Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 115
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Jul 17, 12:11 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    Justice13075
    You must have a credit card bill or a bank statement. Don't forget evidence in a civil court is less than a criminal court. If you can persuade a judge you were on that flight that's enough and with a statement you should be fine. Send proof of payment to Easyjet along with copies of receipt and boarding passes if they won't accept that tell them see you in court.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    • 854 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Justice is right, supply all the evidence you have and that should suffice. They just need to see some convincing evidence that you did purchase that particular flight, I wouldn't expect them to just take anyone's word for it.

It's beginning to look like you are almost there so press on and be patient.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • PaulH1
    • By PaulH1 11th Jul 17, 2:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaulH1
    Flight Delay and change after 5 hour delay
    Hi. I was travelling up to Edinburgh, and was due to leave at 8.15am, and land in Edinburgh at 9.40am. I checked in, and got through Security. The flight was then delayed to 10.00am, then delayed to 12.00pm, then delayed again to 2.00pm. We were advised by the Easyjet staff to book on the 1.35pm flight, which I did. This flight was also delayed, and I didn't land into Edinburgh until 4.40pm.
    I have claimed for compensation, and Easyjet refuse because I did not travel on the original flight. Is this correct? Have I lost out because I followed the advise of Easyjet ?
    Could anyone please advise on my next course of action.
    • Beautiful-Moose
    • By Beautiful-Moose 11th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Beautiful-Moose
    Me again!

So I rang the complaints department instead of going through to customer service and explained all again to them. They looked at what I had already supplied and agreed there and then that an invoice wouldn't be needed and processed the payment for my flights!! I am a little worried that I had to give them my card details again in order for the money to go through to my account but I live in hope that in 5-7 working days I will have the majority of my money back! I hope this saga is over!
    • FlameCloud
    • By FlameCloud 11th Jul 17, 2:54 PM
    • 1,766 Posts
    • 825 Thanks
    FlameCloud
    Hi,

First time I have ever been in a situation like this so bear with me – will try and be as concise as possible.

I was on an Easyjet flight (EZY1973 on the 22/6/17 from Manchester to Paphos) that was cancelled overnight due to the gate staff not screening one of the passengers correctly, which resulted in us sitting on the tarmac for around three hours, before being taken back to the gate and offloaded around 4 hours after we should have left.

The incident basically arose because a young man as part of a group used the wrong boarding card, which was not compared correctly against his passport and as a result he boarded. The mistake was found by the crew after a head count and he was eventually offloaded and they crew were then out of hours, resulting in an overnight delay. The story was in the local press –

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-easyjet-flight-delayed-13227373

I have made a claim for compensation for a delay of over three hours and Easyjet have rejected the claim citing adverse weather conditions and therefore outside of their control.

Is it is common for an airline to outright lie in this manner? I have screen shots of their app at the time confirming the actual reasons as well as photos of the police incident itself.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 11th Jul 17, 3:26 PM
    • 679 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Hi,

Is it is common for an airline to outright lie in this manner? .
    Originally posted by FlameCloud
    I really needed a good laugh this afternoon, thank you
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Jul 17, 3:26 PM
    • 854 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Me again!

So I rang the complaints department instead of going through to customer service and explained all again to them. They looked at what I had already supplied and agreed there and then that an invoice wouldn't be needed and processed the payment for my flights!! I am a little worried that I had to give them my card details again in order for the money to go through to my account but I live in hope that in 5-7 working days I will have the majority of my money back! I hope this saga is over!
    Originally posted by Beautiful-Moose
    From tears of sorrow to tears of joy, well done
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 11th Jul 17, 3:31 PM
    • 679 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    legal magpie
    To Paul H 1.
    The last thing airlines need is passengers who think. You are fully entitled to claim especially as you followed their advice.
    Download Vauban's guide (just search for it) and follow his advice.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 11th Jul 17, 3:41 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Definition of a Lie.

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. ... the charge or accusation of telling a lie: ... to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.

Do you think the airlines would do that

Me Too
    • billybraggtastic
    • By billybraggtastic 12th Jul 17, 11:48 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    billybraggtastic
    My flight was cancelled on Tuesday (Stansted to Glasgow). I've seen reference to Vauban's guide which I will look into. Alternative arrangements were being offered for 24hrs later, which we were not prepared to accept as childcare and work commitments were causing concern. Easy jet rep told us to make alternative arrangements and all receipts would be reimbursed.

Could someone clarify the following:
    1. Should I be looking for compensation, refund, reimbursement or all three?
    2. Can we make a joint claim? There were 6 of us travelling on 2 separate bookings so some receipts are for our combined expenses.
    3. My partner is eager to follow Easyjet's claim form - is this the best route? I am concerned that the easy path is loaded in their favour.
    4. The cancellation was announced as 'due to operational reasons' - what does this mean and how and where is it officially recorded.

