Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 137
    • Gorie
    • By Gorie 27th Nov 17, 10:02 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Gorie
    So just as an update - both of my CEDR claims have been rejected. Apparently delays caused by much earlier flight segments does constitute 'extraordinary circumstances'?

I now have 20 days to accept this decision?

I'm quite angry and am wondering what next? No win no fee? Not accept the decision?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 27th Nov 17, 10:27 PM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    CEDR, (if the information given by you, and gathered by Tyzap is/are correct) are completely wrong. I am surprised.
    I would reject the decision just so that it is not binding on either party.
    Unfortunately I don't think there is any appeal to the ADR.
    Have you put your flight details into an online checker such as Botts?

How many of you were delayed on the flights?
    It may be time to consider going legal DIY, with assistance here. Or go NWNF.
    How much defence did EJ submit to CEDR? If not much then you could post it up here. If its considerable then link it to a dropbox account (redacted).
    Last edited by JPears; 07-12-2017 at 2:55 PM.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 27th Nov 17, 10:58 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Tyzap
    So just as an update - both of my CEDR claims have been rejected. Apparently delays caused by much earlier flight segments does constitute 'extraordinary circumstances'?

I now have 20 days to accept this decision?

I'm quite angry and am wondering what next? No win no fee? Not accept the decision?
    Originally posted by Gorie
    Hi Gorie,

That's very disappointing, CEDR seem to have got both of these decisions wrong. You cannot do anything about that now so just put it behind you.

There is no point accepting their decision, so just reject it.

You could now go down the MCOL route or NWNF solicitor, but perhaps first double check by using a couple of online delay calculators as JP suggests.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • BigAggs
    • By BigAggs 30th Nov 17, 10:34 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BigAggs
    EasyJet Flight EXY138 - Belfast to Manchester
    If anyone was booked on Easyjet Flight EZY138 from Belfast Int to Manchester on 18 August – 21.20/22.20 that was cancelled, please note that you are entitled to €250 compensation. Airlines will do everything in their power to deter people from what is rightfully theirs by spurting out jargon like “extraordinary circumstances” but don’t let that stop you from taking it further. I went to the CEDR against them, for the second time now, and won so please feel free to use my name if you want to claim compensation. Stand up for yourselves people! Aggs 2 – Easyjet 0
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 30th Nov 17, 11:16 AM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Well done BigAggs

Can you give some details of how it all went? In particular details of the reason for the delay and what EJ used as an excuse and also how the CEDR process went.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 30th Nov 17, 11:32 AM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Well done.
    It would be nice if airlines, 12 years on from the introduction of the regulation, didn't continue to put procrastination, specious arguments, misinformation and lies in the way of passengers claiming the compensation for often considerable inconvenience.
    We can live in hope.

• BigAggs
    • By BigAggs 1st Dec 17, 12:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BigAggs
    Hi Tyzap

Our flight was cancelled at the very last minute and we were not given a reason until I contacted them and they said it was due to “bad weather”. The EasyJet staff at Belfast Airport confirmed to everyone that they would be entitled to compensation but I quickly learned from my previous experience that the word of any EasyJet staff member is to be taken with a pinch of salt. I took the matter to CEDR and EasyJet sent quite a large brief in defence sighting staffing issues etc. I of course challenged this as their staff being too tired to fly wasn’t the problem of the passengers and that they should have stand by staff and aircraft on hand for unforeseen circumstances. The CEDR agreed that there was bad weather earlier in the day in another country but that EasyJet did not take reasonable measures to be prepared for incidents like this and therefor, did not reroute passengers on a later flight.
    • BigAggs
    • By BigAggs 1st Dec 17, 12:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    BigAggs
    What airlines get away with is ridiculous. They should be wearing a mask when they’re selling tickets! I think the law is clamping down now though on the “get out of jail free” clauses that they hide behind. Good to see cases being won more and new rules in place to protect consumers.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 1st Dec 17, 12:50 PM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    EJ are one of the worst.
    You hope for safety sake, that their maintenance staff have bertter morals and work ethic with the aircraft...

• mica2
    • By mica2 7th Dec 17, 2:50 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    mica2
    I'm very pleased to update everyone that our claim was accepted by CEDR! They agreed that the delay caused by adverse weather was a knock on delay to a previous flight and that EJ didn't do enough to avoid the delay. I'm so happy and wanted to thank everyone who helped me with this.
    I'm really surprised Gorie was declined though as I'm pretty sure your claim was similar to mine as EJ sent us someone else's claim by mistake which was the same as Gorie's flight. i'd definitely dispute it or go through no win no fee.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 7th Dec 17, 2:56 PM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Well done mica. Silly silly EJ.
    Any update Gorie?

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 7th Dec 17, 3:48 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Well done mica2

It gives everyone else some hope.
    • knack92
    • By knack92 9th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    knack92
    Good to hear CEDR found in your favour mica2 and sorry that they didn't in your case Gorie.

I previously posted (see here) about my flight delay (similar circumstances to mica2 and Gorie) and received helpful guidance. EasyJet denied my claim so I took it to CEDR and EJ have now filed a defence.

I'd really appreciate if someone had the time to read through it and provide their thoughts. If you can do this please reply and I'll send you a link to it once I've uploaded it to (probably) Dropbox.

On a more general note, EJ failed to meet the deadline for providing their defence and added it to the portal the next day. Any thoughts on this?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Dec 17, 1:01 PM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    knack - the delay in submitting happens, airlines abuse systems, whether it be passengers rights, the law, ADRs and the courts.
    Don't let it distract you but if you can point it out to CEDR as typical of their disdain for your complaint/claim it won't do any harm.

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 9th Dec 17, 1:30 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I'd really appreciate if someone had the time to read through it and provide their thoughts. If you can do this please reply and I'll send you a link to it once I've uploaded it to (probably) Dropbox.
    Originally posted by knack92
    If you can provide a link we will give you our opinions. They are often filled with waffle to confuse.

Good luck.
    • knack92
    • By knack92 9th Dec 17, 3:02 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    knack92
    knack - the delay in submitting happens, airlines abuse systems, whether it be passengers rights, the law, ADRs and the courts.
    Don't let it distract you but if you can point it out to CEDR as typical of their disdain for your complaint/claim it won't do any harm.
    Originally posted by JPears
    Thanks. It was my plan to mention it at some point in my response.

If you can provide a link we will give you our opinions. They are often filled with waffle to confuse.

Good luck.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    Yeah I've read it twice now and from my layman point of view would say there is a lot of waffle in it.

I'll send you a link to the file.
    Last edited by knack92; 09-12-2017 at 3:10 PM.
    • mica2
    • By mica2 9th Dec 17, 4:16 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    mica2
    Thanks everyone! Good Luck Knack92! If I can help anyway I'll try. I just looked at what someone else wrote on here recently and just reworded it slightly. Kept it factual and just argued that the knock on delay wasn't an extraordinary circumstance like they kept insisting. Just stand your ground and try to pick holes in their argument.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,562Posts Today

7,638Users online

Martin's Twitter