Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 89
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 20th Nov 17, 3:40 AM
    • 1,179 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Tyzap
    It's here...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73436524#post73436524
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • twisterzzz
    • By twisterzzz 20th Nov 17, 9:09 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    twisterzzz
    I was recently on a business trip and my inbound flight from Nice to Heathrow was cancelled the day before flying (reason : French air controller strike). The flight was originally booked by my company's appointed travel agency. As soon as I received flight cancellation email from BA I advised our travel agency and they couldn't really get me a replacement flight on the planned return date.

For personal reasons I had to return on the planned return date so I had no choice but to buy another very expensive BA flight (paid about £500) from Marseille to Heathrow. Plus taxi costs to go to airport (Marseille) of about £250 since there were no direct flights available from Nice. I would hopefully be compensated for the travel costs by my company however I'm sure some questions will be asked when submitting my expenses.

The question is, am I in position to claim compensation from BA for missing my original flight and inconvenience caused OR travel agency ONLY will be able to claim any compensations.
    Last edited by twisterzzz; 20-11-2017 at 9:12 AM.
    • twisterzzz
    • By twisterzzz 20th Nov 17, 9:15 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    twisterzzz
    Thanks, posted there, is there a way to delete this thread.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Nov 17, 9:23 AM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    no, we just let it sink to the bottom.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Nov 17, 9:25 AM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Unfortunately, probably not. ATC strikes are one of the few true ECs.
    You could put your flight details into a checker, such as Botts, to see if you have a valid claim.

• Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 20th Nov 17, 9:28 AM
    • 10,864 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    There is no EU261 compensation for ATC strikes as this is not within the control of the airline.
    Did your travel agent not ask BA to move you to a MRS flight rather than purchase a new ticket for the alternate flight?
    • twisterzzz
    • By twisterzzz 21st Nov 17, 7:44 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    twisterzzz
    There is no EU261 compensation for ATC strikes as this is not within the control of the airline.
    Did your travel agent not ask BA to move you to a MRS flight rather than purchase a new ticket for the alternate flight?
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    They tried but there was no flight on the same day and like I mentioned before I had to return on the same day so had no choice but to buy a ticket from another airport.
    • fudgesmoothies
    • By fudgesmoothies 25th Nov 17, 2:17 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    fudgesmoothies
    Just an update on my case, had a nice email this morning and both of us are getting 600 euros in compensation! Result! Thanks for the advice and help on the original post
    • JPears
    • By JPears 25th Nov 17, 2:35 PM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    fanatastic, well done.
    And apologies for misreading the regulations earlier!

• Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 25th Nov 17, 9:01 PM
    • 1,179 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Well done fudgesmoothies
    • abertawe1
    • By abertawe1 27th Nov 17, 8:23 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    abertawe1
    hi fudgesmoothies
    well done with your compo ,was your cancelled flight on the 3rd of nov by anychance sounds light the same flight i was on . i am still waiting to hear on my claim.
    • LadyHPleasanton
    • By LadyHPleasanton 28th Nov 17, 10:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LadyHPleasanton
    Applied for compensation through Resolver link on MSE for a flight from Baku, Azerbijan for October 2015 beginning of November (2017) and received 600 Euros last week.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Nov 17, 11:34 AM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Very good news. Well done.

• Jinder
    • By Jinder 29th Nov 17, 11:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jinder
    Hi, I made a complaint to BA through resolver, me an my wife was delayed 2 days coming home from Bahamas in 2013 due to over booked plane, BA gave me an my wife £250 each and put us up on Hilton for 2 nights, the £250 was for the 2 days we was they to spend, anyway when I put a claim in my rply was we was paid £250 each so wasn't entitled to anymore, any help and advice please
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 30th Nov 17, 7:21 AM
    • 4,712 Posts
    • 2,087 Thanks
    Vauban
    Hi, I made a complaint to BA through resolver, me an my wife was delayed 2 days coming home from Bahamas in 2013 due to over booked plane, BA gave me an my wife £250 each and put us up on Hilton for 2 nights, the £250 was for the 2 days we was they to spend, anyway when I put a claim in my rply was we was paid £250 each so wasn't entitled to anymore, any help and advice please
    Originally posted by Jinder
    Did you agree to accept £250 in exchange for agreeing to be offloaded from the flight voluntarily? If so, then you were not denied boarding and not eligible for the normal compensation (€600 each).

But if you did agree to voluntarily remove yourself for the flight, it presumably wasn't too inconvenient - and you had a paid for extension to your Caribbean holiday in the Hilton.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 30th Nov 17, 7:30 AM
    • 1,179 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Originally posted by Jinder
    Hi jinder,

Are you saying the £250 was given for costs and incidentals to spend during the two day extension? It's not very clear from your post. Did
    you have to sign and agreement of any sort?
    • Jinder
    • By Jinder 30th Nov 17, 11:39 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jinder
    No didn't sign anything, they didn't really give us a choice they said they was 1 seat left they was a few other passengers effected, they didn't state the 250 was our compensation, we was of the idea it was given for us for the Xtra 2 days stay
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 30th Nov 17, 12:21 PM
    • 1,179 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Was money given 'there and then' in cash or paid into your bank account at a later date?

What did they say to you?

Were meals, hotel and transfers to/from the airport paid for by BA?

It's not clear from what you say and it's not the normal way BA deal with delays/cancellations.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 30th Nov 17, 12:55 PM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    "We was". �� grrr...

• Bracken83
    • By Bracken83 30th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bracken83
    Hi,
    I’m hoping someone on here can please give me some advice regarding BA flight compensations claims.

I had a flight delay in April 2014 from LHR to JFK airport. We were delayed for over 4 hours and boarded the plane once to be told (literally as everyone was seated and had stowed their luggage), that there was some kid of fuel problem and we all would have to disembark. So everyone got off and we waited for the said number of hours with no information or anything. Eventually we got on board the same plane (I even asked a steward if it was safe to be travelling to the long flight to New York and I was assured by him that it was). We found out during the flight it had been over fuelling that had caused the long delay. So, with it not being weather etc I decided to pursue a claim seeing as we had missed a meal with family due to our late arrival and we were 5 hours late to our hotel in the end.
    I started my claim through resolver using the standard template 12 weeks ago and had heard nothing up to last week when I decided to escalate it. Within days of doing this I got a standard response from BA saying please be patient they are handling lots of claims. Then a few days after that I received a message from them apologising for the delay I experienced and any inconvenience caused however they then went on to tell me that they had checked their records and I did not travel on that flight!!!!!! So they would not be paying me any compensation. I was and still am incensed! I damn well was on that flight but now I’m not sure what to do. How can I prove it? I have my e-tickets and confirmation etc, I can prove I was in NYC and when I arrived but how can I prove it was that flight?
    I don’t know whether they are just making it up to try to prevent a claim or what.
    It was booked through a third party website (Opodo) and intially we flew Manchester to LHR and then onto the delayed flight.
    Has anyone had this response before from BA? I’m so cross because it’s a genuine claim and if they can just dismiss it by saying ‘their records show I didn’t take that flight’ then surely they can do that to everyone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,725Posts Today

6,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin