Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 108
    • Qwertykev007
    • By Qwertykev007 7th Mar 17, 9:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Qwertykev007
    Ouch Ryanair
    Just got off a 4hr 53min delayed flight from bergamo to stanstead I'm sure this thread is going to get a fair bit of traffic shortly!
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 7th Mar 17, 10:30 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    What was the reason given for the delay?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 7th Mar 17, 11:40 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    The crafty !!!!!!s borrowed the plane parked 3 stands down , arrived 2.5 hours late....
    People were still putting stuff in overhead lockers as doors were shut and push back....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • hotcookie101
    • By hotcookie101 10th Mar 17, 8:51 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 2,946 Thanks
    hotcookie101
    Hi,
    My flight from Biarritz was cancelled tuesday night for a wednesday flight (due to air traffic control strike I believe) I was informed by text and given the options of rebooking or refund (there were no alternative flights that suited, but haven't filled in refund yet as things been hectic). We ended up having to fly easyjet from Bilbao. Are we able to claim back either the extra money we had to pay for the flight, or any compensation?
    Thanks in advance
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 10th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    • 10,780 Posts
    • 7,022 Thanks
    Caz3121
    your best bet will be your travel insurance. EU261 is not clear on airlines responsibility to offer rebooking on other airlines and many will only offer rebooking on their own flights (which they did) Compensation does not apply as the airline has no control over Air Traffic strikes
    • ImLost
    • By ImLost 15th Mar 17, 8:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ImLost
    I've been trying to get my money from Ryanair since 2014 and been ignored. I've claimed a few times, went to CAA which replied they agreed to pay and would contact me but never heard back. Sent more claims, had a web chat, mailed a final notice letter and saved receipt.
    Then tried resolver which went on to some retail ombudsman which rejected me.

This has all been over 2 years already.. I think I should take them to court at this point?
    I don't want to lose so much on an agency after putting so much effort on it.. is there some sort of guide on what to do to actually take them to court on my own?
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 15th Mar 17, 9:28 PM
    • 3,632 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    111KAB
    .. is there some sort of guide on what to do to actually take them to court on my own?
    Originally posted by ImLost

Vauban's Guide.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 15th Mar 17, 11:03 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    You have come to the right place. GOOGLE and download Vaubans guide. All explained in there. Good luck
    • ihavethesun
    • By ihavethesun 17th Apr 17, 9:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ihavethesun
    I've started filling the ESCP form, but it seems to need Ryanair's email address, which I can't find anywhere, does anyone know what it is?
    • Dr Watson
    • By Dr Watson 17th Apr 17, 10:12 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    Dr Watson
    I've started filling the ESCP form, but it seems to need Ryanair's email address, which I can't find anywhere, does anyone know what it is?
    Originally posted by ihavethesun
    Ihavethesun,
    I wouldn't worry about an email mail address for RA, the court of your choice will send the papers to RA's customer service address (by snail mail) which you should include on the form.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 569 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
    • rachelr1976
    • By rachelr1976 19th Apr 17, 7:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rachelr1976
    Hi all

looking for some advice, although it looks like ive had a better deal than a lot of the posters here. My cheque has come through from Ryan Air but its dated end July so i can actually cash it for 4 months, are they allowed to do this??

thanks
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 19th Apr 17, 8:23 PM
    • 3,632 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    111KAB
    Hi all

looking for some advice, although it looks like ive had a better deal than a lot of the posters here. My cheque has come through from Ryan Air but its dated end July so i can actually cash it for 4 months, are they allowed to do this??

thanks
    Originally posted by rachelr1976

Bloody hell ... the tricks these guys get up to. No they are not permitted to do this but the challenge is how to rectify it. By the time you instigate court action July will be around .... can only suggest you contact Ryanair and advise them of their 'mistake' and shortly afterwards (presuming no apology/correctly dated cheque) contact the CAA in the hope they will treat the matter seriously and force Ryanair to cough up.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 19th Apr 17, 8:24 PM
    • 4,673 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Vauban
    Hi all

thanks
    Originally posted by rachelr1976
    It's obviously an error - but the end of July is only just over 2 months away. By the time the airline have cancelled this cheque and issued a new one, you'll probably be beyond July anyway. I'd just try to cash it - and if it's refused by the bank, then pay it in again at the end of July.
    • ellymoo
    • By ellymoo 21st Apr 17, 2:38 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ellymoo
    Flight delay of 2 hours
    My Ryanair flight was delayed due to "technical reasons" for 2 hours while we all sat on the plane. (Monday.) I found it incredible that the staff did not offer any complimentary refreshments during the delay nor during the flight itself (or, considering it's Ryanair, perhaps I don't). I know a 2 hour delay is not a 3 hour delay, but is it worth me requesting compensation anyway?

They'll be getting a snitty letter for not bothering to offer drinks anyway.
    Last edited by ellymoo; 21-04-2017 at 4:12 PM.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 21st Apr 17, 2:54 PM
    • 10,780 Posts
    • 7,022 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I know a 2 hour delay is not a 3 hour delay, but is it worth me requesting compensation anyway?
    Originally posted by ellymoo
    I would not bother - unless you were over 3 hours late in arriving (not departing) there is no compensation due
    If you bought drinks then you could try sending in the receipt for reimbursement under EU261 Duty of Care
    (I had a 4 hour sit on a Jet2 flight some years ago and they didn't even offer water - and it took over 4 years before they paid compensation! - have never flown with them since)
    • ellymoo
    • By ellymoo 21st Apr 17, 3:02 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ellymoo
    OK, thanks. 4 hours without water is absolutely appalling! I will just send them a snottagram.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 21st Apr 17, 4:08 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    we sat on a Ryanair plane in 30deg heat in Lanzerote for 90 mins (after a 30 minute delay in airport), no aircon.
    Ryanair were happy to provide water - at £2.00 bottle! And no ice.
    Smugness as we had bought 2 large bottles of chilled water in airport.....: )
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • ellymoo
    • By ellymoo 21st Apr 17, 4:14 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ellymoo
    No air con!

I really loathed myself for flying with Ryanair, but they were the only realistic option available. Ugh.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 21st Apr 17, 5:59 PM
    • 725 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    Ganga
    No air con!

I really loathed myself for flying with Ryanair, but they were the only realistic option available. Ugh.
    Originally posted by ellymoo
    Do not feel so bad about yourself,fly with somebody else,they be more expensive but if admitting you flew with a budget airline causes you shame,change your carrier.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • custard14
    • By custard14 27th Apr 17, 6:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    custard14
    Ryanair flight compensation paid
    I have just successfully received flight compensation from Ryanair for a delayed flight back in July 2013 from Leeds Bradford to Faro,I previously tried to claim after the flight from them but was refused as they gave some lame excuse for some type of .....circumstances. After reading Martin's newsletter last month decided to re try using the resolver tool and thank you as 4 weeks later the money has been credited to our bank account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

262Posts Today

1,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin