Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
  • the dj shop
    hi tomp51

i am looking to invest but did they sort everything for you and most importantly did you get paid
    • Spook007
    • By Spook007 30th Sep 15, 4:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Spook007
    They don't pay out!!!
    They are 6/7 months behind paying out on a 12month month project - Fairway view. Peter who is supposed to be incharge is never around and their head office doesn't have a straight answer to why these returns haven't been paid.
    O sorry they do its excuse after excuse!!!

DONT INVEST - STAY CLEAR, if something seems to good to be true it normally is!
    • Spook007
    • By Spook007 30th Sep 15, 5:04 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Spook007
    Have you been paid out?
    • emmaL12
    • By emmaL12 1st Oct 15, 7:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    emmaL12
    Would not touch this company with a bargepole.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 10-02-2016 at 2:07 PM. Reason: Language
    • DBennett
    • By DBennett 2nd Nov 15, 10:26 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DBennett
    Harewood self internet research
    I have been doing a lot of research over past few days on Harewood. Looked at all their Fully subscribed / completed deals and searching via zoopla & rightmove land registry info sales of properties in those postcodes.

Funny thing is apart from Hapsford Hall development am not finding sold properties. I have found company called Hapsford Hall Ltd Companies House Registration No 08704428 incorporated 24 Sep 2013 and dissolved via voluntary strike off 8 Sep 2015 with same registered address as Harewood.

I have also done a lot of searching on companies registered at Harewood address on under names of those Directors (current and ex Harewood Associates Ltd) and found 10 so far that have been dissolved and several that are listed as dormant. if anyone is interested in info, happy to share names of companies together with companies house registration no's and you can have a look for yourselves.

Hapsford Hall: all properties are listed as sold (from land registry info) - sale prices achieved are approx £120,000 less than projected. I obviously have no idea whether their projection of costs was achieved so it is impossible to glean whether this project did make a profit. Property sales are listed as being between Nov 14 and Apr 15. Whether any investors ever got or made any money again unknown.

Harewoods glossy literature and website certainly suggest that they are experts in their field with plenty of experience, but I am wondering where this is as there just doesn't seem to be evidence from Land Registry or Companies House that these people have the success the claim.

It is interesting that none of their PDF's on any of the developments have dates at all. I have researched: The Knoll, The Green, Bottomley Lock, Hulme Hall (currently on market at £2.5m), Fairway View, Hapsford Hall, Lakeside, Woodland Rise and Heron Reach.

If anyone has any further info would be very interested to hear. Please Private Message me if you don't wish to post info on here.

Many thanks
    • DBennett
    • By DBennett 2nd Nov 15, 10:51 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DBennett
    Harewood annual companies house return
    Something else that is interesting:

2014 Accounts gained from a company check site appear to show the following (rounded) figures for Harewood Associates Ltd Companies House registration no 07467243

Cash £2.1 m Net Worth £110,200 Assets £2.4m and LIABILITIES a whopping £7.9m

There was another Harewood Associates Ltd, registered address 24 Anemone Drive, Haslingden BB$ 6NJ - listed as buy and sell real estate as current company. Whether any connection but this was incorporated on 15/07/02 and shut down 02/11/04.
    • emmaL12
    • By emmaL12 4th Nov 15, 8:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    emmaL12
    Stay clear!!
    • Barry millgate
    • By Barry millgate 10th Nov 15, 12:55 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Barry millgate
    on my research I will not be investing the (text removed by MSE Forum Team) family seem to be reknown in the press and on TV.

The boom: a field day for spivs and shark-
    Paul Charity: Applauds jail sentence handed to (text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    By The PMA Team 14-Jul-2011
    Last updated on 20-Jun-2013 at 17:41 GMT

It's good to see justice arrive on (text removed by MSE Forum Team) doorstep, writes Publican's Morning Advertiser editor, The PMA Team.

The boom: a field day for spivs and sharks

Every decade or so, a collective madness descends upon the property market. The symptoms become so widespread that, at times, it seems almost no one is immune — not individuals, companies nor banks. The prevailing belief is that property is a one-way bet, despite the evidence across the decades of boom and bust.

