Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• spinningsheep
    • By spinningsheep 19th Jan 13, 4:34 PM
    • 963Posts
    • 749Thanks
    Economy Energy, who are they?
    • 19th Jan 13, 4:34 PM
    Economy Energy, who are they? 19th Jan 13 at 4:34 PM
    Who are these people? Never heard of them, had a rep stop me in the street a few days back and I gather they only offer prepay and the rep told me THEY supply the energy, nobody is behind them like Sainsburys Energy and BG for eg, but their website seems vague!
Page 10
    • jackie1988
    • By jackie1988 1st May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Joined Economy Energy few months ago, they said we would save money wish was a lie.
    Change over thinking it was a good deal as being a single mum. Our Gas meter was broken they said they be out within 3 hrs which was 5 hrs late , having a child under 5 i found this disgusting. They had to reset and put a new meter in but only leaving me with £13:00 pound on the gas , i did not have a card to top up...... I had to bath my daughter at my mates and have food cooked else where. Phoned them up about all the money was put on ,which was took off " There's not much we can do as we are moving back to you're suppler"
    Am moving back to my old suppler

When the guy come out i truly think he didn't do anything as he should of known the meter was a right off , Economy Energy just takes people money not caring about people health

i would not wish this on any one eles , so please do not join
    • kialore
    • By kialore 24th May 17, 7:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just had a call from this company, she was talking about the savings I could get, and I was waiting for the "would you like to sign up" question when all of a sudden she starts going on about having so many days to change my mind after the welcome pack arrives and alarm bells start ringing - as far as i'm aware I haven't agreed to switch at this point, and I say that to her, she then keeps going on about the saving and the cancelation time and I decided that I really didn't like where this was going, so I said I don't want to carry on with this I've changed my mind, she then says she cant understand why when I can save xx amount per year and I said the timing is wrong (i'm going away next week) this isn't convenient and I want it cancelled (even tho I didn't agree to switch) she kept going on about the saving and I could have it all sorted before I go away bla bla bla and talking over me at which point I said your being very pushy and I want it cancelled. After a few moments of this with me repeating that she is being pushy and I want it cancelled (getting firmer and louder the more she tried to talk over me) she finally said that she had done it then said goodbye and hung up. I'm now waiting to see if I get anything further from them - when I called the number back it was just an answer phone message but it did have the option of leaving my name and number if I wanted to be removed from their list
    • Lindagreenacre
    • By Lindagreenacre 2nd Jun 17, 8:17 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Useless company
    We switched to Economy Energy as a result of a search on a comparison site, which showed that Economy Energy would save us money. That still has to be proved. However, I wish that we had never moved. It has been a complete disaster. We signed up on 25 Nov. 2016 and went "live" on 22 Dec. They do not have a website that is fit for purpose. You cannot see your account and all it has is promises of what is to come. Phone calls are not picked up, emails receive auto reply, but often no actual reply. There are promises that the website is being tested and would be up and running soon. Months later, no improvement. We received a statement for our electricity usage (estimated), but they had not included one of the direct debit payments. We received the gas statement several months later. I had been telling them that they had only started taking payments in February - not soon enough. We then got an email in May to say that they would take an extra payment on 31 May. They then took the regular monthly payment one day later on 1 June. We still have no website of any use, no idea what is happening and it is a complete shambles. Avoid at all costs if you value your sanity. We will jump ship at the earliest opportunity.
    • kieran1985
    • By kieran1985 13th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Their website still shows no signs of ever being finished.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

997Posts Today

7,088Users online

Martin's Twitter