Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 422
    • wilding45
    • By wilding45 14th Feb 18, 8:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wilding45
    CEDR award isnt the end
    CEDR has found in my favour and have notified me that they are in meetings with TUI about why they have not paid agreed amounts .

In my case CEDR did not have to make a ruling as the airline offered to pay a fixed sum - which is overdue. I may therefore have to go to court anyway - so the best solution is probably to send letter before actoion stating that you would like to mediate but have heard that offers are made and not honoured so you will be going to court unless the money appears. You should not be looked down on by the court as the other side do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by wilding45; 14-02-2018 at 8:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 14th Feb 18, 9:42 PM
    • 793 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Tui failing to honour CEDR awards is becoming all too frequent. Perhaps the press or TV would be interested especially as the CAA doesn!!!8217;t seem to be doing anything to force their hand.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Feb 18, 10:04 PM
    • 3,446 Posts
    • 961 Thanks
    JPears
    Please a make complaint to the CAA. They have washed their hands of the whole farce and debacle of what is supposedly UK A and EU law.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 14th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 1,266 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Re Flight 616 BHX - LRM
    CEDR found in my favour this morning. CEDR process has been quite painless. Now to get them to pay up the compensation!
    Originally posted by mooretr
    Thats great news, well done

Lets hope others also get their compensation too.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • smartly
    • By smartly 14th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    smartly
    I think you can post a claim now through this website ( MSE ) which uses Resolver.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 15th Feb 18, 12:23 AM
    • 793 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    legal magpie
    There's no point in using Resolver when CEDR have already found in your favour. If you were now to issue Court proceedings, TUI wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
    • smartly
    • By smartly 15th Feb 18, 9:02 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    smartly
    My post was a general post, not specific to previous failure to pay.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,664Posts Today

9,717Users online

Martin's Twitter