Tafornow Billybraggtastic
    Debt @ January '10 =£79712

Debt @ November 2015 =£00000
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Jul 17, 8:44 AM
    • 2,886 Posts
    • 814 Thanks
    JPears
    You need to download and read Vauban's guide. All your anwers will be there.
    You should claim:
    compensation under reg 261/2004, if the cancellation was due to an EC such as weather or ATC affecting your flight. Operational reasons usually are not an EC.
    either a refund or flights or reimbursment of your alternative arrangments, which ever is the greater.
    Any additional expenses such as food and accomadation.
    Keep the reg 261/2004 seperate, for sake of clarity.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Rickster1978
    • By Rickster1978 14th Jul 17, 10:51 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Rickster1978
    Flameacloud, I came on to this forum to ask about this as well. My mother and step father were due to fly back on the plane that you were going out on. They were stranded in Paphos and basically had to sort out a hotel for the night as the airport staff pretty much dumped them outside the airport.

I've told them to claim and just like you they've been told it was down to the weather. The staff even told them at the airport it was due to an incident at Manchester. At no point did anyone mention weather. She's waiting for a reply after going back to them and saying that. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Ricky
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 15th Jul 17, 12:05 AM
    • 904 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Hi, are you asking a specific question? to pre-empt you put your parents flight details into bottononline and euclaim flight checkers to see if they believe your parents have a claim.
    • Rickster1978
    • By Rickster1978 15th Jul 17, 7:21 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Rickster1978
    I came on to see what people had done when easyJet had lied about the reasons for flight cancellations. I spotted that someone was in the same position with the same company so replied to their post.

Im waiting on easyJet as we've gone back and questioned their initial reply.
    • Jayb9998
    • By Jayb9998 15th Jul 17, 8:13 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jayb9998
    Quick question guys I was at Newcastle airport travelling to antlya in 2015 my planes previous journey was Belfast to Newcastle but because of thunderstorms earlier in day at Newcastle it was DIVERTED to Manchester which meant over 4 hour delay for us when our flight was scheduled to leave the skies where blue there where flights coming in and out the full time we where waiting for our plane would I be entitled to compensation as it was a knock on effect from previous flight I've hit a brick wall with easyjet my next option county court is it a valid claim on circumstances described thanks
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 15th Jul 17, 9:16 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Yes you are but put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say. They will also tell you how much compensation. Then google and download Vaubans guide and send a letter before action to Easyjet. All explained in the guide.
    Where is Antiya? several on the map.
    • QuestionThrowaway
    • By QuestionThrowaway 16th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    QuestionThrowaway
    Hi, this is my first time experiencing something like this so if I haven't included enough or too much let me know.

I was flying with a group of 5 others from Gatwick to Palma de Mallorca Airport on the 1st July 2017 on flight EZ8635, the flight was subsequently delayed by around 3h 30m. A few days after we got back the main guy who had arranged everything on the holiday put in a compensation claim on the EasyJet website as we all read online that if a flight was delayed by more than 3 hours you are entitled to compensation. Around 5 days later he got a response stating that EasyJet rejected the claim as we booked as a part of a package deal, we booked through On The Beach, it wasn't a package deal it was simply them finding the cheapest flights. So simply, EasyJet flight was delayed by 3h 30m, compensation claim was rejected as we book as part of a package deal when in fact we didn't, how do we go from here?

Also, is it worth pursuing it myself as one guy put in the claim for the whole group or is this required?

Thanks!
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 16th Jul 17, 8:01 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    Justice13075
    EuClaim say you are due €250 per passenger. It makes no difference regarding package holidays even if it was a package holiday. EasyJet are Liable not On The Beach.
    Last edited by Justice13075; 16-07-2017 at 8:10 PM.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 16th Jul 17, 8:09 PM
    • 10,587 Posts
    • 6,931 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Are you sure of those flight details, EuClaim cannot find a record with those details.
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    U28635 or EZY8635 work in EUClaim (and says €250 due)
    • FlameCloud
    • By FlameCloud 17th Jul 17, 11:07 AM
    • 1,766 Posts
    • 825 Thanks
    FlameCloud
    Flameacloud, I came on to this forum to ask about this as well. My mother and step father were due to fly back on the plane that you were going out on. They were stranded in Paphos and basically had to sort out a hotel for the night as the airport staff pretty much dumped them outside the airport.

I've told them to claim and just like you they've been told it was down to the weather. The staff even told them at the airport it was due to an incident at Manchester. At no point did anyone mention weather. She's waiting for a reply after going back to them and saying that. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Ricky
    Originally posted by Rickster1978
    I had the standard response from Easyjet advising me of my right to forward to CEDR, to which I replied saying I disagreed. Main points were-

1. Captain and Ground Staffs own statements at the time
    2. 'Adverse Weather' was directly contradictory to their own press statement
    3. 'Adverse Weather' directly contradictory to their own app about reasons for delay.
    4. None of the checkers report any adverse weather for this flight.

I also sent an email to the MEN and copied in Easyjet Press office to say that EJ were now saying that this hadn't happened at all.

To my surprise I woke up to an email from EJ saying that the email declining the claim was a system generated one sent in error (which is in itself a lie) and that I was due it, and that it would be paid into my account within 7-10 days.

Will see if it is actually paid.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,217Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin