathematical mistake in the generous "cost effective plan".
  • anders66
    I'm afraid to say they appear to already have my frozen pension, trouble is I've been chasing them for months about getting something in writing and they never get back to me.
    Am beginning to feel I've been completely duped.
    Can I do anything ????
    Originally posted by janep50
    Hi, I am afraid to say that my money also is with henley retirement benefit scheme, I wasnt informed that timoran capital had taken it over, I contacted them 6 days ago, by email and phone and have received an email saying they will get back to me asap. I was informed by email when my money was transferred over thst I would receive an opening statement and yearly statement, neither of which has materialised....im getting seriously worried and not sure what to do now?
  • kevjarvisuni
    Henley Retirement Planning currently being discussed on Radio 4
    They are discussing Henley and other related companies on BBC Radio 4 'You and Yours' at the moment. I would suggest getting on iplayer or whatever it is and listen to this piece. It appears Henley Retirement Planning is a very bad business and you need to speak to someone to try and get out of it
    New Mortgage Oct 14 £151,965.29
    Current DF Date = Aug 2049!!!
    Target DF Date = Aug 2024
    Overpayments 2014 = £0/£1600
  • nutter12
    hey i to have been stitched up by henleys, and timoran capital is another scam company, the company and tel no, are fake,! and so is mark carter, i have been trying to contact them but they are nowhere to be found, even fraud action cant find them, any body know what we can do next to get our money back,? please let me know,! does anyone have a email address for timoran capital,?
    Last edited by nutter12; 01-11-2014 at 9:03 PM.
  • johnr6060
    Henley and Jackson Francis
    What has (text removed by MSE Forum Team) been able to do.
    I have lost all my funds, I signed over in 2013, to Henley via a referral company Jackson Francis.
    Both have now disappeared with it seems my Pension fund.
    I didn't receive a penny from them, all on a promise of some money when I reached 55.
    I have written called and been to CAB, its all a waste of time.
    Has anyone been able to take things any further than this.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 11-11-2014 at 1:23 PM. Reason: Personal details
    • trevster
    • By trevster 19th Nov 14, 5:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trevster
    I spoke to Mark Carter from Timoran Capital on the same number but ends in 166. He's in hospital and he says that there will be a letter coming out today he hopes to all the members. He said that they've managed to get most of the funds and the rest or interest is in Gibraltar somewhere. Earlier when I spoke to him when I saw the original number, he confirmed that the regulator will be informed and though it did take a long long while, I did indeed receive a letter from the insolvancy service requesting details of Omni Trustees and the pension.

Metis Law - Richard Longton was a name given to me via Storage First as I wanted to know where my money is. I had to phone Storage First initially and they gave me I think their solicitors who in turn gave me Metis Law. Anyway, Metis Law had said that the pension was mishandled rather than gone missing in a boiler room scam.

Mark Carter did say that the regulator were involved and I spose that's why I have the letter.
    Last edited by trevster; 19-11-2014 at 5:19 PM. Reason: addition
  • report-pension-fraud
    Re: Henley retirement benefits scheme. I was told by a Sanderson Clarke representative that my frozen pension would be unlocked and put into a company called Group First. They said I would get 8% return on my £35,000 pension fund. However I recently heard a report on Radio 4's You and Yours saying it is all a scam !! Does anyone know what I should do ??
    Originally posted by janep50
    Hi janep50,
    I was wondering if you got scammed by Sanderson Clarke and Henley Retirement. Have you got any paperwork from them? How do they operate?
    If they are not HMRC registered, then why did your pension administrator authorized the transfer?
  • report-pension-fraud
    Pension Liberation Scam
    The genuine firm must be the one I looked up on the FCA register.

Hopefully, the OP didnt go on to complete the liberation.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    Hi dunstonh

I am trying to build a case against the people that are hiding behing Henley Retirement and I was wondering if you could post some more details about your experience with them.
    Could you elaborate how the whole scam works and how they approached you?
    I have the feeling that they're now operating under a different name.
  • report-pension-fraud
    Pension liberation scam
    hey anyone who, like me, has been taken in by sanderson clarke and the henley retirement benefit scheme and omni trustees, you should now contact timoran capital and speak to mark carter. They have taken over the henley scheme and he is a sound and professional guy. Phone them if you have invested with the henley retirement benefit scheme and fear you may have lost your money. The can be contacted on (text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    Originally posted by bobbybhoy88
    Hi bobbybhoy88,

