Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 84
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Jun 16, 11:05 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I actually booked through a 3rd party called Omega Travel sorry should of said.

Found the flight of flight scanner said Virgin then after booking it confirmed its a Virgin flight operated by Delta.

Yes Manchester to JFK in October this year.
    Originally posted by Slayerx
    If your flight gets cancelled or changed at this early stage you will not be due any EU261 compensation, which is what this thread is about.

Maybe best to ask on the main Flight, Currency and Car Hire thread but I feel Virgin should sort this out for you.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Jun 16, 7:13 AM
    • 9,960 Posts
    • 6,522 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I actually booked through a 3rd party called Omega Travel sorry should of said.

Found the flight of flight scanner said Virgin then after booking it confirmed its a Virgin flight operated by Delta.

Yes Manchester to JFK in October this year.
    As this is a Delta flight (all be it with a VS flight number) EU261 does not apply.
    I am assuming your original flight was a Wednesday since that is the only day of the week the Delta direct flight does not operate
    With the flight being so far away you should have been offered either the changed flight or a refund. EU261 does talk about rerouting but as Delta is a non-EU carrier and your affected flight is departing from outside the EU, EU261 does not apply
    I don't expect either airline have responsibility to provide you costs for the extra hotel night (I doubt your travel insurance would ether), if you still wish to travel on the original dates maybe ask for a refund (if not too late) and look at the flights with American that operated 7 days
    If you don't want to travel back 24 hours later than planned, ask for the flight 24 hours earlier than planned (and maybe see if they will move the outbound flight by 24 hours too)
    • Slayerx
    • By Slayerx 13th Jun 16, 8:00 AM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Slayerx
    Thanks I guess ill just pay for an extra nights accommodation just find it odd that they would cancel a flight 4 months from now.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 065

Savins Goal - £5500/£3500
    Current Debt £1314
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Jun 16, 8:15 AM
    • 9,960 Posts
    • 6,522 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Thanks I guess ill just pay for an extra nights accommodation just find it odd that they would cancel a flight 4 months from now.
    It looks like the schedule from beginning September excludes Wednesdays so everyone that had a Wednesday Delta flight booked would need to be moved onto other flights. If you book far in advance there is always the chance that the schedules may change as they will not be finalised until nearer the date (although it is more usual for the timetables to change in line with clocks changing so end October)
    Another thought to stick to original date would be to request a one-stop flight. Unfortunately you need to deal through your agent rather than direct with airline
    • xssc32x
    • By xssc32x 13th Jun 16, 11:02 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    xssc32x
    Hi, just an update I have just received email from Virgin apologising for sending incorrect info and offering both me and my partner 300 euros each is this value correct and would I be wise to accept?
    Kind regards
    Simon
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 13th Jun 16, 11:24 AM
    • 9,960 Posts
    • 6,522 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Hi, just an update I have just received email from Virgin apologising for sending incorrect info and offering both me and my partner 300 euros each is this value correct and would I be wise to accept?
    Kind regards
    Simon
    Originally posted by xssc32x
    300 euros is the correct compensation amount for a long haul flight that is delayed by over 3 hours and under 4 hours
    • gt568
    • By gt568 12th Oct 16, 12:44 PM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    gt568
    Hey guys

Was due to fly LAS-LGW last friday on VS044. Was delayed 24 hours due to a technical problem and arrived back on the sunday as opposed to the saturday morning.

Anything I should be aware of with Virgin? What are they like to get compo out of?

Many Thanks
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Oct 16, 11:25 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hey guys

Was due to fly LAS-LGW last friday on VS044. Was delayed 24 hours due to a technical problem and arrived back on the sunday as opposed to the saturday morning.

Anything I should be aware of with Virgin? What are they like to get compo out of?

Many Thanks
    Originally posted by gt568
    Hi,

Have a read of previous post on this thread.

Here is a link to recent delays and cancellations by Virgin.

http://www.thevssource.com

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • gt568
    • By gt568 13th Oct 16, 1:16 PM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    gt568
    Seems they won't work with resolver!
    • Leumas Trebor
    • By Leumas Trebor 19th Oct 16, 1:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Leumas Trebor
    Hi All, not been on for a long time as not had anything to update but finally got some good news this week. VS074 7th June 2013, Orlando to Manchester, 25 hour delay, Pilot Sickness, I claimed through EUClaims as I didn't have the time or confidence to go for it myself, and Virgin had turned me down in writing 3 times. They have paid out to euclaims, and I got the money in my account. There were 4 of us (2 adults & 2 kids) and of course there was the fee to be deducted but was still worth it. Just thought this might be useful if anyone else is still thinking about it. Thanks.
    • Shardylan
    • By Shardylan 24th Oct 16, 4:02 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shardylan
    Can anyone advise please .
    We booked a connecting flight through Expedia from Dublin -london(aer lingus ) London -Las Vegas (Virgin)
    Coming home (5th oct ) our flight was delayed so when we landed in Gatwick (due at 9.35 arrive at 9.50) we had arrived too late for our connection to Dublin .Virgin told us to go to the desk for tickets for a later flight (no more information ) we found out the next flight was at 2.35 pm that afternoon .This meant we were delayed by 4.5 hours .As it turned out the flight didn't take off until 3.40 so we were delayed even longer .Virgin have replied To my compensation email saying I was delayed by 13 mins so not entitled to compensation .Surely because they delayed us it was down to them we missed our connection and they are liable to pay out on compensation ? Would really appreciate advise as I've never claimed before .Thanks in advance
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 24th Oct 16, 4:56 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    Justice13075
    This is a perfect example of not leaving enough time between connecting flights. Virgin got you to London that's where their responsibility finishes. Sorry no claim.
    • Shardylan
    • By Shardylan 24th Oct 16, 5:14 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shardylan
    This wasn't my choosing this was the package given .Surely the fact the delay was down to Virgin we could claim against them ?
    • Shardylan
    • By Shardylan 24th Oct 16, 5:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shardylan
    Our flight going left about an hour to connect also so both flights were tight
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 24th Oct 16, 7:36 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Virgin delay was 13 mins you need to be delayed more than 3 hours. Virgin are not responsible for your missed flight in London.
    • Shardylan
    • By Shardylan 24th Oct 16, 8:00 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shardylan
    Seeing Howe it was their flight that was delayed and that caused us to miss our connecting I would have thought they were responsible .If they weren't why would they arrange our connecting flight for later that afternoon ?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 24th Oct 16, 8:09 PM
    • 9,960 Posts
    • 6,522 Thanks
    Caz3121
    It is worth checking with Expedia how they booked this. From what I can see if you want a LAS-DUB flight with the first flight being to LGW with VS, Virgin will book the second leg from LHR with BA rather than from LGW with EI so they may not accept this as a valid connection
    • Shardylan
    • By Shardylan 24th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shardylan
    I know I was able to check in online with Virgin for both legs & the flights were accessable on their site to even get travel miles
    • gt568
    • By gt568 29th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    gt568
    Hey guys

Many Thanks
    Originally posted by gt568
    Well Virgin have agreed to pay out in full for all 4 of us. Only had to fill out there claim form. Result.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,497Posts Today

5,679Users online

Martin's Twitter