Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 111
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Jul 17, 7:34 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    informed today by email, flight is november 30th, ryanair has cancelled its entire route to ukraine and pulled out of the country and deal it had with ukraine
    Originally posted by garylaw
    Look into using the ADR supplier that RA have signed up to.

It's free and a quick call to them should reveal if they will accept your complaint, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 11th Jul 17, 7:57 PM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 2,161 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Look into using the ADR supplier that RA have signed up to.

It's free and a quick call to them should reveal if they will accept your complaint, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Originally posted by Tyzap
    Except time and hassle.

OP is entitled to have the airfare refunded. Ryanair are not liable for his hotel costs. The ADR (Retail Ombudsman) will only follow the law.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Jul 17, 10:57 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Except time and hassle.

OP is entitled to have the airfare refunded. Ryanair are not liable for his hotel costs. The ADR (Retail Ombudsman) will only follow the law.
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    The ADR provider for RA is CDRL (Consumer Dispute Resolution Ltd) and they will independently look into any disputed claim.

This includes EC261 claims, damaged and lost baggage, misselling and claims for associated costs and expenses, all within the law.

The op booked their flights with RA in good faith, it was RA who decided, for whatever reason, not to supply those flights, leaving many passengers with additional costs and expenses. Whether CDRL will agree with the op, well there's only one way to find out.

I'm sure that any fair minded person would agree that RA should repay those costs and expenses.

As for time and hassle, your right, perhaps RA should voluntarily make a contribution towards those cost too after putting a lot of passengers to a lot of trouble.
    Last edited by Tyzap; 11-07-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    • themass
    • By themass 12th Jul 17, 11:50 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    Ryanair cancellation and delay
    Hi folks hope someone can help.
    Whilst at Tenerife 27/6/17 we checked our luggage in for our return flight to Birmingham, we then as you do tried to go through security and was turned around by staff telling us 4 hour delay ( a tire had burst on the runway) we moaned and groaned but got on with it,
    Whilst we were in the Ryanair queue well over an hour we were told by their staff the flight had been cancelled, and hey presto i got a email to confirm this, we were told by Ryanair staff to find our own flights back the next day as you can imagine they had already gone so long was the queue, we were then told find another Airline and keep your proof for a refund, Jet2 £212, we paid that, whilst i was trying to get my Ryanair refund online it would not let me, we were then told to go to arrivals for our luggage back and find a hotel for the night, when we got there they refused and said your flight is back on? well im not one to swear but!, so off we went after being convinced we would get our money back,, we got back to Birmingham after a 3.14min delay, Ryanair claim they will not refund me And Natwest travel insurance will not touch it, can anyone help or advise please.
    Steve
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi themass,

There is a very active thread for all things Ryanair related.

Please copy and paste you post onto that dedicated thread and you will receive a reply.

Thanks.
    • themass
    • By themass 12th Jul 17, 12:17 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    Where, i have not used the forum for a while. thanks
    • themass
    • By themass 12th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    Hi folks hope someone can help.
    Whilst at Tenerife 27/6/17 we checked our luggage in for our return flight to Birmingham, we then as you do tried to go through security and was turned around by staff telling us 4 hour delay ( a tire had burst on the runway) we moaned and groaned but got on with it,
    Whilst we were in the Ryanair queue well over an hour we were told by their staff the flight had been cancelled, and hey presto i got a email to confirm this, we were told by Ryanair staff to find our own flights back the next day as you can imagine they had already gone so long was the queue, we were then told find another Airline and keep your proof for a refund, Jet2 £212, we paid that, whilst i was trying to get my Ryanair refund online it would not let me, we were then told to go to arrivals for our luggage back and find a hotel for the night, when we got there they refused and said your flight is back on? well im not one to swear but!, so off we went after being convinced we would get our money back,, we got back to Birmingham after a 3.14min delay, Ryanair claim they will not refund me And Natwest travel insurance will not touch it, can anyone help or advise please.
    Flight number FR1122
    Steve
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Jul 17, 1:08 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi themass,

Thanks for reposting.

UNBELIEVABLE, are you sure you're not making this up? No I'm only joking.

RA's incompetence is breathtaking at times and extremely frustrating when you are caught up in it.

RA are responsible for your loss and there are mechanisms in place to reclaim your expenses should they not see sense for which we may have to call upon the good Dr Watson, expert in all things RA.

Before you go to too much trouble tho it may be worth just giving them a call, if you haven't already, to see if they want to play hardball with you.

I'll dig a little deeper cos I suspect they changed aircraft at TFS at the last minute.

Good luck for now.
    • themass
    • By themass 12th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    Hi yes i have proof of cancellation, then a purchase of Jet2 flight, then another for re scheduled flight and then another for delay.
    Their reply
    Our Ref: 1599363/BN495P

Dear Mr Marshall,

I refer to your letter dated 03/07/2017.

We sincerely regret the delay of your flight FR1122 from Tenerife South to Birmingham on the 27/06/2017, which was due to an incident at the runway.

However, as this delay was unexpected and therefore outside Ryanair’s control we regret to advise that no monetary compensation is due under EU Regulation 261/2004.

Nevertheless, if you purchased food or refreshments during the delay please submit your reasonable receipted expenses for our review by clicking on the below link.

In order to speed up the process please add your bank details:

https://complainttracker.ryanair.com/

You can also track the status of your claim by clicking on this link.

Thank you for flying with us and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on–board another Ryanair flight again soon.

