Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 35
    • JPears
    • By JPears 7th Jun 17, 9:02 AM
    • 2,840 Posts
    • 802 Thanks
    JPears
    The fuel issue at Amsterdam really isn't an EC, it is inherent in running an airline - no different to a fuel truck breaking down or similar. KLM and the airport should have back up plans in place. since Schipol airport basically IS KLM I don't think they have an arguement. KLM have the ability to claim against a third party for losses.
    I suspect you may need to go to court if KLM don't give in when you send the NBA.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • photome
    • By photome 7th Jun 17, 5:00 PM
    • 12,432 Posts
    • 7,938 Thanks
    photome
    thanks guys. i will give it some thought and may go down the NWNF route.

my first flight would have been due to leave amsterdam for norwich at about 0915 so that was soon after the problem, it doesnt really explain why we got on it at Norwich at 1000 and it didnt leave untill 11.

it was chaos at Schipol with so many people waiting for rescheduled flights
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 7th Jun 17, 5:53 PM
    • 10,489 Posts
    • 6,879 Thanks
    Caz3121
    it doesnt really explain why we got on it at Norwich at 1000 and it didnt leave untill 11.

it was chaos at Schipol with so many people waiting for rescheduled flights
    Originally posted by photome
    When they missed their ATC slot with the delay they need to request a new one. From what you posted it sounds like they boarded everyone as soon as they could to be able to show they were ready to leave as soon as an ATC slot was issued...which turned out not to be till 11 (I have boarded flights before where they actually tell you that they have an ATC slot of 09:30 but they boarded everyone at 08:00... they can then state they are ready and possibly 50% of the time we have left earlier)
    It may have been worsened by the issue at Amsterdam, Although a huge airport they will have a finite number of stands so they will need to get planes out to free up the gates for planes coming in. Huge amount of planning in this stuff and nightmare in these sort of circumstances

good luck - the NWNFs can be a pretty good at telling you when there is no claim so hopefully will be positive
    • bettyboon
    • By bettyboon 10th Jun 17, 12:19 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    bettyboon
    Does anyone know what are rotational air traffic restrictions? KLM are refusing to pay our claim and citing this.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 10th Jun 17, 1:43 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Probably means they lost their slots. Have you put your flight details into an on line flight delay checker like Bottonline or EuClaim if not do it now. If they say you are due compensation download and read Vaubans Guide. Then send a Letter before action all explained in the guide. STOP ping ponging with them and start claiming.
    • bettyboon
    • By bettyboon 10th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    bettyboon
    I have now had two refusals from them, the first just mentioned air traffic control as the reason. Someone on here gave me some advice so I went for it again and now they are saying something slightly different. I think you are right and I am going to the Ombudsman. Thanks for your reply.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 10th Jun 17, 3:59 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    Justice13075
    The advice is not to go to the Ombudsman just follow my advice in the post above yours.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 10th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    • 10,489 Posts
    • 6,879 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I have now had two refusals from them,
    Originally posted by bettyboon
    what do the NWNF sites show? I would check the answers there before you do anything else
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 10th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 4,572 Posts
    • 2,024 Thanks
    Vauban
    I have now had two refusals from them, the first just mentioned air traffic control as the reason. Someone on here gave me some advice so I went for it again and now they are saying something slightly different. I think you are right and I am going to the Ombudsman. Thanks for your reply.
    Originally posted by bettyboon
    What Ombudsman?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,560Posts Today

8,317Users online

Martin's Twitter