Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 111
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 12th Jul 17, 9:52 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi themass,

I believe that NWNF claims companies would not be willing to take on your case, so that leaves you with the DIY option.

If you are willing to pursue the airline yourself you have two options, use CDRL who provide ADR services for RA. This is a free service and I would give them a call as a first step.

The second option is more formal and uses the European Court Procedure, details of which are contained in the great guide produced by Dr Watson in the following link.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64457359&postcount=569

I think you should look into and consider both option before deciding what to do.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • themass
    • By themass 13th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    themass
    Crazy this, we only followed instruction.
    What about the delay. anything there? why do they send me so called proof.
    What is CDRL short for.
    Thanks
    Last edited by themass; 13-07-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 13th Jul 17, 10:54 AM
    • 860 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Tyzap
    The delay is classed as an EC, so nothing there .

The other confirmation emails are to assist an insurance claim.

You followed verbal instructions and reacted quickly, quite understandable under the given circumstances, but now that they are denying you a refund the onus is on you to prove what actually happened. Which is why I asked if anyone else could corroborate you story or if it was in an email.

Did any other passengers also re book flights that you know of? As that would obviously help.
    • themass
    • By themass 13th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    themass
    The other confirmation emails are to assist an insurance claim, my travel insurance right? there were lots who left the airport before us, no one we knew there were police and all sorts as it was getting out of hand, the Ryanair airport staff were useless, just handed out complaint forms and told us to re book. it is common sense why book another flight unless told to do so.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Jul 17, 1:05 PM
    • 2,898 Posts
    • 819 Thanks
    JPears
    If the flight actually left in the end, then the passenger could claim denied boarding?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 13th Jul 17, 1:31 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Tyzap
    The other confirmation emails are to assist an insurance claim, my travel insurance right?
    Originally posted by themass
    Thats RA's way of deflecting responsibility away from themselves.

RA are not going to make it easy for you, they never do, this is what they do with virtually all claimants. You only have to read back through this thread to find loads of examples.
    • philpettinger
    • By philpettinger 13th Jul 17, 2:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    philpettinger
    Ryanair compo 800 euros
    Received 800 Euros (2 passengers Birmingham to Gran Canaria) for a 3hour 15 min flight delay. It took 2 emails and 21 days to get answer. The plane had technical issues on runway at Birmingham.
    Last edited by philpettinger; 13-07-2017 at 2:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 13th Jul 17, 3:04 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Received 800 Euros (2 passengers Birmingham to Gran Canaria) for a 3hour 15 min flight delay. It took 2 emails and 21 days to get answer. The plane had technical issues on runway at Birmingham.
    Originally posted by philpettinger
    Phil,

Your claim must be that one in a million.

An amazing coincidence that you posted for the first time just when I was explaining how difficult RA usually are too.

You say it only took you 21 days to get the answer but how long did it take to get your money!

For the benefit of other please give us more detail about your claim.
    • themass
    • By themass 14th Jul 17, 9:21 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    themass
    If the flight actually left in the end, then the passenger could claim denied boarding?
    Originally posted by JPears
    Tell me more please,
    My time line, checked in 5pm, then this flight cancelled at 6.33

