Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 102
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 14th Oct 16, 2:52 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    The merry-go-round continues...

The CAA have responded with what I presume is a stock answer - they say they no longer get involved in passenger complaints (although I would say mine was a request for information rather than a complaint), and that I should direct my complaint to 'Airline Dispute Resolution', a scheme which falls under the umbrella of the Retail Ombudsman.

Before I use them I'd be interested to know how rigorously they investigate the reason for delays, or do they just accept the reason given by the airline. Does anyone have any experience of going down this route?

Thanks
    Simmo
    Originally posted by Simmo71

They're independent and impartial, the same as all Ombudsman. There's no reason to think they won't do their job efficiently. The CAA was never set up to deal with complaints, and could only give their opinion. They were never given the power necessary to make binding decisions re EU261. Any decision the Ombudsman makes is binding on their member airlines.
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 14th Oct 16, 4:39 PM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    111KAB
    They're independent and impartial, the same as all Ombudsman. There's no reason to think they won't do their job efficiently. The CAA was never set up to deal with complaints, and could only give their opinion. They were never given the power necessary to make binding decisions re EU261. Any decision the Ombudsman makes is binding on their member airlines.
    Originally posted by leylandsunaddict

An Ombudsman - "An ombudsman is a person who has been appointed to look into complaints about an organisation. Using an ombudsman is a way of trying to resolve a complaint without going to court."
    The CAA are not an Ombudsman and although they should be impartial the fact that they are funded by the aviation industry leads to many believing that they are more likely to side with their paymasters ...this has been proven to be the case in the past.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 14th Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    • 643 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Very true 111KAB,

It should always be remembered that.

1) During the Huzar v Jet2.com High Court case, the CAA asked the court to allow them to intervene (support) on behalf of the airline. The court, quite rightly, told them in no uncertain terms, that they could not.

2) Without the knowledge or agreement of all NEB's, the CAA, in conjunction with some UK airlines, published the infamous 'wish list' which the airlines used and purported as fact in many UK courts. The High Court later rubbished this list as having no legal authority.

3) Following the result in the High Court case (above) the CAA embarrassingly and completely wrongly published information on their website which was inaccurate and advised AGAINST UK law. This was changed soon afterwards when the press and others brought it to their attention.

I have to conclude that an ombudsman service will most likely be more impartial and also have more authority than the CAA.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 16th Oct 16, 1:09 PM
    • 2,593 Posts
    • 729 Thanks
    JPears
    Although it must be pointed out that under the EU regualtion, CAA are the appointed NEB who should take responsibility for enforcement of reg 261/2004. They can't and won't.
    Did we ever see any action taken when the airlines were givien a warning shot by the CAA to abide by the regulations, but continue to lie/con/procrastinate and cheat passenegers over the rightful compensation? In a word NO. The CAA are a bunch of !!!!less eejits....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 16th Oct 16, 1:58 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    Justice13075
    There as useless as a chocolate teapot
    • mariannes39
    • By mariannes39 18th Oct 16, 11:05 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mariannes39
    Hi
    Im in the process of making a claim against Ryanair. I'm using Resolver but now wondering if i should have just used a claims company. I have 10 days left before I can escalate my claim to the retail ombudsman. Has anyone had any luck with resolver and the RO?
    Our flight was Manchester to Barcelona 3 hours 20 mins late. It was late because the plane was late arriving from Alicante. Ryanair have tried to say this wasn't the case it was because Manchester airport had no take off slots for them! They also say we was all provided meal and refreshment vouchers so as far as they are concerned they did everything they should have. We never got any vouchers even when we sat trapped on the plane for over an hour no one asked if we wanted a drink! Do I just keep on going and see what the RO says? Or shall I get a claims company on board. Thanks for any help
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 18th Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    • 614 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Do NOT use a claims company unless they are solicitors e.g. Bott and Co as they are properly regulated. Having said that, it is usually a bad policy to change horses in midstream, so to speak. If you instruct a solicitor at this stage this will lead to unnecessary duplication. Having started with Resolver, I would see it through and if you are still dissatisfied, then by all means instruct a solicitor.
    As to the merits of your case, Bott Online do have a useful flight checker. Put your flight number and date into this and see what comes up.
    • vilhelms
    • By vilhelms 18th Oct 16, 5:54 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vilhelms
    Can anyone verify if this email address and this link are genuine: I'm a new poster and can't post links so have left spaces between..
    customer sevices> refund @ Ryanair .com
    complainttracker .ryanair.com
    • Michele274
    • By Michele274 19th Oct 16, 1:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Michele274
    Flight delay
    Hi,
    Did you ever get your compensation money? I have been told it will be in my bank within 10 working days but still no funds?
    • Michele274
    • By Michele274 19th Oct 16, 2:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Michele274
    Ryanair
    Hi, I have been waiting for payment for a claim I made a few weeks ago now, Ryanair provided this response, which was great:
    Originally posted by Izbizzle

'I wish to confirm that a bank transfer to the value of £425 (equivalent to €250 per full fare paying passenger) has been authorised in full and final settlement of your claim and in accordance with Article 7 of EU Regulation 261/2004. This transaction should be reflected on your bank statement within the next 14 days.'

I provided my bank details. Should I just reply asking them when I can expect my payment, or is there a better approach I should be considering? Thanks in advance.
    Hi, did you get the money off Ryanir as i have been told the funds will be in my bank within 10 working days, but still nothing??
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 19th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    Justice13075
    How long ago did they say you are getting compensation?
    • Michele274
    • By Michele274 19th Oct 16, 5:14 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Michele274
    Hi, I have been waiting for payment for a claim I made a few weeks ago now, Ryanair provided this response, which was great:

'I wish to confirm that a bank transfer to the value of £425 (equivalent to €250 per full fare paying passenger) has been authorised in full and final settlement of your claim and in accordance with Article 7 of EU Regulation 261/2004. This transaction should be reflected on your bank statement within the next 14 days.'

I provided my bank details. Should I just reply asking them when I can expect my payment, or is there a better approach I should be considering? Thanks in advance.
    I done mine through Resolver and so did my Auntie, hers worked but mines never. I got refused even though we were on the same flight. I just kept sending complaints on the website. They have said i am now entitled to compensation but we have still not recieved the funds into our bank accounts yet.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 19th Oct 16, 5:24 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Yes, but how long ago were you promised the money?
    • andre1990
    • By andre1990 20th Oct 16, 12:51 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    andre1990
    Has anyone had any experience of the below? I've escalated through the Resolver Tool up to Michael O'leary but have still heard nothing back.

Posting as otherwise im going to let a Bott & Co type company handle this, but it is frustrating given how close I am to getting compensation (they've upheld my complaint!)

Hi guys,

So my complaint has been upheld by Ryanair and they want me to log back into the complaint system to provide my bank account details.

The problem is, my flight was 3 years ago and the flight reservation number keeps getting rejected as I try to log in to my complaint with the error:

Your flight reservation number is invalid, please check the reservation number you have entered

Live chat don't have a clue and can only view 'valid' (i.e. recent) flight references.

Has anyone had this issue, or knows of how to resolve?

Thanks
    Originally posted by andre1990
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 20th Oct 16, 6:35 PM
    • 614 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Just tell Ryanair that you can't do what they want for the reasons that you've told us. Ask them to suggest an alternative method.
    • Gypsyblades
    • By Gypsyblades 25th Oct 16, 4:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gypsyblades
    Ryanair lying ?
    I might need help. I have looked through lots of bits of info to do with claiming compensation. I have just had a 4 and half hour delay from Ibiza to Manchester on Ryanair this weekend. I opened a case through resolver. Ryanair have been back in touch very quickly saying they do not have to pay as it was bad weather conditions. I however do not believe this to be the case. The Ryanair staff at the airport said that the previous flight wouldn't be leaving Manchester until at least 8pm which was 1 hour and 40 mins after our scheduled flight time. On top of that I also heard that they had to divert a plane earlier in the day which caused a knock on effect. Either way no other flights with other operators were cancelled or delayed, just ours. I have written back asking them to provide a report detailing the bad weather conditions and also the info that we were told in the airport. Does anybody know of anything else I can do as I truly believe they are lying about the weather conditions, and definitely wasn't relating to our flight anyway it was for an earlier flight if it was the case as our plane didn't arrive in Ibiza to take us home to Manchester until at least 4 hours late. I don't know where I stand or what to do but I do believe we are entitled to compensation which Ryanair are denying. Thanks in advance any and all input appreciated
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 25th Oct 16, 4:31 PM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    111KAB
    Gypsyblades - read Vauban's Guide and posts by Dr Watson on the Ryanair thread and then decide whether to DIY or NWNF. Also you could try one of the NWNF checking (Bott & Co) sites to confirm your entitlement.
    • Gypsyblades
    • By Gypsyblades 25th Oct 16, 4:36 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gypsyblades
    I did use the bots checker thing and sent a screen shot to Ryanair showing that all checks were passed and I was entitled to the 400 euros each. I will have a look at the other thing though thanks x
    • Gypsyblades
    • By Gypsyblades 25th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gypsyblades
    Where do I find vaubons guide, sorry complete newbie x
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 25th Oct 16, 5:09 PM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    111KAB
    First listing on Google if you search Vauban's Guide .....

https://dl.orangedox.com/GdfSa4xUZdZI5GJadr/Vauban's%20Guide%20to%20Claiming%20Flight%20Dela%2 0%20y%20Compensation.pdf
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,319Posts Today

7,962Users online

Martin's Twitter