Yours sincerely

For and on behalf of

RYANAIR LIMITED

Customer Services
    Last edited by themass; 12-07-2017 at 1:16 PM.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Jul 17, 1:37 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi themass,

That was the day a J2 A330 from Manchester burst 3 tyres when it landed and then blocked the runway for a number of hours.

Eventually I believe some aircraft that were stuck on the ground were allowed to depart. That will be why they changed their minds about your departure to Birmingham.

Although it was a rapidly changing situation, you only followed the instructions given by RA. For that reason I believe you are due a full refund of the additional flights that you were advised to purchase.

Have you tried to discuss it with them? They should see sense when they see the email to you with regards to making your own arrangements.

Good luck.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi again,

Having given this some further thought it may boil down to you being able to prove what you were told about booking your own flights. Was this in the email or verbally given by staff on the ground?

The overall situation will be regarded as an extraordinary circumstance, meaning no EC261 compensation is due so we are just looking at getting your costs back.

Were others also told the same as you and can anyone support what you were told? Not a problem if it's in writing tho.

Good luck
    • themass
    • By themass 12th Jul 17, 6:37 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    Hi we got this
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,
    Confirmation of Ryanair Cancelled Flight for Insurance Claim Re: Booking Confirmation BN495P
    The!information!below!will!assist!you!(if!required )!with!a!Travel!Insurance!Claim:
    We!confirm!that!the!below!named!passenger(s)!were! booked!to!travel!with!Ryanair!and!unfortunately!on e!of!the
    flight(s)!in!their!flight!itinerary!was!cancelled
    See!the!below!flight!booking!details:
    Booking!Confirmation:!BN495P/2
    Passenger!name(s): MR!Steven!Marshall,!MRS!Pamela!Marshall
    Going!from: Birmingham!(BHX)!to!Tenerife!South!(TFS)
    Flight!FR1121!depart!BHX!on!20-06-2017!at!14:15!arrive!TFS!on!20-06-2017!at!18:50
    Coming!Back:!Tenerife!South!(TFS)!to!Birmingham!(B HX)
    Flight!FR1122!depart!TFS!on!27-06-2017!at!19:25!arrive!BHX!on!27-06-2017!at!23:45
    Yours!sincerely,
    Ryanair Customer Services
    Ryanair Holdings plc (Company No. 24
    • themass
    • By themass 12th Jul 17, 6:38 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    We got that after being told to find replacement flights by airport staff.
    also delay proof
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,
    Confirmation of Ryanair Flight Delay for Insurance Claim Re: Booking Confirmation BN495P
    The below details will assist you with your Insurance Claim
    Booking Confirmation: BN495P/2
    Passenger name(s): MR Steven Marshall, MRS Pamela Marshall
    Going Out: Birmingham (BHX) to Tenerife South (TFS) Flight FR1121 depart BHX on 20-06-2017 at 14:15 arrive
    TFS on 20-06-2017 at 18:50
    Coming Back: Tenerife South (TFS) to Birmingham (BHX) Flight FR1122 depart TFS on 27-06-2017 at 19:25
    arrive BHX on 27-06-2017 at 23:45
    Flight FR1122 from Tenerife-South to Birmingham arrived with a 3 hour(s) 14 minute(s) delay
    Yours sincerely
    Ryanair Customer Services
    Last edited by themass; 12-07-2017 at 6:42 PM.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Jul 17, 9:52 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi themass,

I believe that NWNF claims companies would not be willing to take on your case, so that leaves you with the DIY option.

If you are willing to pursue the airline yourself you have two options, use CDRL who provide ADR services for RA. This is a free service and I would give them a call as a first step.

The second option is more formal and uses the European Court Procedure, details of which are contained in the great guide produced by Dr Watson in the following link.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64457359&postcount=569

I think you should look into and consider both option before deciding what to do.

Good luck.
    • themass
    • By themass 13th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    Crazy this, we only followed instruction.
    What about the delay. anything there? why do they send me so called proof.
    What is CDRL short for.
    Thanks
    Last edited by themass; 13-07-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 13th Jul 17, 10:54 AM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    The delay is classed as an EC, so nothing there .

The other confirmation emails are to assist an insurance claim.

You followed verbal instructions and reacted quickly, quite understandable under the given circumstances, but now that they are denying you a refund the onus is on you to prove what actually happened. Which is why I asked if anyone else could corroborate you story or if it was in an email.

Did any other passengers also re book flights that you know of? As that would obviously help.
    • themass
    • By themass 13th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    The other confirmation emails are to assist an insurance claim, my travel insurance right? there were lots who left the airport before us, no one we knew there were police and all sorts as it was getting out of hand, the Ryanair airport staff were useless, just handed out complaint forms and told us to re book. it is common sense why book another flight unless told to do so.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Jul 17, 1:05 PM
    • 2,984 Posts
    • 846 Thanks
    JPears
    If the flight actually left in the end, then the passenger could claim denied boarding?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 13th Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    • 924 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    Tyzap
    The other confirmation emails are to assist an insurance claim, my travel insurance right?
    Originally posted by themass
    Thats RA's way of deflecting responsibility away from themselves.

RA are not going to make it easy for you, they never do, this is what they do with virtually all claimants. You only have to read back through this thread to find loads of examples.
    • philpettinger
    • By philpettinger 13th Jul 17, 2:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    philpettinger
    Ryanair compo 800 euros
    Received 800 Euros (2 passengers Birmingham to Gran Canaria) for a 3hour 15 min flight delay. It took 2 emails and 21 days to get answer. The plane had technical issues on runway at Birmingham.
    Last edited by philpettinger; 13-07-2017 at 2:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

231Posts Today

3,684Users online

Martin's Twitter