Dear Steven Marshall,
    We sincerely apologise for the cancellation of your flight FR1122 from Tenerife-South to Birmingham on the 27-06-2017. There are two options available to you.
    Your next steps are outlined below:
    1. Apply for a refund
    Refund
    If you wish to cancel your reservation and claim a full refund of the unused flight(s) click Refund and enter your booking details.
    Refunds will be processed within 7 working days back to the form of payment used for the original booking.
    2. Change your Cancelled Flight (for free)
    Change Flight
    The easiest way to change your cancelled flight for free to Birmingham (subject to seat availability) is by clicking "Change Flight" to transfer your booking online.
    If you require rerouting options, departing / arriving from another airport served by Ryanair or changing an unaffected return flight, please contact one of our advisors using our Free Online Chat or calling one of our customer service Contacts Numbers.
    We understand the inconvenience of flight cancellations and will accommodate your option of choice wherever possible, while complying with EU Regulation 261/2004.
    For more information on cancellations visit our Frequently Asked Questions
    We again apologise for the cancellation of your flight.
    Sincerely
    Ryanair Customer Services.
    Last edited by themass; 14-07-2017 at 9:32 AM.
    • themass
    • By themass 14th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    themass
    pleas note, no other flights were available and it would not give us a refund.
    After the long queue wait advised by Ryanair staff to find another airline.
    done Jet2 booked at 7.37, at this stage we are off to collect our checked in bags
    then at 20.11 we get this
    Dear Steven Marshall,
    We sincerely apologise for the cancellation of your flight FR1122 from Tenerife South to Birmingham.
    All passengers in your booking have been transferred to the following flight:
    To Birmingham: FR1122
    Depart: Tenerife South
    Date: 27/6/2017
    Time: 21:00
    Arrival: Birmingham
    Date: 28/06/2018
    Time: 01:25
    To take this flight you can check-in through our app and save the boarding pass to your phone or through our website and re-print your boarding pass. If you can’t access either, we’ll re-issue your boarding pass for free at the airport ticket desk
    If you choose not to travel on this flight you can apply for a refund of all unused flights or transfer to another flight here
    We are committed to providing on time services for all passengers, but exceptionally there are situations outside of our control that affect our flight operations. We try our best to minimise the inconvenience of flight disruptions while complying with EU Regulation 261/2004.
    For more information on delays visit our Frequently Asked Questions
    We again apologise for the delay of your flight.
    Sincerely
    Ryanair Customer Services.
    Now if we had our cases we would have already left the airport
    • themass
    • By themass 14th Jul 17, 9:30 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    themass
    The whole thing is a joke, i dont want compo, gone past that just our money we paid to Jet2.
    i have contacted Bott&Co they are looking into it, Natwest have twice told me Ryanair should cough up, some holiday eh

Updated, Bott and Co have agreed to take this on.
    Last edited by themass; 14-07-2017 at 9:34 AM.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 14th Jul 17, 10:04 AM
    • 860 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Tyzap
    The whole thing is a joke, i dont want compo, gone past that just our money we paid to Jet2.
    i have contacted Bott&Co they are looking into it, Natwest have twice told me Ryanair should cough up, some holiday eh

Updated, Bott and Co have agreed to take this on.
    Originally posted by themass
    I'm surprised but very pleased, it should make your claim much easier.

Good luck and please keep us updated on any progress.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Jul 17, 10:06 AM
    • 2,898 Posts
    • 819 Thanks
    JPears
    So did you actually travel with Ryanir or Jet2 in the end?
    If the latter, then Ryanair effectively denied you boarding as the flight still departed, the fact that the Jet2 tyre burst caused the delay becomes irrelevant in connection with a denied boarding.
    It will be interesting to see what arguements Bott use in support of your claim.
    And if you eventually flew Jet2 fro Teneriffe South, the irony is marvellous...
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • themass
    • By themass 14th Jul 17, 10:22 AM
    • 132 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    themass
    Yes Ryanair, they would not give us our luggage back.
    All such a mess, if we would have had our cases we would have left the airport and flown back a day later, good job we did not book a room as well.
    It seems to me someone made a premature call to cancel the flights and this person should be accountable for what happened after that, if they just said you have a four delay fair enough but for the whole circle wow, what were people supposed to have done, OAP`S were crying the had no smartphones etc, total shambles.
    Last edited by themass; 14-07-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    • OleSmokey
    • By OleSmokey 21st Jul 17, 6:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    OleSmokey
    Flew from Girona to Stansted about three weeks ago. Was delayed by 5.5 hours due to a technical fault with the aircraft and submitted a compensation claim a couple of days later, on the 5th of July, via Resolver through MSE. On the 6th, Ryanair emailed to say they would be sending a cheque. Cheque for the legislated amount of compensation arrived today.

Pleasantly surprised by how efficiently and fairly Ryanair dealt with the claim.
    • joncass
    • By joncass 26th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    joncass
    Ryanair OR Resolver?
    Hi,

I am filling in details on RA own compensation form but there is nothing for simply being delayed. FR113 LGW - DUB 19.7.17 delay 3hrs34min. The only options I get offered are these:

"Please confirm which of the following options you chose and tick the appropriate box:
    Travelled on an alternative Ryanair flight
    Booked a flight with another airline
    Did not travel on the disrupted Ryanair flight and require a refund"

None of those apply, we had a technical fault which the ground crew openly admitted and we had to wait for a replacement part to be flown in from Cork. By the time this had arrived, been fitted, tested and passed inspection we boarded and departed, arriving over 3 hrs later than the advertised time.

Should I use resolver instead to begin the process?
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 26th Jul 17, 9:54 AM
    • 911 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Google Download and read Vaubans Guide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,101Posts Today

9,110Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin