Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 146
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 18th Jan 17, 8:34 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi,

Update - Bott & Co contacted me on Friday to say that they have now received the correspondence from Jet 2 which was submitted to the court and they can no longer act on a no win no fee basis as they believe that the court will rule in favour of the airline.

Feel like it's been a total waste of time.

Our options were to continue with the court proceedings however we would have to pay Bott & Co to do this and to be honest it wouldn't be worth it as the compensation we would receive would be less than the legal fees.

Hopefully others have more luck with their claims.
    Originally posted by Charlene6
    Hi Charlene6,

Trying to read between the line, it may well be that the door problem pushed the delay up to, say 2h45m. But not a claimable delay. At this point the aircraft had now missed it's take off slot with ATC, causing a further delay.

If the new slot's departure time then further delayed the aircraft causing it to become claimable, Jet2 may be able to argue it was this which triggered the delay, not the original fault. In this case it may not be worth Botts or yourself risking what a court may decide.

Conversely, you could argue to the court that had the earlier technical delay not occurred in the first place then a short ACT delay would not have caused a claimable delay.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • Justgoofy
    • By Justgoofy 11th Feb 17, 10:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Justgoofy
    Jet 2 and Resolver
    I lodged a complaint with Jet 2 regarding LS2122 SOF-MAN (28/01/17) on Wednesday just gone (08/02/17). I received an automated reply almost immediately announcing their aim to reply within 21 days. The following day I received another email which included the following:

All correspondence regarding delays and EC Regulation 261/2004, including any requests for an update of an open claim, must be submitted in writing.

Please ensure the following is included in initial correspondence:

Passenger names
    Booking reference
    Date of travel
    Flight number
    Copy of booking confirmation or boarding pass

Please note, without all the information required, we will be unable to consider your correspondence.

Please send all correspondence to the following postal address: EC 261/2004 Team, Customer Services, PO Box 284, Leeds LS11 1GE.

It would seem that Jet 2 are following Ryanair's example and making the process as difficult as possible ...
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 11th Feb 17, 11:20 AM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    I lodged a complaint with Jet 2 regarding LS2122 SOF-MAN (28/01/17) on Wednesday just gone (08/02/17). I received an automated reply almost immediately announcing their aim to reply within 21 days. The following day I received another email which included the following:

All correspondence regarding delays and EC Regulation 261/2004, including any requests for an update of an open claim, must be submitted in writing.

Please ensure the following is included in initial correspondence:

Passenger names
    Booking reference
    Date of travel
    Flight number
    Copy of booking confirmation or boarding pass

Please note, without all the information required, we will be unable to consider your correspondence.

Please send all correspondence to the following postal address: EC 261/2004 Team, Customer Services, PO Box 284, Leeds LS11 1GE.

It would seem that Jet 2 are following Ryanair's example and making the process as difficult as possible ...
    Originally posted by Justgoofy
    That's actually quite straight forward and certainly Jet2 have always operated this way. Most of the info they are requesting IMHO is the minimum that they require to process the claim.

I'm surprised they aren't asking for the boarding passes!

Good luck

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!
    If I've helped you, please help us HERE!
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Feb 17, 11:23 AM
    • 742 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Yes they are past masters of the art, as many of us have found out.

I would submit your details as requested but stick to a reasonable time to hear back from them, say 14 or 21 days.

They have, thus far, refused to join a CAA recommended ADR scheme so you can either go down the MCOL route or talk to a Flight Delay Solicitor.

Read 'Vaubans guide' found via Google and post any questions here.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 11th Feb 17, 1:53 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    I lodged a complaint with Jet 2 regarding LS2122 SOF-MAN (28/01/17) on Wednesday just gone (08/02/17). ...
    Originally posted by Justgoofy
    Just out of interest, can you tell us a bit more about the delay and we can tell you if we think you are entitled to compensation under EU261/2004
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!
    • Gallows20
    • By Gallows20 10th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Gallows20
    Hi, I was also on flight LS2122 from SOF to MAN on 28th January. I completed the letter template from MSE and submitted my claim in early February. This morning I received a letter from Jet2 with a cheque for 340.20. A great result! ����

I also tried to claim on behalf of four other travelers in our party but Jet2 have said that they need written permission from each person in order to process these claims. Is it as simple as a letter from each person and sending them all in to Jet2 or am I better doing something else? Anyone found this with airlines or Jet2? It seems a reasonable request to me.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 11th Mar 17, 12:10 AM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    Hi, I was also on flight LS2122 from SOF to MAN on 28th January. I completed the letter template from MSE and submitted my claim in early February. This morning I received a letter from Jet2 with a cheque for 340.20. A great result! ����

I also tried to claim on behalf of four other travelers in our party but Jet2 have said that they need written permission from each person in order to process these claims. Is it as simple as a letter from each person and sending them all in to Jet2 or am I better doing something else? Anyone found this with airlines or Jet2? It seems a reasonable request to me.
    Originally posted by Gallows20
    J2 have paid your claim, so there should be no problem for others in your party to claim, in this instance I think their request is not unreasonable so get all members of your party to lodge a claim.

Trust me, that's a good result from J2
    • Gallows20
    • By Gallows20 13th Apr 17, 4:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Gallows20
    Update on flight LS2122 from SOF to MAN on 28th January. Four further cheques received yesterday for the other passengers in our party. An excellent result and, thanks to all the information on this site, a pretty easy process.
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 13th Apr 17, 8:22 AM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    a pretty easy process.
    Originally posted by Gallows20
    Trust me, it hasn't always been.

Congratulations on your success and thanks for letting us know the outcome
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

90Posts Today

2,068Users online

Martin's Twitter