At one stage, five or so years ago, one in seven new properties in the UK was being bought by investors of Inside Track, a company that claimed "special expertise" in buy-to-let investments and charged people £10,000 up front to attend seminars where its snake-oil salesmen dished out spurious insights.

For two or three years at the top of the market, premiums were being paid for leased pubs that were way too high, draining licensees of capital better spent on the business itself. Seasoned property investors piled into the acquisition of tranches of pubs at 11 or even 12 times earnings, way above the historic average of around eight times. And banks, which should know better, queued up to finance these deals. In the case of Lloyds Bank and Admiral Taverns, the outcome a few years later was a £600m writedown, a pretty quick way of halving the bank's money.

The collective madness was particularly noticeable at the public auction market, where gullible investors were ready buyers of over-priced freehold property. It was a field day for sharks and spivs. The (text removed by MSE Forum Team) family, based in the north-west, loved auctions. (Text removed by MSE Forum Team) generated around £160m at the pub auction market with his Provence vehicle, which sold over-priced freehold pubs to mug investors. The company came crashing down in 2006 shortly after (text removed by MSE Forum Team) London & Edinburgh Swallow Group, another company that developed a taste for the easy pickings of the auction market, toppled over.

Last week (text removed by MSE forum Team), was jailed for three years for defrauding investors in deals exceeding £1.3m. (text removed by MSE forum Team) deceived investors in auctions in 2005 by promoting his S-Mart convenience stores as profitable freehold investments when very little trading was actually being done. Before and during 2005, his company purchased more than 50 low-value commercial retail properties across the country and created 20-year commercial leases to S-Mart for the properties before selling on the freeholds at auction. (Text removed by MSE forum Team) also entered the pub business for a while with a company, Penny Lodge Developments, which, like his brother (text removed by MSE forum Team) Provence, was buying freehold pubs and trying to sell them for big profits at auction, thanks to inflated rents. Thankfully, Penny Lodge was short-lived.

Provence was a slightly different kettle of fish. This, in my view, was a legal scam — just a really poor investment. But as with Inside Track investors, the 'madness' blinded many to the absurd amount of risk involved. The Morning Advertiser did its level best to expose the shortcomings of the Provence and Penny Lodge business models at the time. (It was heart-breaking to meet Provence's naive tenants as they lost money at record speed in the company's massively over-rented pubs.) It's good to see justice arrive on the (text removed by MSE forum Team) doorstep.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 10-02-2016 at 2:11 PM. Reason: Personal details
    • Fionalee
    • By Fionalee 11th Nov 15, 7:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fionalee
    This company really are builders from hell! I drove to two sites allegedly completed by Harewood Associates as I was thinking of investing some time ago only to be swamped by unhappy house purchasers thinking I worked for the company. Unbelievable that Sherwood Homes and Harewood Associates let this happen and are still permitted to build houses to this poor standard. After my findings I will definitely not be investing.
    • Jim Corbett
    • By Jim Corbett 3rd Jan 16, 5:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jim Corbett
    He who sups with the devil should have a long spoon
    If you really like losing money and having a truly miserable experience, go ahead.
    When things start to go wrong and you are stuck with substandard, unsellable buildings you will receive no help from any regulators and even less from Harewood.
    I'm glad to see that these scumbags have been rumbled by so many people in these posts.
    • Jim Corbett
    • By Jim Corbett 3rd Jan 16, 5:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jim Corbett
    How do I private message you?
    • Reaper
    • By Reaper 4th Jan 16, 9:06 AM
    • 5,931 Posts
    • 3,938 Thanks
    Reaper
    How do I private message you?
    Originally posted by Jim Corbett
    Not sure who you mean to PM but click on their name in the margin then choose the Private Message option from the selection.
    • john tucker
    • By john tucker 6th Jan 16, 3:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    john tucker
    Harewood associates
    I think it will take more than Money Saving Expert to Rumble these Scumbags!! Their buildings are more than sub-standard, building a development riddled with Japanese Knot Weed - Pickley Green, Leigh - Building without relevant planning permission, amongst other problems. I would definitely stay clear of this Company, they do not have the best reputation in the world.

I personally am a very dissatisfied home owner and have an unsellable property, snagging problems ignored. Disgraceful customer service.
    • John Daker
    • By John Daker 10th Apr 16, 10:33 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    John Daker
    Hardwood Associates latest development site is The Moorlands, Whiston, Staffs. This is a one a 1 acre site that has been advertised for sale for several years. A copper smelter occupied the site for 120 yrs, finally being demolished in 1900 and has pain undeveloped ever since. The lane it is on is called Black Lane.....no prizes for guessing why !!. The site will require full and careful remediation before it is fit to be used for residential purposes. I can't see how you can have a fixed budget for development when no one knows what lies beneath the ground and the extent of the clean up that is required.
    • DBennett
    • By DBennett 27th Aug 16, 8:45 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DBennett
    Harewood Associates Fairway View Ltd
    This is one of the Harewood Associates developments. On 19/07/2016 Companies House issued 2 month notice of striking off register and being dissolved.

You can find this information easily on Companies House website, company registration no 08755713. Peter Kiely is listed as Director.

I have found 44 companies with Peter Kiely as Director on Companies House website - 10 of which have already been dissolved
    • DBennett
    • By DBennett 28th Aug 16, 12:06 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DBennett
    I have been through Harewood Prospectus and checked against the Land Registry for sales in postcode.

Apart from one, Bottomley Lock OL14 6UQ, which was a one property development, none of their developments appear to have sold. This sold at 94% of anticipated sales price. Details are listed below:

Development Postcode Land Registry sales
    Bottomley Lock OL14 6UQ 1
    Fairway View BD6 1DX 0 Compulsory Strike off notice Companies Hse (update: replaced by voluntary strike off notice on Companies House website)

Keepers Chase PR3 2NA 0
    Lakeside PR4 6JX 0
    The Green CW7 2BA 0
    Woodland Rise SK12 1SJ 0
    Last edited by DBennett; 11-10-2016 at 6:54 AM.
    • Global45
    • By Global45 14th Oct 16, 8:16 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Global45
    Harewood scam
    I invested on Harewood project named Keepers Chase since Aug 2014. Until 14 Oct 2016, I still didn't get my interest + capital back. It was meant to be one year investment in the beginning. They delayed the payment by saying 1 house was still unsold but the other 9 houses were already sold. This is the worst nightmare an investor gets, it is a scam.

Did any other victim share similar fate? Any one taking legal actions or report them to FCA yet? Private message me thanks.
    • AllAboutAlice
    • By AllAboutAlice 14th Oct 16, 8:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AllAboutAlice
    I've seen some of their properties. I'd advise you tread VERY carefully and they have a less than favourable track record. Invest elsewhere.
    • Johnski37
    • By Johnski37 7th Nov 16, 7:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Johnski37
    New 8% scheme being offered
    For those interested, I was doing a search today to invest some savings money, as my bank account rate is now so low. The search engine (google) brought up this said company, under savingsalternative.co.uk offering 8% interest paid monthly on investments of £5,000 and over.
    Most strange how they are still trying to gain funds from unsuspecting savers, telling them their money is safe, with a minimum term of One Year.
    Isn't it about time that firms like these were permanently shut down, as they seem to aim to mislead you? I didn't of course put any of my money with them, it sounded to good to be true and so did some searches. Be careful out there. Is this the same company?

"The interest paid on savings by banks is negligible.
    High interest savings accounts offered by the major banks are virtually non-existent. Anyone who is reliant on their savings to provide regular income needs an alternative investment vehicle.

Introducing the fixed rate investment option from Harewood:
    High Interest of 8% per annum on your savings
    Fixed rate for the whole term of investment
    Monthly interest paid
    Asset backed investment with capital protection
    Invest from only £5,000
    100% approval from hundreds of satisfied clients"
    Last edited by Johnski37; 07-11-2016 at 7:22 PM. Reason: Had to remove internet link to post
    • gahill29
    • By gahill29 16th Nov 16, 10:26 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gahill29
    Harewood Assoc google Ad
    Found this from Harewood Associates today, second ad on search page when I was looking for instant access savings as my ISA rate is being reduced again...

I like the brass neck 100% client satisfaction statement

8% p.a. on your savings - best alternative savings plan‎

fixed rate, monthly interest paid, High interest savings. £5K minimum deposit
    Proven track record · 100% client satisfaction · Safe and secure · Unrivalled opportunity
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,450Posts Today

6,083Users online

Martin's Twitter