I am sorry to hear that you have been scammed by Henley Retirement. I've contacted most of the users that wrote on this forum about Henley and I am reaching you too hoping that you could provide information about this ongoing scam.
    I am gathering signatures so that I could get them in court.
    Could you please explain in detail how did they approach you, were they registered with HMRC by the time they transferred your pension, do you have any paperwork left from them ( contracts, leaflets..etc).
    I am doing my best to hold these 'people', if I am indulged to call them so, accountable and get them in prison.
    Unfortunately, I can't do it on my own, I will need signatures from each person that was scammed by them.
    I appreciate you are taking the time to read my email and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
    Robert
  • report-pension-fraud
    Hi, I am afraid to say that my money also is with henley retirement benefit scheme, I wasnt informed that timoran capital had taken it over, I contacted them 6 days ago, by email and phone and have received an email saying they will get back to me asap. I was informed by email when my money was transferred over thst I would receive an opening statement and yearly statement, neither of which has materialised....im getting seriously worried and not sure what to do now?
    Originally posted by anders66
    Hi anders66,

I am sorry to hear that you have been scammed by Henley Retirement.
    Could you please provide more information about this scam.
    I am trying to gather signatures and build a case against the people that are hiding behind this company.
    Do you have any documents left from them? Have you been rushed to sign the contract?
    Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,
    Robert
    • trevster
    • By trevster 25th Feb 16, 11:17 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trevster
    Timoran Capital are now dissolved and their number goes to some marketing company.

The insolvency service has wound up both Omni Trustees and Capital Oak for the mishandling of the pension fund. Also all of the Omni holding in Store First bar a small amount somewhere else in Store First; has gone missing. Where?, I have no idea; but it must have happened after the court ruling.
    • trevster
    • By trevster 26th Feb 16, 5:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trevster
    UPDATE:

A very nice result. I received an email from The Insolvency Service, Omni Trustees and Capital Oak are in liquidation and The Official Receiver had told me the balance of my investment and are still investigating how the scheme was run etc. So I suggest that is what you do, give them your name and address and how much you invested and they will confirm and hopefully tell you the same as what they told me.
    • Sagishi chaser
    • By Sagishi chaser 22nd Apr 17, 4:32 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sagishi chaser
    Timoran Capital Trust appears to be defunct but the main or sole trustee is or was Tristram Michael Norriss. Information about him can be found by putting Tristram Norriss into Google.
    • trevster
    • By trevster 3rd Sep 17, 11:39 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trevster
    Another update

The insolvency service have passed on the pension problem to a pension rescue type company Dalreida or something like that, who are sorting it all out. After that, the Serious Fraud Office have asked me to fill in a form as to what dealings, paperwork etc I've received.

In the midst of this, I contacted FSCS but they can't help unless I find an IFA that was involved in the scheme. So it seems that this Ian dude that claims to be an IFA.....if someone has a surname. Mind you, for 100K and FSCS covers to 85K....might even be a wasted time pursuing.

As for that Mark Carter, his Linkedin account is defunct but there is conveniently another one within the same location as him working for someone else but a different history as to where he's worked before. Tristram Norris is in Hong Kong but has been noted as being very helpful. So I thought I'd look up a few other ex-workers of Omni, Capital oak and they too have defunct linkedin profiles but have new ones. But that Jackson Francis director needs to be in court, along with a few other people.

And they say that there is no such thing as an innocent millionaire.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 4th Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    • 3,077 Posts
    • 4,469 Thanks
    Malthusian
    In the midst of this, I contacted FSCS but they can't help unless I find an IFA that was involved in the scheme. So it seems that this Ian dude that claims to be an IFA.....if someone has a surname. Mind you, for 100K and FSCS covers to 85K....might even be a wasted time pursuing.
    Originally posted by trevster
    The limit is £50k for claims in respect of bad advice against a firm which has gone under. And if you have a valid claim it is only a waste of time pursuing if £50k is irrelevant to you.

But if you did not take advice from an FCA-regulated adviser or have any other claim against a regulated firm it is moot.
    • Sagishi chaser
    • By Sagishi chaser 5th Oct 17, 6:05 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sagishi chaser
    What has happened to Timoran Capital Trust?
    Timoran Capital Trust, aka Timoran Capital SSAS, of which the sole or main trustee is Mr Tristram Michael Norriss, appears to be still in business and run from his home in Hong Kong. Further details can be found by putting Tristram Norriss into Google.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,496Posts Today

6,860Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin